So, no one gonna discuss the Flatbus Mini-Riot?

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
and that shantel davis that people keep talkin about.. wasnt she the one who stole a car and had been involved in armed robbery or someting so the week before? wasnt she ordered to stop the vehicle and ran over an officer and was reversing or some madness? :confused death is a sanitizer....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zuBlEej2Awk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Put doh like hearing the awful truth...she was in a stolen car that was taken in a carjacking. She was speeding through these same residential streets, causing an accident and when police jumped out with guns drawn on her. She still was trying to get away reversing into and knocking down a cop. How many excuses are we gonna make for these individuals who lead their lives on the wrong path, and end up having to pay the consequences for their deeds.

Missmayling, doh kill me...but why does it always seem like Jamaicans are always Front & Center condoning the Bad Deeds of individuals. Then are the FIRST that look for and call Upon retaliation and violence to Police. There's always this..."So, what he sold drugs...So, what he robbed people...So, what he did nothing all day but smoked weed...So what he cuss and disrespect his mother...They shouldn't have locked him up. They shouldn't have put him in jail. They shouldn't have shot him." Normalizing destructive behavior but scoffing at the consequences. I guess this is ideologies that are carried to the states from life in Jamaica. You see it with the Ramarley Graham situation...he selling weed, robbing people....his Twin brothers Kadean & Hodean Graham are doing a one and half to four years sentence right now. They were convicted on selling guns & drugs and were members of a Harlem Gang. It's like all these incidents have common themes....Drugs, Guns, Robberies, Gangs. Ramarley was 18 and selling drugs, Kimani was 16 and infatuated with gang life. It's not unbelievable to imagine that by 18, Kimani would have been selling drugs too. Probably would have end up having the same demise, but probably by the hand of one of his peers.

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers

This Whole incident is questionable for all parties.....

Last year, Ramarley graham was fatally shot by a plainclothes policeman. No different than this situation in essence....the only thing that is different is that in this situation they say he pointed a gun, and recovered one. But in Ramarley Graham's situation, they say he reached for something and the officer shot him. No gun was recovered in that incident. But Sharpton and all the usual Suspects were there. Jateik Reed got his a$$ whooped by cops last year...claimed brutality. Yet, Sharpton and the Usual suspects were absent in that incident. Reed got locked up numerous times before and after the alleged brutality incident.

The fact is Reed & Gray are bad news and are hard to defend because of their destructive past & patterns.

You raise a GREAT Point Audree....where is the 100 black men in Law Enforcement? They usually out there in these kind of alleged wrong doing, brutality towards minorities case. Always calling for a unbiased through investigation. Yet, they are also absent....hmmmmmm, very telling.
Remember how the Tawana Brawley thing turned out...
i think Sharpton is absent because "one bitten, twice shy"
is like he chosing his battles carefully...

But regardless if sharpton or 100 black man have doubts on the boys innocense, i think they should have a presence in this to quel the tensions in the community.. prevent more tearing up of stores or other shit like that...
and make sure energy is focused where it need to be focused, and that is making the police prove whether or not this was a good shoot, and if it was not they should be held accountable.. Its kinda dissapointing seeing them only jumping into battles where they think they can win... Even if the immediate parties are looking like they in the wrong, if you care about the black community, you should see to it that they dont do stuff to further hurt themselves.. cause its gonna have a ripple affect

sankofaa

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zuBlEej2Awk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Put doh like hearing the awful truth...she was in a stolen car that was taken in a carjacking. She was speeding through these same residential streets, causing an accident and when police jumped out with guns drawn on her. She still was trying to get away reversing into and knocking down a cop. How many excuses are we gonna make for these individuals who lead their lives on the wrong path, and end up having to pay the consequences for their deeds.

Missmayling, doh kill me...but why does it always seem like Jamaicans are always Front & Center condoning the Bad Deeds of individuals. Then are the FIRST that look for and call Upon retaliation and violence to Police. There's always this..."So, what he sold drugs...So, what he robbed people...So, what he did nothing all day but smoked weed...So what he cuss and disrespect his mother...They shouldn't have locked him up. They shouldn't have put him in jail. They shouldn't have shot him." Normalizing destructive behavior but scoffing at the consequences. I guess this is ideologies that are carried to the states from life in Jamaica. You see it with the Ramarley Graham situation...he selling weed, robbing people....his Twin brothers Kadean & Hodean Graham are doing a one and half to four years sentence right now. They were convicted on selling guns & drugs and were members of a Harlem Gang. It's like all these incidents have common themes....Drugs, Guns, Robberies, Gangs. Ramarley was 18 and selling drugs, Kimani was 16 and infatuated with gang life. It's not unbelievable to imagine that by 18, Kimani would have been selling drugs too. Probably would have end up having the same demise, but probably by the hand of one of his peers.

Until other races who run around that city selling and using illegal drugs openly, fight in public, and engage in all the destructive behavior that this kid did receive the same retribution you have no argument. It's a question of whether or not the police officers lives where threatened, if they weren't then the civil rights of this community have been violated AGAIN. The kid wasn't a murder suspect, robbery suspect etc at that time and they were unjustified in killing him.

Did he have gang ties? Probably so. I did when I lived in a gang infested community. He's no different then countless young people that are into that foolishness, yet they chase girls and act stupid like other kids their age. Use that kind of force against criminals who warrant it and there is no outcry.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i dunno yes.. this gang business seems so far removed from my reality its like.. wow....

i guess in my mind. once you get involved in certain things, certain ends are part and parcel of the business to me.. you sell drugs, there's a chance you could get merked by your competitors, your customers or the police OR get locked up.... you commit crimes, you can get merked by a victim, the police, you could get locked up etc... you in the gang life, you can get dusted by the rival gang, your own gang members if they wanna advance, the police if something goes down... those things never go away.. life is not a movie.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer

But regardless if sharpton or 100 black man have doubts on the boys innocense, i think they should have a presence in this to quel the tensions in the community.. prevent more tearing up of stores or other shit like that...
and make sure energy is focused where it need to be focused, and that is making the police prove whether or not this was a good shoot, and if it was not they should be held accountable.. Its kinda dissapointing seeing them only jumping into battles where they think they can win... Even if the immediate parties are looking like they in the wrong, if you care about the black community, you should see to it that they dont do stuff to further hurt themselves.. cause its gonna have a ripple affect

I hear you HB...and agree.

Oneshot

where de crix

HB, big post boss.. it seems like Sharpton just around to profit.

Ushawishi

Until other races who run around that city selling and using illegal drugs openly, fight in public, and engage in all the destructive behavior that this kid did receive the same retribution you have no argument. It's a question of whether or not the police officers lives where threatened, if they weren't then the civil rights of this community have been violated AGAIN. The kid wasn't a murder suspect, robbery suspect etc at that time and they were unjustified in killing him.

Did he have gang ties? Probably so. I did when I lived in a gang infested community. He's no different then countless young people that are into that foolishness, yet they chase girls and act stupid like other kids their age. Use that kind of force against criminals who warrant it and there is no outcry.
nice...

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
HB, big post boss.. it seems like Sharpton just around to profit.
i think its more about higher political aspirations..
If they come in on some "simmer down and lets put pressure on the authorities to prove their case rather than let emotions get ahead of you" then they will seem like they are on the side of the police and will lose that constituency...

On the onter hand, if they come in on some "lets force the police hand in trying to prove their case" when it seems like the kid did have a gun and was in a gang, they will look like they are not on the side of law and will look like rable rowsers in the eyes of city govt.. and will lose political backing.. its like a lose lose for them so they playing it safe

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
so his age is the deciding factor.. so if he was 36 then there would be less of an outcry?.. hmm the logic i'm hearing on this case is nothing short of amazing.. so how do these folks get the gangs out of their communities? do they bother to try or is it just taken for granted that all the youths, or many of them will just get swallowed up by the gang... what is it really..

as ive never been one to be influenced by peer pressure.. it got me thinking as to why some people are susceptible to joining gangs..

Possible Traits of Gang Members
1.Looking for a surrogate family. Young people join gangs to receive the attention, affirmation, and protection they may feel they are lacking at home.

2.Breakdown of traditional family units. Many youngsters do not have a positive adult role model. Many see domestic violence and alcohol and other drug use in the home. Lack of parental involvement and the absence of rules and family rituals allow older gang members to be viewed as authority figures by young teens and children.

3.Identity or recognition problems. Because of low self-worth and self-esteem, some youth join gangs seeking the status they lack due to unemployment or academic failure at school. If young people do not see themselves as intelligent, leaders, or star athletes, they join other groups where they feel they can excel.

4.Gang family history. Many street gang members carry on a family tradition established by siblings, parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, or cousins who they see as role models.

5.Lack of alternatives. Few job opportunities, no positive recreational choices, or lack of effective responses to peer pressure can create a climate favouring gang membership.

6.Few recreational opportunities. Many teens and youngsters do not have any interests outside of school. Joining a gang provides friends with whom they can share their free time.

7.Need for money. The monetary allure of gang membership is difficult to counteract. Gang members share profits from drug trafficking and other illegal activities. To a teen, money translates into social status.

8.Poverty. Many people are without jobs or a source of income. Becoming a gang member can provide a teen with an opportunity to make large amounts money quickly, because many gangs are involved in the illegal sale of drugs and firearms.

9.Lack of educational opportunities. Many kids feel that time spent in school is wasted. Joining a gang becomes an alternative to studying or attending school.

10.Use of intimidation and violence. To coerce others to join their gang, members may recruit through scare tactics. People are then forced into membership to protect themselves or their families from the local gang or the local gang's rivals.

11.Need for survival. Gang membership could also be viewed as a safe haven to a child living in a gang-infested community.
i struck out on all the possible reasons as to why i would join a gang.. none of those apply.. but for those of you who did grow up in that environment with the bangers... did you join and if so, why not?

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
who's tawana brawly.. jus summarize the facts please.. i aint interested enough to click a link..
if i remember correctly.. was a young girl that said she was raped by police... there were big protests led by Sharpton.. the accused assailants were cleared of all charges and the grand jury said it was a hoax...

In 1987, black teenager Tawana Brawley claimed that six white law enforcement officers abducted and raped her. Those claims and others that her attackers had scrawled racial insults on her body and smeared her with feces were declared a hoax by a grand jury that also exonerated the man at the center of the accusations, then-assistant district attorney Steven Pagones.

Pagones was named as one of the attackers by Miss Brawley's advisers: Maddox, the Rev. Al Sharpton and lawyer C. Vernon Mason. While Miss Brawley refused to speak with authorities or the media, her advisers were soon making wild claims. Jury selection was supposed to have started for the Pagones� defamation lawsuit, seeking more than $150 million from Miss Brawley�s three advisers when Maddox accused then-state Attorney General Robert Abrams of masturbating over photos of Miss Brawley. Sharpton compared Abrams, a Jew, to Adolf Hitler. All three linked then-Gov. Mario Cuomo to organized crime and the Ku Klux Klan.

But the grand jury within a year announced the story was a hoax and specifically cleared a Fishkill police officer and Pagones.

Ushawishi

cut the bullshit and get to the point

if you and your lil churchboy frens on the corner and shit is poppin out there

one of you got it or you got it

strange slowing car rolls up

WHAT DO YOU DO?
I doh get de question ... i naturally alert of my surroundings regardless where I am at...

now regarding de kid dat get shot... it would have played out differently with us...we would run some kinda interference so pardna would get away...I from poor caribbean different breed black man personally i fink we wiser dan dem yankees afterall we had to deal wif our own our whole life.

kids dese days are so misguided ... i try to help dem out tho de best I can... for dere is no knowedge dat is not power.

fing is as a police officer you are sworn to protect and serve but your own life should be forfeit... dunno much officers who will willingly die in line of duty dey prefer kill.

I would have preferred hearing at least one of the officers in dis case got at least one injury... not even major like a bullet to de head...

Ushawishi

i dunno yes.. this gang business seems so far removed from my reality its like.. wow....

i guess in my mind. once you get involved in certain things, certain ends are part and parcel of the business to me.. you sell drugs, there's a chance you could get merked by your competitors, your customers or the police OR get locked up.... you commit crimes, you can get merked by a victim, the police, you could get locked up etc... you in the gang life, you can get dusted by the rival gang, your own gang members if they wanna advance, the police if something goes down... those things never go away.. life is not a movie.
and how you come about your knowledge of gang relations?

eva fuk a gangsta?

song is me and my girlfriend Tupac
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wdu9qt6XuPA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
We can admit that there is a strong contingent of people in the world that hate, dislike, or have disdain for Cops. You think when these officers are patrolling, they don't have that over their head. That if they reach their hands out to people, most often they will get spit in their hand than humble person in need. As, many of said in this thread, you can't talk to yutes and many adults. Many have to FEEL, in order to HEAR. Its sad and very unfortunate that things have to go to that extent to function.

Ushawishi

We can admit that there is a strong contingent of people in the world that hate, dislike, or have disdain for Cops. You think when these officers are patrolling, they don't have that over their head. That if they reach their hands out to people, most often they will get spit in their hand than humble person in need. As, many of said in this thread, you can't talk to yutes and many adults. Many have to FEEL, in order to HEAR. Its sad and very unfortunate that things have to go to that extent to function.
It is dere job and responsibility to bear dis hate like and disdain ... get spat on and should never ever ever be de opposite... dey should quit instead of killing de people dey got to serve and protect...

I know cops very good cops who fighting against de gang(police) but they are few very very few...

on de most cases i dont see much involvement de police gang has in dese communities other dan shock and awe...

I would appreciate a thread of police organized community events...i would share dem happily. I doh taking about turn in your gun amnesty bullchit either ... I taking about free events where de people of communities are welcome to eat drink dance and interact with de police policing dem.

give de youths life and dey will embrace it in most cases.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
how i come about my knowledge of gang relations? observation, speaking to people who deal with hospitalizd gang members and have to be aware of the differences, slang etc so that they don't antagonize, Department of Justice.. police information, people who are familiar with gangbangers.. take your pick... i personally have little to no interest in divergent lifestyle.. and no never messed with a gangster.. if you really about that illegal tip i'm not walkign too much in your shadow ..

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
It is dere job and responsibility to bear dis hate like and disdain ... get spat on and should never ever ever be de opposite... dey should quit instead of killing de people dey got to serve and protect...

I know cops very good cops who fighting against de gang(police) but they are few very very few...

on de most cases i dont see much involvement de police gang has in dese communities other dan shock and awe...

I would appreciate a thread of police organized community events...i would share dem happily. I doh taking about turn in your gun amnesty bullchit either ... I taking about free events where de people of communities are welcome to eat drink dance and interact with de police policing dem.

give de youths life and dey will embrace it in most cases.

You never heard of P.A.L??? You never heard of the explorers program, or the cadet program?

Ushawishi

You never heard of P.A.L??? You never heard of the explorers program, or the cadet program?
no dem have music dance laughter and love? I do hope you make dis thread today ... not expecting much more snow days...other event section so it doh get buried just in case.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8GUftW2uvB0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

we have a alternative to death...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1PMP50b8Ouw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>