"So......what do you do for a living?"

Poca

There's many ways to find out a person's occupation other than asking: what kind of job do you do. And this line of questioning often follows a pattern that resembles an interrogation and I sure no ones likes to be interrogated.

DSP

Heri
As, you can find a lot about a person by their occupation....

We spend the majority of our "active" day at work, we spend the majority of our "inactive" day asleep.

Some jobs have little to zero impact on some people's lives, but most people's jobs have a lot of impact on their lives.

See nothing absolutely wrong, in inquiring on ones occupation in the early stages.
the only way to know(and it's still no guarantee) why a person ask about your occupation is for them to tell you why....so what's wrong with you asking why, when asked?

That's your business

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
i simply answer "i work".. and smile.. i answered the question,

This here speaks to why people in fck'd up situations often use, "I didn't know." as an excuse to why and how they place themselves in that fck'd up situation.
There's many ways to find out a person's occupation other than asking: what kind of job do you do. And this line of questioning often follows a pattern that resembles an interrogation and I sure no ones likes to be interrogated.
I can see and understand that. It's funny how there's so much BadA$$, I ain't having it, tough as nails people walking around. Yet, people so SENSITIVE to "What do you do, for a living?".

You would think people are asking "D!ck & T!Ts" size, or some Head' on the first meeting....Oh, but wait that sh!t is common and not taboo these days.

I see, the issue here.

lol, I get.
That's your business

Yeh, you right...cuz Im broke.

i have no secret millinaire perspective. *shrug*

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
If you all were saying it's too run of the mill of a question...I can see the protest also.

But why is practical wrong and scorned?

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
I have no idea why answering this question is hard unless you do something you are not proud of or work for the CIA.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
if they ask on the first time meeting them i tell them the general industry and leave it at that.. but then again i am not the one to volunteer information.. so if somebody asks me something like "where do you live?: --- new york, then they ask oh reallly which part? - brooklyn.. then another question about which part of brooklyn.. - why do you ask? get to know me as a person and you will find out all you need to know.. but the random info jes so.. then again i rarely speak of work outside of work..

LIONESS onda RISE

I doesn't bother me for the reasons it bothers some in the thread because it's just convo.. It irritates me because it sparks further conversation and then i hVe to sit and listen to everyones ideas.. :kicks.. because everyone has some brilliant idea...NOT!:lol:

sankofaa

if they ask on the first time meeting them i tell them the general industry and leave it at that.. but then again i am not the one to volunteer information.. so if somebody asks me something like "where do you live?: --- new york, then they ask oh reallly which part? - brooklyn.. then another question about which part of brooklyn.. - why do you ask? get to know me as a person and you will find out all you need to know.. but the random info jes so.. then again i rarely speak of work outside of work..
what color are your drawals

dollbabi

Earth Angel
I doesn't bother me for the reasons it bothers some in the thread because it's just convo.. It irritates me because it sparks further conversation and then i hVe to sit and listen to everyones ideas.. :kicks.. because everyone has some brilliant idea...NOT!:lol:
:kicks