So, no one gonna discuss the Flatbus Mini-Riot?

Seawall

this i have always heard and been told.. and to date.. have never been profiled, stopped, questioned by a police officer, been to the jail , detained. etc. etc... i've been around cops my entire life.. so maybe i see both sides of this whole thing... ultimately it is up to us to choose what mentality we foster with respect to the police..
Usually, they're after young black men, not women. I've been profiled numerous times, and so have my brothers. I was even followed by helicopter and cornered by several police cars just for running. Why was I running? It was raining. And where was I going - to my apartment from my college. I've also been pulled over numerous times for driving in the wrong neighborhood. Why was I there - just going to work. One time cops followed me all the way from route 270 in Gaithersburg, and pulled me over in front of the building I worked at in Potomac. They claimed that I made an illegal right turn, even though the arrow was green. They didn't find anything, so they left. I've never been charged for anything, and never smoked, drank and drove, or had illegal drugs. If I had been caught with a joint or two, my life could've been totally different. One explanation I was offered for being pulled over was that I looked too young, and a lot of cars like the one I was driving were being stolen. All of these incidents were before the locs. And I was one of those innocent looking, pretty faced youths(no vanity), not thug looking atall (as if it matters). People make too many excuses for cops, it's their jobs to control and harass black youths. Furthermore, it was the white boys who were strung up on some form of illegal drugs, but they didn't have anything to worry about.

Ras_Apache

Does anybody have any FACTS as to what happened? No speculation please.
ive been trying to find out the facts since yesterday. instead all i am getting is everyones personal spin including either their bias against cops or their personal bias against gang members from the hood.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
in the mens section or the womens section? if you did it in the mens section then major turn on...in the womens section its nothing new...all kinda scandal takes place on that side
In the men's section..and as the sauce was dripping from my fingers, I raised up my burqa to show I wasn't wearing any draws.

#bawse

Seawall

You ask people how many times Amadou Diallo was shot...they all will say 41 times, when in fact he was shot 18 times. *smh*

It's like you people like me repeating myself....all of these Police dramas always start the same.

"Police approached gave verbal command and the suspect walks/runs away."

Diallo walked away, went up his building steps. Then steps in a dark building vestibule with his hands up, but then he reaches for something in his back pocket that's black..which after being Shot At 41 times, taking 18 of those shots. It's found to be that he was reaching for his wallet. People never recant the part where the officers testified during the time they were firing they saw one of the officers stumble back on the steps, having them think he got shot.

I stated in a few of my post...that when black people ask would they want to become police, and do the policing of their community...the majority says NO. This was also echoed by Lucianite...Well why not? I thin it's CLEAR & INHERENT that because of the state of crime and nonsense in these communities. They will be spending a lot of time locking up their own, and more importantly...they know these NEGROS out here tend to be TREACHEROUS. There's a quiet/unspoken knowledge amongst the community, that these fools out here are crazy, and are not to be messed with...to be avoided at all Cost. So, yeh...why put yourself in the line of danger, cuz you feel they would shoot you faster as Black officer than if you were a White one.

I don't hate police, when I was young my environment influenced me to hate and be confrontational towards police. TRUTH be TOLD, it was never the positive & decent people preaching to hate the police. It was always the No Good, Indecent, going no where fast individuals that spread the negativity. The good people always preached do what u suppose to do, stay off the streets and respect yourself and your surroundings.
So now Diallo was somehow responsible for his own execution (and being hit with 19 bullets wasn't even enough). How come we don't hear about cops emptying their clips at alleged white serial killers, mass shooters, or murderers? Any fool should realize that they shoot at a demonized, or dehumanized individual, not some normal person. I have first cousins who are cops in Brooklyn, and the stories they tell....

Ras_Apache

In the men's section..and as the sauce was dripping from my fingers, I raised up my burqa to show I wasn't wearing any draws.

#bawse
Chinks, you gone too far now....you gone too bloodclaat FAR! muslim man nuh watch pum pum inna mosque! a heediot ting you do!

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
What we have here is a crisis of confidence.

Two very strong stereotypes colliding.
A young black male - predisposed to criminal activity
NYPD - predisposed to using excessive force.

Only people who know what truly happened are the victim, the cops and the nosy parkers who not saying anything now for fear of reprisal.

Audree

Bush Baby
ive been trying to find out the facts since yesterday. instead all i am getting is everyones personal spin including either their bias against cops or their personal bias against gang members from the hood.

The media is reporting many untruths.
Good thing Kiki's Principal spoke so highly of the youth.
He was not in a gang, he was the average kid in the hood.
Stuff I seen in the papers are the total opposite of what his own
neighbors have to say. They way the 50's united with parents and children its clear he could of in no way been the 'neighborhood terror'

And the level of Police it have on church ave from sun up till down is like 'WTF' the department knows they ################ed up BIG TIME and they are paranoid like mofo's

either way, with a record like the two murders its just shocking that they would actually put them together to 'work' says a lot

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
they always have Church ave crawling with cops on Friday evenings.. so that alone.. same way like in Brownsville.. every other block is cops...

Audree

Bush Baby
LR PLEASE do not try to DUMB this down.

Horses and helicopters is not a 'normal thing'

Last night I was on 55th and it was MUCH CALMER from the nights

before. Cops are still on roofs and about 8 horses was out there last

just last night. After 12

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2013/03/kimani_gray_4.php

The only publicly identified eyewitness in the killing of a Brooklyn teen by two New York City police officers is standing by her claim that the young man was empty-handed when he was gunned down, and now says one of the cops involved threatened her life.
In an extended interview with the Village Voice Saturday night--one week to the day after 16-year-old Kimani Gray was killed--Tishana King, 39, provided new, vivid details about the 10th-grader's final moments.

King said one officer stood "right over" Gray, continuing to shoot him while he was on the ground, and that neither cop identified himself as law enforcement when the incident began.

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
they always have Church ave crawling with cops on Friday evenings.. so that alone.. same way like in Brownsville.. every other block is cops[/B]...
i was up there about three weekends ago and saw this. i was thinking, "daammmmnnnnn. what in the...?" i specifically didn't wanna go back to where i was staying alone late that night b/c i was told that the area isn't that safe. i had no clue about that until i asked

OverLord Strum

Jigga ease up with the name calling. I know today I called Nick a niglet and VP a goat in other threads...but adults should be able to disagree without name calling.

Mayak

Imix Bad Man
The media is reporting many untruths.
Good thing Kiki's Principal spoke so highly of the youth.
He was not in a gang, he was the average kid in the hood.
Stuff I seen in the papers are the total opposite of what his own
neighbors have to say. They way the 50's united with parents and children its clear he could of in no way been the 'neighborhood terror'

And the level of Police it have on church ave from sun up till down is like 'WTF' the department knows they ################ed up BIG TIME and they are paranoid like mofo's

either way, with a record like the two murders its just shocking that they would actually put them together to 'work' says a lot

Thats right sis