Some Past Panorama Performances on the Drag from 70s and 80s (as a warm up to semis )

BFFan

I will post some of them, and chronologically.

Defending from 1976 and eventual champions of 1977
Desperadoes playing Crawfie
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zi1hv4o-yic?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BFFan

Third World .... Gold 1977 (Prelims)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9jwKj8IUtDA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Olympians... Jaws 1977 (South panorama)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aWLJydHoAmo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BFFan

Tropical Angel Harps ....Dog 1978
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8ta6bDchMnI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BFFan

Tropical Angel Harps .... More Times, 1979 in Chagaunas Carnival because of the boycott
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/H1Gr29tMZF0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BFFan

Defending champions from 1981 Catelli Trinidad All Stars ...Heat Prelims 1982
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VAHF7mxfv4s?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BFFan

Power Stars .... Party Fever, 1982 Prelims
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ogMH0zUqKJc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BFFan

Eventual co-Champion Desperadoes ... Pan Night and Day Prelims 1985
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/esVjbs9n590?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BFFan

Defending and co-Champion Renegades ...Pan Night and Day Prelims 1985
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jh2CQn0Mq7M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BFFan

Trinidad All Stars.... Suck Meh Soucouyant 1985 Prelims, <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NuPjHeDc9bk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trinidad All Stars on the finals drag where they evetually placed 3rd one point the 2 co-champions
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3lmD94K_WWk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BFFan

Tokyo ... Pan In Danger 1985 Prelims
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LxbD1N5D-LU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BFFan

Pandemonium .... Theresa Rocking Prelims 1985
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jouKTeGf1AQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BFFan

Trinidad All Stars ...Pan in Rukukatunkung, 1988 Prelims, if memory serves me right they placed 1st in the Prelims but came in 7th in the Finals
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/naT8GzHun9w?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BFFan

Trinidad All Stars .... Two to Go, 1989 Prelims
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OyRmpcX7b3c?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this the last clip I posting.

BFFan

These recordings are a treasure find, now I finally hear what they mean by the south bands and the tempo, fire. Hope you guys enjoyed them like I did.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
These recordings are a treasure find, now I finally hear what they mean by the south bands and the tempo, fire. Hope you guys enjoyed them like I did.
All Stars is basically a modern north version of a south band as far as tempo is concerned.
I grew up in San Fernando and used to find the pace of the north bands a bit on the slow boring side of things until Desperadoes won me over.

BFFan

All Stars is basically a modern north version of a south band as far as tempo is concerned.
I grew up in San Fernando and used to find the pace of the north bands a bit on the slow boring side of things until Desperadoes won me over.
You could throw in Silver Stars recent prominence with All Stars,

But listening to those bands remind me carnival back home when I was young back in the 70s and 80s when steelbands were the jam on the streets.

I sum up the big 4 (Despers, All Stars, Renegades and Phase 2) like this, they all had hair raising moments when they were simply heads and shoulders above anything on the planet with their dominance for the last 3 going on 4 decades,

Renegades and Desperadoes, though have the most victories, they rarely come 2nd place. All Stars and Phase 2 probably have more second place finishes than wins along with Exodus.