So, no one gonna discuss the Flatbus Mini-Riot?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Audree.. how did i dumb anything down.. i said what's the truth.. on a Friday evening.. there are cops every couple paces on Church avenue.. and i've stated OVER AND OVER again how much police presence there is out there all of last week... i pass there EVERY day and see them.. believe me i can tell you the amount of horses, mobile police bus, motorcycle squads, riot police, community police, regular beat cops, one man vehicles, squad cars , buses from the 67 and the 71st out there.. i said NOTHING about helicopters or horse being normal.. hell i never mentioned that... i was VERY clear in my statement.. there is a police presence on FRIDAY EVENINGS on CHURCH AVE...

but you are correct in that it is beginning to be calmer from nights gone by.. Monday night was the worst.. and Wed night, you could also tell that something was going to pop off... folks dont need a degree in criminology to know when shit is about to go down.. two sides equally suspicious of the other and an incident that throws them right into the ring happens? yea.. not a place for innocent bystanders...

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
I understand that this incident is tragic and regardless if this kid was a mence to society or not, he still a meber of our race & culture. So there is a need to pick-up & protect him...I get that, I really do.

But I mean come on...

If you all wanna say he wasn't a REAL gangster gangbanger...just a WANNA BE. I could respect that.

But to act like this kid was involved and infatuated with the gangbangers' lifestyle. Would be an all out LIE.

The mother said he was not affiliated or aprt of any gang.

Yet...HelloBrooklyn doesn't know the child and was able to post on Imix a colage of three pics of this kid doing gangsigns with his hands, holding up a Red Flag that represents Bloods gang. plastered all over the newspapers & tv news the have a photo of this yute wearing gangbeads around his neck. Then HB' comes back and post a video of this kid chaining up a younger 13 yr old boy to throw up CRIP gnag signs and verberlize his gang click. But when the kid goes TOO FAR by pulling his CRIP gang beads tout of his shirt where it was tucked in. Kimani Gray slaps the boy for disrespecting him by pulling out the gangbeads, telling the kid.."Are you stupid? you do that in front of a Blood?"

Yet, we have people in this thread putting a blind eye to glaring evidence. Kimani was with group of friends when the police rolled up on them. Other people were outside as well. This one woman Tishana King, was ONE witness out of many...she gave her initial statement saying one thing. Now after a week recants her statement, and gives a different story of the incident. She now cliams she was threaten by ONE officer.

It makes me wonder if all of the mutiple witnesses were threaten too, or maybe she was threaten by multiple witnesses in the neighborhood. Cuz, you know how the HOOD' is...They don't like a SNITCH. I mean she got to live there, the COPS dont.

All in all, it doesn't matter which side or whose side you take in this incident. This is just an unfortunate and messy situation. But a situation we all can learn from...sometimes it takes someone dying for us to remember out principles & morals.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
well i got some intel today that states that this whole family is involved in folly and are well known in the area... they lost one son to an accident.. and another one got shot up a couple times and gave the staff at an area hospital HELL.. (and i had the "pleasure" of seeing this myself).. and he was quite young too.. maybe 21/22 and was bad as all hell.. like cussed everybody out, was threatening to merk everybody. they tried to finish him off in there too.. .. there was fighting in the lobby, i think the mother knocked down either the babymoms or the girlfriend.. all kinds of crazy shit... so if that is indeed his brother.. then that was a crazy path... also it is alleged that the boy's own father admitted that he had a gun? i mean.. if the father saying one thing, and the mother saying something totally different.. then what the hell is really going on..

and this stuff is not over.. i hope it doesnt escalate the way i've heard its going to..smh.. i heard there's a hit out on them cops.. somebody posted something on instagram.. and also .. ear to the streets says that the cops are on the defensive for what's coming next..

Audree

Bush Baby
The two New York Police officers who shot 16-year old Kimani Gray, Sgt. Mourad Mourad and Officer Jovaniel Cordova have been named in five federal lawsuits, according to court records and cost the city $215,000 in settlements. This only adds fuel to the fire of unrest that has occurred since the teenager was shot last week and serves as evidence to supporters that police corruption was behind the boy’s shooting

Sgt. Mourad got three lawsuits against him while he was a plain clothes cop on Staten Island, and Officer Cordova got two against him at Brooklyn’s 70th precinct. The cases involved civil rights violations, false arrest and illegal stop and search. The arrests, by Mourad and Cordova, were later dismissed by prosecutors against six plaintiffs, except for one and the criminal cases were sealed.

Lawyer Brett Klein, who filed four of the five suits said, “Our clients’ interactions with Sgt. Mourad and Officer Cordova expose a disturbing pattern of unconstitutional and aggressive stop-and-frisk practices. In each case, Mourad and Cordova attempted to cover up their misconduct by falsifying and fabricating evidence.”

After the shooting of Gray, that has sparked riots, Mourad and Cordova had been assigned to desk duty. According to Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly, Gray was shot after he pointed a gun at the two policemen when they approached a gang of youths.

A woman, who previously told Internal Affairs that she couldn’t see what the gang of kids were doing because of of her angle, later told the Daily News that she saw the shooting from her apartment window. She said that Gray did not have a gun in his hand.

Both Mourad and Cordova had each been involved in a previous shooting, which was deemed to be within department guidelines. “None of these civil claims were tried, and the officers were not found to have engaged in any wrongdoing. The decision to settle should not be held against them. The settlements were not large by legal standards, as they included attorney’s fees,” said city lawyer Muriel Goode-Trufant.

Gray’s death has sparked outrage in East Flatbush, the working-class area of Brooklyn where he lived and died. A total of 46 people were arrested on Wednesday night where resentment against the police officers who patrol these streets has erupted into violence.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg said, “Our hearts all have to go out to the family of this young man. So far, all indications are that the young man had a gun, and I can promise you that we will conduct a full and fair investigation.”

Kimani Gray Shooters Have Been Sued Several Times for Civil Rights Violations | Your Black World

Audree

Bush Baby
Kimani Gray Jovaniel Cordova Sergeant Mourad Mourad: Officers Who Killed Kimani Gray Have Been Sued Repeatedly For Civil Rights Violations | Breaking News for Black America

As information continues to surface regarding the events surrounding 16-year-old Kimani Gray‘s shooting by NYPD officers on March 9th, it appears that the initially unnamed Officers Jovaniel Cordova (pictured below left) and Sergeant Mourad Mourad (pictured below) reportedly cost the New York Police Department hundreds of thousands of dollars due to previous civil rights violations, according to the New Yorker.
RELATED: Principal Of Slain Brooklyn Teen Pens Heartfelt Letter: ‘We Miss Kimani’ [VIDEO]
In 2007, Mourad was reportedly sued at least three times for abuse of stop-and-frisk, while Cordova is said to have been sued twice in 2011 for similar mishandling of the public to the tune of $215,000 in total.
In fact, Attorney Brett Klein of Leventhal & Klein LLP told WNYC that in four of the five cases brought against the two officers — Klein represented four of the clients — violent force culminating in false arrests is a problematic pattern for both Cordova and Mourad:
“Our clients’ interactions with Sergeant Mourad [and] Officer Cordova expose a disturbing pattern of unconstitutional and aggressive stop-and-frisk practices. In our experience, their practices resulted in the false arrests of our clients often with violence.

Audree

Bush Baby
well i got some intel today that states that this whole family is involved in folly and are well known in the area... they lost one son to an accident.. and another one got shot up a couple times and gave the staff at an area hospital HELL.. (and i had the "pleasure" of seeing this myself).. and he was quite young too.. maybe 21/22 and was bad as all hell.. like cussed everybody out, was threatening to merk everybody. they tried to finish him off in there too.. .. there was fighting in the lobby, i think the mother knocked down either the babymoms or the girlfriend.. all kinds of crazy shit... so if that is indeed his brother.. then that was a crazy path... also it is alleged that the boy's own father admitted that he had a gun? i mean.. if the father saying one thing, and the mother saying something totally different.. then what the hell is really going on..

and this stuff is not over.. i hope it doesnt escalate the way i've heard its going to..smh.. i heard there's a hit out on them cops.. somebody posted something on instagram.. and also .. ear to the streets says that the cops are on the defensive for what's coming next..

Who got the 'Intel' today, you or the person that gave you the story?

and

Who had the 'Pleasure' of seeing what jumped off?

Cause between the 'Hearsay' and the 'Media', I don't know which is worse. generally speaking

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer

LR'...this incident is Very very messy. When the media started reporting this last Monday, the uncle was very neutral and PC' about this incident. I read it as..."Well, he wasn't that bad to be in a situation to be shot down by cops, how could this happen?" Tishana King said in a interview wiith the village voice that she yelled out the window towards the officers. "Why? Why so much shots?" after stating she could see everything, and did not see any gun in Kimani's hand before they shot him. I find that to be WEIRD...why shot "Why so much shots?" oppose to "Why? Why did you shoot him? what did he do, for you to shoot him?" She says, she came to her window to see who was outside cuz there was alot of loud talking, and loud laughing. When she realized that it was some kids from next door and friends, stating that it was about 7 or 8 of them. I find it really weird that none of these youths are being mentioned as witnesses at this point. I guess cuz they are still minors, so it can't be made public yet.

But your piece of info...and personal account of his sibling and family members. Coupled with the rumor of the Hood putting a contract on the officers head, corroborates with my theory below from my lat post.

his one woman Tishana King, was ONE witness out of many...she gave her initial statement saying one thing. Now after a week recants her statement, and gives a different story of the incident. She now cliams she was threaten by ONE officer.

It makes me wonder if all of the mutiple witnesses were threaten too, or maybe she was threaten by multiple witnesses in the neighborhood. Cuz, you know how the HOOD' is...They don't like a SNITCH. I mean she got to live there, the COPS dont.

Oh, the threat she received from the ONE COP was this:

"I just remember screaming out the window 'Why?! Why so much?!" King recalled. She claims the "main shooter"'s partner--"with the short haircut"--responded.

"He started waving his gun up at our windows, myself and my neighbor. 'Get your F-ing head out the window before I shoot you.'" King said she and her neighbor "jumped back."

"I told the authorities that," she said. "You threatened our lives and we didn't even do anything."

Does that sound like something that would make you lie, when the investigators question you 2 hours after the incident? I'm finding hard for me to believe that. I think the HOOD' putting pressure on her .

Once again, where is Sharpton..the usual suspect Jew lawyers that always front and center in these incidents. What dod they know...that we haven't heard or learne yet?

Sharpton and them people are very connected and have a lot ears in the streets. Their constituents must have gave them the heads' up.

Audree

Bush Baby
Carol Gray, the mother of 16-year-old Kimani Gray, tearfully addressed reporters last week following the shooting death of her son at the hands of two NYPD officers. Kimani’s killing is not just a case of police brutality, it is yet another example of the ongoing human rights violations against mostly Black and Latino/a young people in New York and cities across the country. The NYPD officers who shot Gray—Sergeant Mourad Mourad and Officer Jovanile Cordova, two men of color—are perpetrators of this state violence. They have both been involved in a total of five separate cases for civil rights violations, including stop-and-frisks, that the city choose to settle out of court. Their actions have cost the city $215,000 to date.
Kimani was shot at 11 times. Seven bullets tore through his body, including three that hit him in his back. The police claim that they saw him adjusting his waistband, from which he retrieved a gun and then pointed at them. This begs the question of just how he was shot in the back. Although Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, other members of the NYPD top brass and mainstream media outlets want to frame Kimani as a gun-toting member of the Bloods street organization, communities of color all too well know that smearing the victim tactic is an effective tool for desensitizing the public at large and detracting from the fact that a crime was committed by the police.
Last year, the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement released “Every 36 Hours,” a report that documented the extrajudicial killing of 120 Black men and women throughout the United States in the first six months of 2012. The report examines the nationwide phenomenon of this increasing militarized state violence. When the next version is released, Kimani Gray’s name will be added to the list of people killed for seemingly no reason but being Black in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Flatbush, Brooklyn, is a predominately Caribbean community and it is no stranger to police harassment and brutality. As the neighborhood reflects on the loss of another promising young person, Kimani’s principal released a letter that spoke to the bright future he imagined for his student: “We believed in his potential from day one. He traveled for over an hour each day from East Flatbush to Midtown West (in Manhattan). The year and a half we had with Kimani allowed us to get know his best self,” stated Matthew Willoughby of the Urban Assembly School of Design and Construction.

Read more at EBONY Why Did Kimani Gray Have to Die? - News & Views - EBONY
Follow us: @EbonyMag on Twitter | EbonyMag on Facebook

Audree

Bush Baby
Kimani, the witnesses, the hood, the 50's (IS ACTUALLY NOT A GANG),
relatives and friends all on trial, but both ( NOT ONE) yes BOTH officers 'PAST'
violations are not questionable?

wow

Audree

Bush Baby
Sharpton started brown nosing for Obama and got a job with NBC!
just like the 'Hip Hop' community they made it out the "HOOD"

What public/local constituents are actually on ground?
Been on ground, from the beginning and not just when the cameras showed up?

All this attention stems from grass root movements.
Media barely is covering it.

why you waiting for the usual pappy show? This case right here is not the average. these officers belonged behind a desk. how they end up working together is rather frightening

how come law enforcement against police brutality has not stepped out of the shadows? with records like that wouldn't it make sense to address the people? maybe it is simply not important

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
For all those that keep repeatedly posting pieces about Lawsuits & Settlements, it's very moot. The three entities that get sued the most in the Government are Law Enforcement, Healthcare, Social Service. Anyone that feels they were wronged or mistreated are free to sue. Lawyers make a 3rd of whatever monies received. So as far as the lawyers are concerned they will take a case against the government if there is any semblance of chance to win, or drag it out to the point where the city would want to settle.

Settling doesn't admit or indicate wrong doing...it's a cost effective measure. Legal fees are EXPENSIVE, and lawyers don't cut the city nooooooo discounts. They make sure they capitalize on the vast money that the government holds. So, why drag out a legal over 4, 5, 10 yrs and encompass a sh!t laod of legal fees to PROVE you were innocent of any wrong doing? Might as well cut you a few dollars now, and send you on your way.

so, yeh...*smh*

Audree

Bush Baby
:kicks @ settling does not mean anything

Prime candidate for the New York City Lynch Mob

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kZC0j3ypHmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
Kimani, the witnesses, the hood, the 50's (IS ACTUALLY NOT A GANG),
relatives and friends all on trial, but both ( NOT ONE) yes BOTH officers 'PAST'
violations are not questionable?

wow
This Whole incident is questionable for all parties.....

Sharpton started brown nosing for Obama and got a job with NBC!
just like the 'Hip Hop' community they made it out the "HOOD"

What public/local constituents are actually on ground?
Been on ground, from the beginning and not just when the cameras showed up?

All this attention stems from grass root movements.
Media barely is covering it.

why you waiting for the usual pappy show? This case right here is not the average. these officers belonged behind a desk. how they end up working together is rather frightening

how come law enforcement against police brutality has not stepped out of the shadows? with records like that wouldn't it make sense to address the people? maybe it is simply not important

Last year, Ramarley graham was fatally shot by a plainclothes policeman. No different than this situation in essence....the only thing that is different is that in this situation they say he pointed a gun, and recovered one. But in Ramarley Graham's situation, they say he reached for something and the officer shot him. No gun was recovered in that incident. But Sharpton and all the usual Suspects were there. Jateik Reed got his a$$ whooped by cops last year...claimed brutality. Yet, Sharpton and the Usual suspects were absent in that incident. Reed got locked up numerous times before and after the alleged brutality incident.

The fact is Reed & Gray are bad news and are hard to defend because of their destructive past & patterns.

You raise a GREAT Point Audree....where is the 100 black men in Law Enforcement? They usually out there in these kind of alleged wrong doing, brutality towards minorities case. Always calling for a unbiased through investigation. Yet, they are also absent....hmmmmmm, very telling.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
:kicks @ settling does not mean anything

Prime candidate for the New York City Lynch Mob

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kZC0j3ypHmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it doesn't...

This is NYC.

What don't people sue for in NYC.

Sh!t, you know how much Law suit MTA get?

They stay handing out money.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Who got the 'Intel' today, you or the person that gave you the story?

and

Who had the 'Pleasure' of seeing what jumped off?

Cause between the 'Hearsay' and the 'Media', I don't know which is worse. generally speaking
welll i got info directly from the precinct about preparations for unrest that is believed to be in the works based on some intel ... as for the other stuff .. i was told by staff that the family is well known for their dabblings in the environs.. and called to my attention another family member who was a guest at an area hospital after an unfortunate shooting that almost claimed his life.. and i witnessed some of the madness that went down with that individual.. from attempts to finish him off.. from fights which required police presence.. all sorts of crazy stuff. the staff was frightened.. the other patients were frightened.. pandemonium. this foolishness is no joke.. and now its' curfew time over there in that vicinity allegedly .. so things may get very strange soon...

me personally.. there's too much stuff going on with dubious eye witness accounts, public relations sanitizing by the police.. mother saying one thing, other people saying differntly... if i know folk in them neighborhoods who saying differnetly about this boy's character.. should i believe his mother who will want to remember him like her angel.or believe what i see (the video) .. i dunno.. its a bad situation regardless.. them two officers already up shit creek.. so they goin to get it or this.. the folks around that way dont like police so some of them.. they only too happy to get out there and get roused up... just a bad situation all around...

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
and that shantel davis that people keep talkin about.. wasnt she the one who stole a car and had been involved in armed robbery or someting so the week before? wasnt she ordered to stop the vehicle and ran over an officer and was reversing or some madness? :confused death is a sanitizer....