So, no one gonna discuss the Flatbus Mini-Riot?

Oneshot

where de crix
You never heard of P.A.L??? You never heard of the explorers program, or the cadet program?
more excuses again.

boys and girls clubs, church organisations etc.

as for laying your life. Ushawishi are you being serious? What world do you live in, nuff cops get killed in the line of duty, but i guess you figure the cop has no duty to protect his life either?

Mayak

Imix Bad Man
BRONX SUPREME CRIMINAL COURT— Standing outside the courthouse where a NYPD officer faced a hearing over manslaughter charges, the father of Ramarley Graham Tuesday compared the shooting death of his unarmed son in a Bronx home to the recent police shooting of Kimani Gray.
"We are fighting to have this type of police killing stop," said Franclot Graham, whose son was fatally shot by a police officer in February 2012, at a court hearing.
A Bronx Supreme Criminal Court judge said Tuesday he would rule May 7 on motions by defense lawyers for NYPD Officer Richard Haste to dismiss the grand jury indictment on two counts of manslaughter and to suppress a statement that Haste made while in police custody.
As about 75 protesters stood outside the courthouse chanting and holding signs, PBA President Pat Lynch said he looked forward to having the case decided based on "facts and not emotions on the street."
The grand jury minutes are voluminous and measure about the width of two telephone books, according to prosecutors who described the motions as routine.
Lynch said Haste was justified in the shooting of Graham because the officer, now on administrative leave, believed his life was in danger when he thought Graham had a weapon.
Police recovered no weapon.
"The officer's state of mind revealed he believed he was in serious physical danger," said Haste lawyer Stuart London.

Read more: Ramarley Graham's Dad Compares Son's Death to Kimani Gray Shooting - DNAinfo.com New York

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer

Throughout a monthlong trial of two young men on gun-related charges this summer, the presiding judge promised to punish anyone who mentioned the name of the defendants’ late half brother.

The deceased brother, Ramarley Graham, became a focal point of controversy over police tactics after he was fatally shot by officers in his apartment in February. The judge stressed to the lawyers in the case that Ramarley Graham’s death was unrelated to the charges against Hodean and Kadean Graham, who are identical twins.

But at their sentencing on Wednesday in State Supreme Court in Manhattan, it was the judge himself who not only mentioned Ramarley Graham, but also drew a connection between his death and the crimes committed by the twins.

Justice Edward J. McLaughlin said there was a “sickening irony” in the fact that the culture of gun violence in which the twins had partaken would be the backdrop in assessing whether the police officer who shot their unarmed half brother was justified in the shooting because he feared for his life.

“No one, of course, is accusing either of you of holding the gun which killed your brother,” Justice McLaughlin said. “But the acts of your conspiracy, spanning four years, including many shootings and ending just months before his death, is an unavoidable and integral part of the context in which that tragic event occurred and likely will be judged.”

Justice McLaughlin sentenced the brothers, who are 19, to the maximum term allowed: 11/3 to 4 years in prison. In June, a jury found them guilty of conspiracy but acquitted them of several other weapons charges. Hodean Graham was also acquitted of attempted murder.

As their trial came to an end, Police Officer Richard Haste was charged in the Bronx with manslaughter in the death of Ramarley Graham, who was 18. Police officers investigating drug deals in the neighborhood had followed Mr. Graham to his apartment and broken down the door; Officer Haste shot Mr. Graham because he wrongly believed he had a gun, his lawyer has said.

Another brother, Tyrone Graham, is in jail on Rikers Island awaiting trial on a charge of attempted murder, as well as conspiracy and weapon possession charges.

Andrew Searle, one of the assistant district attorneys who prosecuted the case, said the twins belonged to a gang known as the Goodfellas that created “extreme danger” on their block by acquiring and using guns to settle disputes with rival gangs. Fifteen firearms, including a TEC-9 semiautomatic pistol, were recovered in the investigation.

In December 2009, the twins were arrested as part of an investigation into a PCP ring operating out of a building in Harlem. Frank Rothman, the lawyer representing Hodean Graham, conceded during the trial that his client had acquired a gun to protect himself while he was involved in the PCP operation.

The twins’ lawyers and their family members, about a dozen of whom were in court for the sentencing, have said the pair have cleaned up their acts, graduating from high school and enrolling in a community college upstate.

Justice McLaughlin, who has presided over many gun violence cases, said nothing he or anyone else has done has “diminished the gun violence that abounds in this city.” Since he spoke strongly about gun violence from the bench of another gang trial last November, he said, 112 other people have been shot in Harlem, 18 of them fatally.

“Something different and more pointed needs to be injected now into the effort to present effectively the anti-gun lesson to the young people throughout this city,” he said.

I didn't know Ramarley had a third criminal brother....Franclot(the father) must be an O.G. in the streets.

Ushawishi

more excuses again.

boys and girls clubs, church organisations etc.

as for laying your life. Ushawishi are you being serious? What world do you live in, nuff cops get killed in the line of duty, but i guess you figure the cop has no duty to protect his life either?
de world I live in I will not get shot in de back running away if I have a gun on me...

I living in de new world of de 6th cycle same as you, de period of new upheavals and spiritual renewal in humans.

i was dead serious.. is us dat keep accepting less from police as a community...you doh agree talking doh do chit?

dunno which part of what I say imply dat dey have no duty to protect dere life...i would say its on your part you got dis and not from me... but just in case de life of dose dey are sworn to is above all even deres.I know a few who live by dat but as with any gang enforcers are given certain missions.sadly.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/acx0gwjdgmU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oneshot

where de crix
de world I live in I will not get shot in de back running away if I have a gun on me...

I living in de new world of de 6th cycle same as you, de period of new upheavals and spiritual renewal in humans.

i was dead serious.. is us dat keep accepting less from police as a community...you doh agree talking doh do chit?
i saying we cannot get vex if a dog piss on the carpet, if we shitting in our kitchen

Ushawishi

i saying we cannot get vex if a dog piss on the carpet, if we shitting in our kitchen
where I come from dog doesnt be in house ... doh matter how sal it be... and if it fuk up to bad tie a block on it waist and frow it off a cliff in de sea.

a dog would be mad to come in de house it set up to guard... you have to train your dog to protect you.

man does keep it real ignorant when de time calls for it...typical Dominican.

depi on chien ka morday met li ..tchue'y.

big up king.get where you coming from.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2JYKX4mPgig?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Audree

Bush Baby
Kimani Gray, East Flatbush, and Joshua Whalen: Why am I doing this?

There’s a thread (actually, several) on Facebook, the past week. It’s taking several forms, depending on whose talking on whose timeline, but it comes down to a few things:

What business do you Occupiers have being here? Why do you care? What business is it of yours? It’s not just some of the good folks from East Flatbush asking these questions, because quite a few are asking us to be there. It’s not just the Occupiers who aren’t there, or the “Kimani had a gun and got what he deserved” crowd, either. It’s a few folks from each of these crowds that are saying it. It’s so much who is and who isn’t there that speaks volumes; truthfully, only a dozen or so of us “Outside agitators” have been going. A lot of them are there because of my endless screeds to be there. Others have their own screeds, others just see it as newsworthy and in need of documentation.

OccupyYourBrain - Kimani Gray, East Flatbush, and Joshua Whalen: Why am I doing this?

Ushawishi

Imposter I suggest more music less crime... I always ask dose who have de insight to share what dey do personally to help de youths instead of condemning dem... anyway seem insidious doh put up de fread where de police and de professionals of gang behavior doing community gatherings .. if you can help him out plz becuz we will glady share it to dem since i am ok in being on de ground interacting and not scared of guns saggy pants cuss words gold teeth etc... ask your informants wat do dey do to give back and de community building events dey initiate, and you have warriors like InI who will share since all you scared and prefer genocide.

do you ovastand de pschology and sociology of a simple solution as more music less crime...

Macka B - Postcode war
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jyrj6E_ZJHE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
A variety of media reports have blamed outside agitators for stirring up the community’s emotions. While there were a variety of non-locals at the scene of the vigil even when The Observer visited it, at 4 p.m. on Thursday, it was clear that the community’s emotions were real.

“You can’t just take a life!” said the proprietor of an event hall called Extreme Elegance, who declined to give his full name, as we walked with him back down Church Avenue.

“Right now, if I have a problem with you, I wouldn’t call the police,” he continued. “People come inside here and rob me, and I would never call the police. Never!”

“Eleven shots!” chimed in Kevon Julian.

“He got hit seven times, but they shot at him 11. These kids, they’re terrible. But they get older. To me, they targeted him. Out of the crowd, they see him. They know what he’s about, and they said he had something, but he really didn’t have anything that day.”

A group of young teens stood staring at the posters around the neighborhood, which held grieving testimonials to Mr. Gray’s short life, until one said, “I’m out, son. I can’t see this kid anymore,” while two reporters shoved mics into another young resident’s face and grilled him about Mr. Gray.

“He used to do a lot of bad stuff,” the subject said.

“Were you afraid of him?” one of the reporters asked.

“No.”

Community organizer Shamar Thomas, who rose to YouTube fame with his video “1 Marine vs. 30 Cops,” in which he beseeches police officers to stop physically harming members of the Occupy movement, implored others to be constructive.

“We have to channel the anger,” the Brooklyn resident said. “Everyone is out here egging it on. But going to jail, messing with the cops that are right here. These ain’t the killer cops. We yelling at the regular mother################ers that are on the street. Organizing is our only weapon. Unity is our threat.”

And then, on cue, Mr. Thomas broke away to calm down a middle-aged man who was not a local and was getting himself very riled up.

In East Flatbush, Remembering

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
A mock-up of a "Wanted'' poster placed on Instagram sickeningly calls for the murders of the two NYPD cops who shot and killed Brooklyn teen Kimani Gray.

The posting on the online photo-sharing Web site features pictures of Sgt. Mourad Mourad and Officer Jovaniel Cordova above the caption, "50z want these pigs heads."

A source said that the "50z" is a gang subset.

Using the handle "safjcrossfit," the poster encourages the cops' would-be killers to "empty the clip on umm."

Worried about the officers' safety, the NYPD has provided both men with police radios for them to take home, in case they encounter any trouble, sources said.

The department also has beefed up patrols in the two cops' neighborhoods, sources said.

Police sources said investigators are working to identify the person who designed and put up the image and are tracking its circulation.

Cordova and Mourad have been assigned to desk duty while the shooting is investigated.

Gray was shot seven times - including three times in the back - on the night of March 9 after the plainclothes officers said he pointed a gun at them when they instructed him to freeze during a street stop.

The deadly confrontation sparked days of violent unrest in the East Flatbush neighborhood where it occurred.

Protesters clashed with cops, pelting them with rocks and bottles, and trashed neighborhood stores as they decried Gray's killing.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly has called the killing a justified shooting and said Gray's .38-caliber pistol was recovered at the scene.

Portrayals of the teen have ranged from promising schoolboy to trouble-making gangbanger.

Gray has been praised as a dedicated student by an administrator at his Manhattan high school.

"We believed in his potential from the day he entered our school," Principal Matt Willoughby wrote in a letter to parents at the school.

But cops say Gray, known as "Kiki,'' was a Bloods gang member and had a criminal record that included raps for grand larceny and inciting a riot.

The Brooklyn teen and his friends were out that night to commit a robbery, law-enforcement sources have said.

Online videos and pictures have surfaced in which the teen pronounces his allegiance to the crew by making gang signs with his hands.

Relatives maintain that Gray lived a dual life where he walked the gangster strut with friends but inwardly longed to escape his violence-plagued neighborhood and hoped to become an accountant.

Mourad has seen three civil-rights complaints filed against him during his time on the force, while Cordova has been hit with two complaints.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
this speaks volumes...

“He got hit seven times, but they shot at him 11. These kids, they’re terrible. But they get older. To me, they targeted him. Out of the crowd, they see him. They know what he’s about, and they said he had something, but he really didn’t have anything that day.”
I mean.. this sounds like you know what.. these kids they terrorize the neighborhood but it's okay maybe they'll grow out of it... the usual suspects are known to the police and yea while they do bang and carry shit.. he didn't have nothing on him THAT DAY.. maybe another day yea but not that day..

like really?? that's a serious disconnect from reality to me.. it's like parents who see their lil kids cursing and acting the fool and think its cute but when they get older and wanna curse them same parents out, the parents crying long tears .. smh..

and like i said.. there's a lot of people out there who are just using this as a means to pursue their anti-police agenda... and it really does beg the question.. where's Al Sharpton?? and more importantly, why isnt he up front and center with this case??

Audree

Bush Baby
They are really referring to occupy Wall Street and various organizations that came through.
They trying to take the light off the matter
The police did not let the ambulance in.
He was out there for over 20 minutes crying.
Calling out to his friends. The entire neighborhood
Witnessed the after math.
That of course would be traumatizing.
How they expect people to swallow their anger?
I not condoning violence, but people have the right to be emotional.
Peoe suppose to be able to speak, y'all am protest.
NYPD always screw up, but this one???
They ready to make an example out of us.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
They are really referring to occupy Wall Street and various organizations that came through.
They trying to take the light off the matter
The police did not let the ambulance in.
He was out there for over 20 minutes crying.
Calling out to his friends. The entire neighborhood
Witnessed the after math.
That of course would be traumatizing.
How they expect people to swallow their anger?
I not condoning violence, but people have the right to be emotional.
Peoe suppose to be able to speak, y'all am protest.
NYPD always screw up, but this one???
They ready to make an example out of us.

if that's even true...u think it would take ten days for that to surface? The MEDIA would have been all over that tidbit...:nea:

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
these people on IG are wild as fizzck.. all sorts of protest action..

why are they showing all his pics from grade school?? is that to lend more innocence to the victim?

Audree

Bush Baby
LR your really sickening with it.

As difficult as it is to read Insid and his shhh
I know he can relate to things.

You on the other hand just entirely wishy washy
It's like nobody knows which side of the tracks your from.
But you got all the 411.
One minute you gaza next minute you gully.
Your confusing. Especially when you try to come off like your understanding.

Stop beating down that dead boy.
What helll you doing on IG?? Children are on that.
You following kids typing shhhh

Gosh

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Whoa.. back that up.. i'm not gaza or gully or any of that... .. I'm going to call it how "I" see it just the way you going to call it how YOU see it.. aight. get that. I can understand people protesting that a YOUNG LIFE is lost.. however, i'm not sure i'm totally understanding of this portrayal of this boy as the paragon of virtue and innocence.. let that be quite clear.. so i'm not "wishy washy" as you claim.. I don't really condone fockery like the protesters attacking people's businesses etc, because that's the same community that you have to live in, those businesses are serving YOUR needs (and you as in the people destroying property)... and attacking the police is going to bring on a full scale riot and then more people will get hurt and things will escalate so that makes no sense to me either... so please.. if you don't find that my levels of outrage match your clearly militant stance on the issue, then you're right.. they dont.. The information i relayed is what i got from the relevant parties... When i pass on that stretch in the afternoon I see the police lined up like it's back in the SOuth during the segregation era, I see the tension, I go to my home to avoid being in the middle of that.. there's no mystery there.. I'm not going to be in the midst of that tension especially with all this protest-leads-to-confrontation stuff. that's not going to happen.. I don't get swept up in movements on raw emotion .. omg an innocent child got murdered!.... especially when there are just TOO many variables in this case.. while it is sad that a teenager lost his life so early in the game... i'm not going to sit there shouting "fck the police!!!" the "pigs" are this that and the other ...the officers who are involved clearly may have an agenda and they should be dealt with aand locked away forever if that is the case..

.. as for that IG crack.. Facebook is/was for college kids and we all know that aint whats on there now.. so as for IG being for kids, w/e man that's neither here nor there.. .... you seem to forget that i work in this area and see a lot of stuff that really makes little to no sense to me... when I see the GSW victims that come in on a daily basis where are you?