St Lucia and St Vincent nationals

dev

now need a visa to get into Canada.

The St. Lucia government Wednesday expressed its disappointment at the decision by Canada to impose visa requirements on nationals entering the North American country.

In a brief statement, the Kenny Anthony administration said it is “disappointed and dismayed by the decision of the Government of Canada to impose visas on St. Lucians who wish to travel to Canada.

“The Government of St. Lucia deeply regrets that the Canadian Government did not give it an opportunity to address the concerns regarding the claims of “unreliable travel documents” allegedly held by some St. Lucians,” statement said, promising that a “full statement will be issued by the government subsequent to the receipt of a letter from the Canadian government conveying its decision”.

Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney said that nationals from St. Lucia and St. Vincent and the Grenadines would now need a visa to travel enter the country as the North American country clamps down on people making false claims for resident status.

“In particular, criminals from these countries can legally change their names and acquire new passports. In some instances, people who were removed from Canada as security risks later returned using different passports,” a statement from Citizen and Immigration Canada (CIC) said, adding that in the cases of Namibia, Botswana and Swaziland which are also affected by the decision, human trafficking, especially of minors, and fraudulent documents are significant concerns.

bhalistix

It is I
a couple of years ago SLu had to revamp the whole passport application process because a lot of non-nationals were fraudulently obtaining St. lucian passport and using the documents to again access to the US and Canada, i can only summize that the efforts of the Lucian government was not enough.

but i look fwd to hearing more on the reason for the imposition of the visa requirement.

a couple of years ago SLu had to revamp the whole passport application process because a lot of non-nationals were fraudulently obtaining St. lucian passport and using the documents to again access to the US and Canada, i can only summize that the efforts of the Lucian government was not enough.

but i look fwd to hearing more on the reason for the imposition of the visa requirement.
crime, stop sugar coating

they were caught infiltrating your trini asshole
i don't know why that would be a crime it was wide open
my my, what temper u have.

u went off on a tangent about the visa, basically they make alyuh now get visa cuz alyuh joing the bandwagon of unstable crime ridden nations.

CHEERS!

:this:

Nica

SAINTSational

That was the same reason why visa imposition was placed on Dominica back in 2002.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
the govt is trying to crack down on immigration/travel fraud as a whole.

Yesterday they announced they are revoking 3,100 citizenships because of falsified documents etc.

So its no surprise that they are clamping down on countries they feel dont have verifiable travel documents. Those same ppl who travel on false passports then over stay there time here and dont leave. Not all who do so are criminals looking to gain entry but rather ppl wanting to exploit loopholes in the system to get around doing things properly.

kidray

the govt is trying to crack down on immigration/travel fraud as a whole.

Yesterday they announced they are revoking 3,100 citizenships because of falsified documents etc.

So its no surprise that they are clamping down on countries they feel dont have verifiable travel documents. Those same ppl who travel on false passports then over stay there time here and dont leave. Not all who do so are criminals looking to gain entry but rather ppl wanting to exploit loopholes in the system to get around doing things properly.
3,100 that's a lot men,wow,so people just did what they had to do.Is that for st luca alone or generally

Ljohnb00

St. Lucia should follow Brazil once a country require visa for us too travel too their country we should require visa for them too travel too our island.

bhalistix

It is I
St. Lucia should follow Brazil once a country require visa for us too travel too their country we should require visa for them too travel too our island.
seriously dude. people who impose visa requirement for entry, their economy is not dependent on tourism.

Steupz

When was the last time, Lucia and Vincent issued new passports. More secure passports.
Perhaps it's really as simple as that.