soca queen?

Besides the elders which is a given(rose, Sandra Etc) who do we give this title to. I was debating this the other day and would like to see what the feeling out there is.

That is a tough one cause most of the female artists are young in the business as far as consistency destra has been pretty consistent since tremble it and faye ann first two tries have been good. i think it might be a litte early to crown a socaqueen amongst the new girls.

deoriginalrudeboy

alison w/o a doubt, but it's time fuh de bajan tuh share de crown because now i think denise belfon has rightfully deserved to fly alongside alison as the "titled" queen of soca. styles are different but, saucy has stepped up, and alison seems to be in neutral.
destra ah mek meh own title fuh she "soca princess"
sanell is juss "soca diva" w/ all that male bashin ah surprise no1 eh mek song about she yet.
but if it's who ah lookin fuh in a fete... no doubt is destra... she ha meh tool tool bay!!!!!!:confused

lordsalt

Take Kaiso In Yuh Mouth!!
ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON! ALISON!

salt

janfor

Let's be honest none of them new fly by nights including Alison can touch the sacy wow she been consistently giving us hit after hit for as long as I can remember and even teach many how to wine. So crown the queen nah.
Nuff said!!!:music

janfor

If is one ting Denise doh sing is rapso - ragga soca but definitely not rapso. So try an get it right.
If not Denise den nobody go get it because the rest of them are jolly come lately. If Destra last 5 year den we could give she a bligh. But I really like the Soca Princess title.

Chandra

well, let us see now

There is no one touching Alison Hinds
She is totally 100% the Queen Of Soca

But I must agree that Destra is quickly becoming the "Princess of Soca"

Denise she is doing her thing!

But don't sleep on Fay-Ann she is coming strong out of no where.

But no matter what Ali is not about to give up her Crown to Anyone!

I cannot wait for her solo album to come out sometime in June of this year. It promises to be a must have for all Alison fans.

Last edited:

keefa_angel

We Soca princess definitely , soca ashanti/ jlo, someday soon to be we soca queen, following in the footsteps of the female trini founders before her (Rose, Sandra, Denise Plummer and miss saucy wow herself). She is presently the most promising young female in de business, we love you destraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

lordsalt

Take Kaiso In Yuh Mouth!!
alison has been consistent year after year with tunes, won titles, peformed globally and blah blah blah. she may not of opened the doors 4 all the female soca artists 2day (all queen's in my opinion), but her track record is not 1 2 make joke with. respect 2 all the female artists old, new and still to come in the soca scene, but come on guys........at least to me she takes the cake for consistency and endurance.

salt

deoriginalrudeboy

women like rose, plummer, sandra, and the others I would class them as CALYPSO QUEEN
reasons why alison & denise should share the title:
ALISON
1st female to win de road in bim 2 years in a row.
1st woman to win party monarch title in bim.
(maybe wrong) but possibly the 1st woman to come in the top 5 in TNT International Soca Monarch.
More # 1 hits then not just females but w/ also men included.
Can hold a stage performance and compete w/ the men w/ no hesitation, controls the crowd, and holds her own ground.
Name is widely known.
Consistent
Worked w/ a legend "Sparrow"
1st female besides Denise, and not from TNT solely mashed up the country w/ performances, and as we all know Trini very hard w/ artistes. *hint* plummer and toilet paper.
DENISE "SAUCY WOW" BELFON
desired for all big fetes.
numerous amounts of #1 hits.
energy on the stage
can be surrounded by all male performers and still carry her own weight.
look at she size... look at the lengths she does go to, to entertain.. raw talent skills!!!
creates anthems.
name is widely known
can do a collab w/ nearly any1
has everyone wanting more.
consistent
de wine...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DESTRA soca princess!!! ah believe she more sought out after then fay ann, at least in my case:D :music

Last edited: