So, no one gonna discuss the Flatbus Mini-Riot?

TOLOMB

Red Man
I don't take it personal Audree, but honestly if someone who is apart of the criminal lifestyle and gets dealt with accordingly, why try to negate their history or even give the elements of hope and change a voice for them? The dude Kamani would of Robed or Murdered someone eventually if he already hasn't, so good riddance and keep it moving.

Sometimes you have to give up on people, not because you don't care but because they don't!

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Because negating their history puts the blame squarely on the police... it doesnt matter what they were doing.. just blame the police.. That shantel davis chick, was involved in all sorts of madness.. i mean at the scene she knocked down an officer and was driving towards others but yet, the cops were wrong .... i wonder if somebody is about to injure/harm a child and the police gun dem down.. will the crowd protest that? Now while i fully agree that there are some police out there who really have no love for the black or latino community... there are more than enough folks in those communities who share a mutual dislike for the police... so that's an all around hostile situation...

let's be real here.. people need to police their own communities but we all know that isnt happening because no matter what is going down.. people gonna turn a blind eye or spout some dumb rhetoric about "snitches get stitches".. well.. its a situation like a woman in a house with a wife beater... if she dont get control of that situation, call the cops, call her brothers, father etc... then she's going to get some good beatings.. her silence about the situation allows it to keep happening.. so when people try to help, and she says nothing happened.. guess what.. after a while people stop caring and just chalk her up as "a woman who love licks".. and no matter how much people hear her bawling when she getting her nightly dose of blows.. fewer and fewer folks will come to her aid because they have learned that she wont help to get herself out the situation.. and think to themselves.. eventually she will get killed.. and one day.. she does indeed get killed.. do you think that most people will be like omgggggggggg she's dead.. a beautiful young girl.. no .. most folks will be like she didnt want to help herself get otu that situation even though others tried, so she chose her own end...

Audree

Bush Baby
At least wait until reports come back and states
His print were actually on a gun.

Until then ease off on the redicule

For God Sake he was killed by two already supposed criminals.
If no one had any faith in him at least his Principal did.
And her letter speaks volumes and paints a whole other picture
Of the story that will be unfolding.
The NYPD messed up Big Time.
They tried to clean up their mess for at least 20 minutes.

Pardon me for even responding LR rhetoric.
I just using the usual: one thing doesn't have to do with the other.

It's no reason here just downgrading.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
me audree.. that boy is gone.. there are others that are here still .. what will be done about them.. that's the issue at hand.. how to make these communities safe.. the end.

Ras_Apache

you trying to fuk ladyrasta? she put up some very beautiful pics...all you full of chit.
Nah, im not trying to fuk her. In this case i agree with her. However, if she offered me some pum pum i'd take her up on her offer. I actually have never seen her pics but i hear she nice.

Audree

Bush Baby
me audree.. that boy is gone.. there are others that are here still .. what will be done about them.. that's the issue at hand.. how to make these communities safe.. the end.
Well now your talking. Stay Tuned.
I would love to hear your views in what
We can do. Unless it don't have nothing to do with
You or your just speaking in general?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Audree.. my views have always been the same... they dont change..people don't care about things in which they feel they have no stake... You have to take charge of your communities, and really pay attention to what is goign on.... if you have to report gang activity when it happens then that's what you have to do.. if you allow the gang to come into your community and set up shop and you hold fast to the belief that "snitches get stitches".. then you have basically opened the door to your hood and told the gang.. i'll be in teh back room.. and dont see them selling drugs in your living room... thats what it comes down to... people can say lots of things but white people police and patrol their neighborhoods to the point of nauseum sometimes.. they look at everybody who comes and goes, they call the cops for "suspicious" activity, they take pride in the way the neighborhood looks.. the schools in the area, the neighborhood watch, the neighborhood association etc.... sometimes people have to take a stand.. nobody saying to go out there and oppose the gang but sometimes parents have to try to keep their kids engaged so that they dont have any time for the gang or any need for it..... but then again, that's hard to say when people working 2 or 3 jobs just to make ends meet.. especially single parents...there is a lot that can be done.. but the question will always be.. will people implement the changes or will they be seen as measures to "clamp down" on them.. a lot of this stuff can start right there in teh home.. and that right there lies the crux of the matter.. how can you tell a single parent with an absentee father.. how she could raise her sons to keep them out the streets when she stay working to afford to pay the bills and keep a roof over their head... too much variables in these situations....

Ushawishi

Nah, im not trying to fuk her. In this case i agree with her. However, if she offered me some pum pum i'd take her up on her offer. I actually have never seen her pics but i hear she nice.
ou ja konnet...

ok now I have to ask how does one feel threatened by someone running away?

Do you know personally any officers that fink dis was a just killing in line of duty?

do you fink people would be in so much uproar and unrest if it was a hard back man dat got shot?

you never know some bad ass kids dat turned out ok? sorry to hear dat de majority dat I know are helping out big time you just would never know dats who dey were. including myself. I grew up as a poor black man in de system so my viewpoints are different.

Wasn't abit suprised dat de officers got civil rights charges against dem because as wif any gang enforcers get assigned certain missions...

If you all were advocating for more options for de youths dan death at least dat would be realistic... de chick raise up isolated I can expect nonsense from her becuz she dunno otherwise ... I would have expected you to know de majority of bad youths you know do ok later on... or are you subscribing to de BS dat de majority of black men go to jail?

Perfect people...up until now I fawt it was illegal to shoot somebody in de back.

Ushawishi

what the arse?? jusso? how did this convo become about me.. smh Ushawishi you on bullshit.. seriously.
I always find perfect people fascinating... sorry you are just a victim doh take it personal ... plus you post a beautiful pic once.An Apache is a normal male like myself kinna from de old school from de convos we have had on here...

doh dig we cool.

why you like to act like you doh like de attn... stop dat.

Audree

Bush Baby
I'm talking bout off/outside of Imix.
Your views but only so far on here.
Your perspective is very much need
In the community that you are apart of.

sankofaa

Let's wrap this up. Sounds like we've come to the conclusion that you're experiences will shape the way you view this regardless of the facts. Either you subscribe to :he was trouble, hes better off dead, look at the evidence in this youtube video or: the police are racist they killed him for no reason like they always do we aint havin it. End of story.

Mrs. Skilz™

Audree.. my views have always been the same... they dont change..people don't care about things in which they feel they have no stake... You have to take charge of your communities, and really pay attention to what is goign on.... if you have to report gang activity when it happens then that's what you have to do.. if you allow the gang to come into your community and set up shop and you hold fast to the belief that "snitches get stitches".. then you have basically opened the door to your hood and told the gang.. i'll be in teh back room.. and dont see them selling drugs in your living room... thats what it comes down to... people can say lots of things but white people police and patrol their neighborhoods to the point of nauseum sometimes.. they look at everybody who comes and goes, they call the cops for "suspicious" activity, they take pride in the way the neighborhood looks.. the schools in the area, the neighborhood watch, the neighborhood association etc.... sometimes people have to take a stand.. nobody saying to go out there and oppose the gang but sometimes parents have to try to keep their kids engaged so that they dont have any time for the gang or any need for it..... but then again, that's hard to say when people working 2 or 3 jobs just to make ends meet.. especially single parents...there is a lot that can be done.. but the question will always be.. will people implement the changes or will they be seen as measures to "clamp down" on them.. a lot of this stuff can start right there in teh home.. and that right there lies the crux of the matter.. how can you tell a single parent with an absentee father.. how she could raise her sons to keep them out the streets when she stay working to afford to pay the bills and keep a roof over their head... too much variables in these situations....
the old folks in my moms hood stay calling the police if they see an abandoned car - call police - if ya music to loud - call police - if you rumaging through garbage - call police ... thats what u gotta do keep your eyes and ears open and complain - complain to your reps (they were known for that) pressure them ... sorry the young man lost his life but based on what is being presented by the media ... you live by the gun it might very well be that same gun u die by ... no loss there ... #datisall

Audree

Bush Baby
Let's wrap this up. Sounds like we've come to the conclusion that you're experiences will shape the way you view this regardless of the facts. Either you subscribe to :he was trouble, hes better off dead, look at the evidence in this youtube video or: the police are racist they killed him for no reason like they always do we aint havin it. End of story.
Pretty much, eat what the media feeds you.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
outside of imix? well to be honest, i try to avoid places, people and things that will lead me to have any contact with jails, courthouses, police precincts.. etc... I really do try to keep it kosher and avoid fraternizing with people who proudly get involved with illicit activities.... I choose the places where I go... the people that i fraternize with (because we all know how friend does carry yuh and doh bring you back)... you wont catch me putting up pics of weed or guns or anythign like that.. i don't glorify certain things...

I'm observant and the things i see people doing and saying makes me wonder about a lot of folks... a lot of people to me are lost.. they dont know who they are and they search all over the place to try to find it... if i see my friend doing something shady or shitty, like bout to get in a fight or wrangling with their babymother/baby father.. i ask them what's the end point.. what do you hope to achieve? and then show then the other wayt hat things can go.. so that they are aware of the repercussions of their actions... I absolutely hate to hear people telling their kids "fock the police" or any other shit like that.. because you setting the stage for a culture of anti-authority and sooner or later, that same mentality is giong to turn on you.. when you bring up your kids to have no respect for any kinda authority figure, what's to stop them from cuffing you down or putting some licks in your ass? people find kids cursing to be cute.. but then when the child pelt a mofo or a fck in their direction they want to get upset and rush the child? naw.. you created that mess...

Ushawishi
If you all were advocating for more options for de youths dan death at least dat would be realistic... de chick raise up isolated I can expect nonsense from her becuz she dunno otherwise ... I would have expected you to know de majority of bad youths you know do ok later on... or are you subscribing to de BS dat de majority of black men go to jail?
smh.. thats all i have to say...

Audree

Bush Baby
True I hear yuh
I can also understand what the Police
Are going through.
Especially having to deal with all those undocumented
Aliens in East Flatbush.

Real ting.

Smh

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i dont know about the undocumented alien bit.. i sure it have plenty undocumented aliens in chinatown or queens as well.. *shrugs*

I love to watch Caribbean News..... im always interested as to what is going down in the island... The good,bad and ugly....

When a youth get shot/killed by police or a next gang, there is always a group of people to say "he wasnt in nothing" "he was a good youth" "He use to sponsor so and so" " Its a travesty" and a relative (most likely the persons mother) crying.............. You would never hear " he kill a few men"," he is area leader"," he does terrorize the community" They would never say that, when he actually is a negative influence.

The last few weeks they making this youth seem like a saint

Lucianite

I love to watch Caribbean News..... im always interested as to what is going down in the island... The good,bad and ugly....

When a youth get shot/killed by police or a next gang, there is always a group of people to say "he wasnt in nothing" "he was a good youth" "He use to sponsor so and so" " Its a travesty" and a relative (most likely the persons mother) crying.............. You would never hear " he kill a few men"," he is area leader"," he does terrorize the community" They would never say that, when he actually is a negative influence.

The last few weeks they making this youth seem like a saint
In general people speak fondly of the dead.. when was the last time you went to a funeral and they spoke of how phuck up the person was?