Spinoff Thread: Foods in your culture/country that you do not like

sankofaa

:kicks I swear I thought I was the only black person that doesn't like yams. I'll make them, but won't eat them. I think the only dumplings I did like were my great-grandmother's (may she rest in peace), and that was because they blended well with whatever soup she was making. I'll eat bananas, but they have to still have some green to them. I also don't get a craving for cornbread that my mother-in-law and her sister make jokes about. I don't do potato salad anymore, and that's because I got tired of making it. Let me also add that I can't stand liver and onions, well cow liver because I will from time to time eat chicken livers. I don't eat any forest creatures (deer, rabbit, squirrel, possum, etc.). Oh and I don't eat lamb.
i want to try antelope i heard its good. Deer just looks like it would taste good lol

bl folk out here in the country areas of the south eat RACOON tho, i couldnt do that for many reasons lol

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
I dont really care for Guatemalan enchiladas, which are kinda similar to mexican tostadas, but with beets and hard boiled eggs, no thanks! Give me mexican or new mexican enchiladas over those anyday! Especially the ones I make!
Dont care for menudo/tripe either....

foods from the culture/cuisine on my Father's side:
cant stand borscht, my Step Sister and LB claim there is a version the russian immigrants in eastern BC and Alberta make that Id like, but I dunno.
Gefilte fish I liked as a kid, but I didnt know any better, stuff's nasty!

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
i want to try antelope i heard its good. Deer just looks like it would taste good lol

bl folk out here in the country areas of the south eat RACOON tho, i couldnt do that for many reasons lol
:nea:

I dont really care for Guatemalan enchiladas, which are kinda similar to mexican tostadas, but with beets and hard boiled eggs, no thanks! Give me mexican or new mexican enchiladas over those anyday! Especially the ones I make!

cant stand borscht, my Step Sister and LB claim there is a version the russian immigrants in eastern BC and Alberta make that Id like, but I dunno.
just looking at it in the jar :bad:

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings

what dont u like about it? It's the Ukrainian/Polish folks here who I've eaten it from. Well they could be Russian since many ethnic Russians lived in those countries as well. lol

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
guess I meant eastern european not exclusively russian
I just dont like beets
a little bit in my veggie juice is about all that I can stand

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
guess I meant eastern european not exclusively russian
I just dont like beets
a little bit in my veggie juice is about all that I can stand
yeah if u dont like beets then it won't matter how it's prepared. lol

I love beets so it's easy for me to drink broscht.

Carib2

Cou cou is another nasty dish who eats that?!

Here it would be black pudding, bread pudding (yuck) and porridge

Moqueca

Liver, it stinks so bad, tripe and black pudding.

And whoever does not like saltfish they have not found the right one yet