SPINOFF: When was the last time you slow danced?

Jaymaca

Kizomba is doing quite well in the UK, thanks to the growing Portuguese population. Hardly any Angolans here to claim the title. Kizomba dancing I did a couple years back, once again thanks to the Portuguese friends.

It would be nice to have a Lovers Rock dance for young people, as seen in The Story of Lovers Rock.

G

Gladiator

I could waltz.

Slow danced last Friday with a 20 something Egyptian girl to Isley's 'Caravan of Love'.

Girl guh tell me: "I not used to this kinna music, she wants to come another night where the music more modern".

Its all strictly 70s/80s/90s that particular night.

Serve she tail right fuh coming to Grown Folks night. Have to teach these youngins what real music is.
:kick: she probably out danced all of y'all old folks

DerMonger

:kick: she probably out danced all of y'all old folks
LOL....More like vice versa. I went to the same place the night before and she was whining up to everything. And I was the stationary one. I really don't know to get down or sing the words/chorus to much of the current music today.

Then Friday night she was like a fish outta water. I saw her standing in one place for most of the night. Me and my boy were in the middle of the dancefloor and had a heap of gal to pick from. Most of the music (from yesteryear) was foreign to her and she couldn't vibe to it, like me with most of the music now,lol. She was a hottie though. I told her when we was dancing: "Girl show some respect to the old school...I bet your folks conceived you to this". LOL.

I had a great time there with the music and all....will go back again this Friday.

LIONESS onda RISE

mrs. v that city is getting to you :kicks
last time I partner danced was about a year ago. that's mainly because he doesn't really like to slow dance or hand dance/two step.
i love to dance with a man who can dance...yep!

had to show that man of mine tho...

I could waltz.

Slow danced last Friday with a 20 something Egyptian girl to Isley's 'Caravan of Love'.

Girl guh tell me: "I not used to this kinna music, she wants to come another night where the music more modern".

Its all strictly 70s/80s/90s that particular night.

Serve she tail right fuh coming to Grown Folks night. Have to teach these youngins what real music is.
thats why i teach my girls..its a shame, all these young ppl know is song about sex..nothing of love!..

you come to my house, my girls singing Denise williams, Ms Rippleton, Mr. Vandross, Sade, Isleys, Dells, ect..all a dat, word for word!...

I take DC hand dance classes twice a week...I have no choice but to dance with a partner :dance:
baby..our ppl can hand dance/step for sure!!...

hmm...my dad is the step KING..taught us all. we all attended his 40th high shcool reunion and dem old ppl was getting in gooooooddddd....we out there right with them.
i get mad if i meet a guy and he cant hand dance/step and lead me to follow..UGGG!!!....