Since when JAY-Z has become apart of Black Leadership???

J

Juan Dan

dat aint for you dread that was for the OP
no problem its just that there are MANY who think that about me and its always interesting to know why....
for example in what taj just put up....jigga trying to "keep it real"...cause blk people will say he straying, even democratic wite people.....if its one thing I dont like about blk people is their ONE MINDSET...
no room for other ideas or creativity..."this is blkness"

dedetriniking

@OP

this is one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't situations. When black artist do nothing we are up in arms look at all what is going on in the black community where are the leaders, where are the rich black people? the second they step FWD we tear them down just as quickly.

Jay-z became part of the black leadership because he choose to do so.... kinda like how you became the leader on IMIX of tearing black people down...
Well said! Whether i like JZ's stance or not i applaud him for putting himself out there like that. One can sit back and enjoy their millions and stand for nothing...or one can take stand for something. Its america.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
interview the excerpt was take from

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wc900jur8ZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Re8S3xZbRNI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

trinike

nas talk nothing but bullshit
all that god body semi religious crap is just crap
nas was doing what dmx was doing
taking advantage of a jail mindset
jigga didnt do that even when it was the hot shit

well let me ask

what did nas teach the youth?
i called this thread bs for a reason, in that both artist have their negatives, but is it hard to see/understand that one can take positives from each of their lives/work and be inspired to make something of yourself?

why must it be so overwhelmingly negative?

through the W.E.Debois chair, Harvard has given another black man prominence.

through Jay Z's shrewd dealings, he has given us another black couple with prominence.

i don't know man, i feed off the positives, even if i dissect the whole.

Oneshot

where de crix
@OP

this is one of those damned if you do and damned if you don't situations. When black artist do nothing we are up in arms look at all what is going on in the black community where are the leaders, where are the rich black people? the second they step FWD we tear them down just as quickly.

Jay-z became part of the black leadership because he choose to do so.... kinda like how you became the leader on IMIX of tearing black people down...
lol y'all forever looking for people to save you.

J

Juan Dan

i called this thread bs for a reason, in that both artist have their negatives, but is it hard to see/understand that one can take positives from each of their lives/work and be inspired to make something of yourself?

why must it be so overwhelmingly negative?

through the W.E.Debois chair, Harvard has given another black man prominence.

through Jay Z's shrewd dealings, he has given us another black couple with prominence.

i don't know man, i feed off the positives, even if i dissect the whole.
what is a man but a history of mistakes
some are born and some become

and upon becoming a man if/when a man realises that he is judged by his "works"
then here we have it

the issue I have are those things that go on in the dark if they be negative
who pulls their strings or direct them, are they negative

my main concentration is his effect on the majority of the youth
he the closest of his music generation to be such a "boss'
HE should be studied at harvard as to how to move
from bad friends to business world

I always say this and the video doesnt seem to exist anymore yet there is an mtv special about the artists where they say "you think you know but you have no idea"
THAT is when I became a fan of the man
he was in a limo with lyor going to mtv and just being introduced to folks and in a sense being tutored
I knew right then things were gonna be different