SPINOFF: When was the last time you slow danced?

B

Black Madonna

Or partner dance? as a matter of fact, can you partner dance? and I don't mean wining up on somebody. Which dances can you do?

A friend of mine posted up this up as a status question once and many people said they hadn't since the junior high or school prom. I went to a wedding where the couple had to practice hard for their first dance because they had never danced with each other before and were afraid of looking awkward

this is put in the red light bulb, slow dance, house party,grown folk music

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3MHXrNtF2wg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Couple months...trying to learn cuban salsa steps from hubby. Hope we can do some line dancing soon! Tee hee!

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
mrs. v that city is getting to you :kicks
last time I partner danced was about a year ago. that's mainly because he doesn't really like to slow dance or hand dance/two step.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
mrs. v that city is getting to you :kicks
last time I partner danced was about a year ago. that's mainly because he doesn't really like to slow dance or hand dance/two step.
:lol I do like it. Plus, why not enjoy the culture! I live here. ;)

G

Gladiator

I did a lil slow dance with my friend over the weekend to R Kelly "Happy People"..I like that song

dedetriniking

Another dead or dieing art.....but only in some circles. Salsa/Merengue is where its at. Vega is on the right track. Learn to dance like that and you'll never dance without a partner again. Trust me!

caribflexbk

slow danced @ a wedding 2 years ago. other than that not since i was a teenager, use to partner dance with my uncle. he use to spun u around, dip yuh, do something like a waltz. i dont think i even remember how anymore....

Poca

I don't consider salsa and merengue as slow dancing although they are danced with a partner.

B

Black Madonna

I don't consider salsa and merengue as slow dancing although they are danced with a partner.
I said OR "partner dance" so I am including salsa, merengue, bachata...waddeva. anything that involve a partner

DerMonger

I could waltz.

Slow danced last Friday with a 20 something Egyptian girl to Isley's 'Caravan of Love'.

Girl guh tell me: "I not used to this kinna music, she wants to come another night where the music more modern".

Its all strictly 70s/80s/90s that particular night.

Serve she tail right fuh coming to Grown Folks night. Have to teach these youngins what real music is.