Survey says One in four Caribbean men is BiSexual

I hear people say this but why would it be ignored?
because we dont have that social safety net to come out and discuss these things.

even our politicians cannot carry on discourse about these issues without getting emotional.

denying it does not mean it does not exist, look at the big outrage in Trinidad when that guy went to Woodbrook school to distribute condoms to the kids.

nah, who breed who an who a breed fi who is big news...that spreads like WIIIIILFIRE. even people yuh don't know tek it up an run wid it...

and dash weh belly will be found out so people can properly scorn you, even if they keep the scorn private. i know who dash weh belly from way over here lol news travels fasssst. Plus abortion is kept quiet everywhere, it's not really people business unless you marrying them. It's not something you need to raise awareness of to help prevent like HIV and such...it's a decision.

gay thing is kept hush although you will hear about who turned gay (one big flirt from my childhood mi hear tun battyman as an adult and i was SHOCKED at him, he seemed more like he would have about a million baby mothers or maybe rape somebody cause he was always trying to LURE me somewhere!) and incest/molestation is like a duppy that will eat people if dem seh it name...or even think too hard bout it...smh
yeah but some parents ship away the child or doh even let the girl come outside with she big belly.

There are even people who died of aids and the family never come out and say yes, the person contracted the virus and died,

we are forced to hush hush because people are afraid of being vilified. we have small societies where people even make the victims of incest etc feel like they did something wrong.

Steupz

because we dont have that social safety net to come out and discuss these things.

even our politicians cannot carry on discourse about these issues without getting emotional.

denying it does not mean it does not exist, look at the big outrage in Trinidad when that guy went to Woodbrook school to distribute condoms to the kids.
I view Trinidad differently. Trinidad and Tobago elected a known lesbian and none in the media has ever tried to out her or even broach her sexuality. That's maturity.
T&T has known gays on the bench and it's not an issue.

But here's where I understand your point and differ with it. I do not believe a society always has to confront or accept reality. There are times when a society has to be very Catholic and say this is our belief and if you don't like it, fvck you.

Saying we don't want condoms in prison or distributed at school isn't necessarily denial as it is rejection. To accept that shit is, one can argue, to conform to it.

I view Trinidad differently. Trinidad and Tobago elected a known lesbian and none in the media has ever tried to out her or even broach her sexuality. That's maturity.

But here's where I understand your point and differ with it. I do not believe a society always has to confront or accept reality. There are times when a society has to be very Catholic and say this is our belief and if you don't like it, fvck you.

Saying we don't want condoms in prison or distributed at school isn't necessarily denial as it is rejection. To accept that shit is, one can argue, to conform to it.
YEAH but that same individual would not be able to be Prime Minister, we dont scrutinize the lives of MP's that much.

Trinidad is more of a dont ask dont tell society with regards to certain issues. They get emotional when they feel like people are trying to change the moral and social status quo, so they wont really publicly lick out against Gay/bisexual clubs in Woodbrook/Tragrette Road but they would totally come out against any idea of civil unions or gay marriage.

B

Black Madonna

depends on who is the promoter..........more upscale the fete the numbers increase
and that's the truth. only poor people have shame when it come to sexuality. sexual deviance is more rampant the higher you go up the socio economic ladder, the more sexually free you are because you have the means to do what you want. and nobody gonna tell you shit

T

Toppa_Toppa

YEAH but that same individual would not be able to be Prime Minister, we dont scrutinize the lives of MP's that much.

Trinidad is more of a dont ask dont tell society with regards to certain issues. They get emotional when they feel like people are trying to change the moral and social status quo, so they wont really publicly lick out against Gay/bisexual clubs in Woodbrook/Tragrette Road but they would totally come out against any idea of civil unions or gay marriage.
This.

I'll add abortion to that list.

B

Black Madonna

that just mean they are hypocrites and in denial....lol yeah I heard about them clubs. i heard/learned a lot hanging with caribbean gays. it was quite an experience...i must say. there was a lot of people including men who were fascinated by the flamboyance

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
yeah but some parents ship away the child or doh even let the girl come outside with she big belly.

There are even people who died of aids and the family never come out and say yes, the person contracted the virus and died,

we are forced to hush hush because people are afraid of being vilified. we have small societies where people even make the victims of incest etc feel like they did something wrong.
Yeah but that's not a Caribbean thing. Rich people will ship her away for a "study abroad" for a year or whatever, and the baby is given up for adoption or pretend it's adopted or some other family member's. Or if old enough, marry.

Not so rich people will try hide the belly and pretend the grandmother is the mother, or drop out of school (or get kicked out), etc.

Yeah the problem with incest is the woman always viewed as damaged goods so is best for her ability to have a future that it not be broadcast to the world. But in addition to not broadcasting it, it's not dealt with, often the perp lives to carry on his normal life. Is not the whole world business but at least kill the f*cker, do SOMEthing...get her therapy, and yes, the blaming her for it is the part that is sick and WEAK...but again that happens the world over so I can't say that's a caribbean thing because how incest/molestation is handled there is just as prevalent elsewhere. I do think our rates of the incidents are higher on average than, say, the U.S. though...although the U.S. has more insane versions of these cases.

This!

lawd unuh have me agreeing with Steupz.

God soon come for him world. lol.

Yeah but that's not a Caribbean thing. Rich people will ship her away for a "study abroad" for a year or whatever, and the baby is given up for adoption or pretend it's adopted or some other family member's. Or if old enough, marry.

Not so rich people will try hide the belly and pretend the grandmother is the mother, or drop out of school (or get kicked out), etc.

Yeah the problem with incest is the woman always viewed as damaged goods so is best for her ability to have a future that it not be broadcast to the world. But in addition to not broadcasting it, it's not dealt with, often the perp lives to carry on his normal life. Is not the whole world business but at least kill the f*cker, do SOMEthing...get her therapy, and yes, the blaming her for it is the part that is sick and WEAK...but again that happens the world over so I can't say that's a caribbean thing because how incest/molestation is handled there is just as prevalent elsewhere. I do think our rates of the incidents are higher on average than, say, the U.S. though...although the U.S. has more insane versions of these cases.

This!

lawd unuh have me agreeing with Steupz.

God soon come for him world. lol.
Yeah Browni, I agree to an extent with u and Steupz,

I am not saying society to have to go around accepting Gay Marriage/Bisexuals/abortions.

I am saying as Caribbean societies we have to realize that MSM exists, right and some of these men are probably having unprotected sex and infecting women, how about we get to the point of talking about condom usage more often and not just saying no condom use like what the church is saying.

or get to a point where society says ok, if u r bisexual it is encouraged for u to discuss this with ur potential partner and not living 20 years with a lie, and having sex on the outside.

or even having the discourse on if abortion should be legal in our islands. or encouraging masturbation as a means of delayed sexual inititation?

we live in socities which demonise teens who not having sex and masturbate to release that tension.

the issues are never dealt with but the fall out is there to show.

B

Black Madonna

I am not saying society to have to go around accepting Gay Marriage/Bisexuals/abortions.

I am saying as Caribbean societies we have to realize that MSM exists, right and some of these men are probably having unprotected sex and infecting women, how about we get to the point of talking about condom usage more often and not just saying no condom use like what the church is saying.

or get to a point where society says ok, if u r bisexual it is encouraged for u to discuss this with ur potential partner and not living 20 years with a lie, and having sex on the outside.

or even having the discourse on if abortion should be legal in our islands. or encouraging masturbation as a means of delayed sexual inititation?

we live in socities which demonise teens who not having sex and masturbate to release that tension.

leff dem lone. that's why I will laugh at chicks who fukk gays and dont know it and men who fukk trannies and dont know it because their ignorance is bliss and make for funny stories amongst gays and straights. they all get what they deserve and I dont feel sorry for the fools none at all

EloquenceInc

the church believes people should wait until marriage. it actually solves the problem but the issue there is people take too long to get married so NO ONE can wait!

For the church's MO to work, people have to go back to getting married in the 13-16 range (the same age nuff start having sex anyway)...and we all know no one believe people can get married that young and still go to school and do everything else they are suppose to put off marriage to do. It's too radical.

So things will continue to be as problematic as they are.

The church is not suppose to encourage condom use.

Jamaica is pretty big on condom use anyway cause some of these kids listen to dancehall gods more than pastor and the dancehall fraternity has been very good about encouraging that.

Vybz Kartel mess it up with a line i heard in a song about going raw...but it was with a girl who was obviously his bonafide and the song was about being so into the girl he couldn't get enough of her...it wasn't about him whoring around from woman to woman at all, so hopefully no one misses that part if they take the song to heart.

Overall though they all over-emphasize safe sex.

That is not the church job.

The church need to grow some balls though and start being real, show people life can still be fun and they can do everything they were doing before, while married young! Except whore around.

What disgustingly poor journalism.

The survey targeted those men who had sex with men (MSM) and of those respondents, 1 in 4 identified as bi-sexual.

That does not equal 1 in 4 Cbean men being bi-sexual.

Good lawd.
I was afraid to read the article... luckily I saw this first. Carry on

Update: I see that Swaggerific is ALL OVER THIS THREAD smgdh

EloquenceInc

and that's the truth. only poor people have shame when it come to sexuality. sexual deviance is more rampant the higher you go up the socio economic ladder, the more sexually free you are because you have the means to do what you want. and nobody gonna tell you shit
Money is power.

Knowledge is power.

Have plenty of both and you're a god among men...when there's an imbalance then there is room for negotiation...

I was afraid to read the article... luckily I saw this first. Carry on

Update: I see that Swaggerific is ALL OVER THIS THREAD smgdh
everybody all over the thread, what wrong with that?

why am I public enemy #1 to u IMIX guyS cuz I am the only guy on here to recognise that bisexuality is a little bit more prevalent than we would like to admit?

SMGDH

G

Gladiator

i can believe this, they say those who are the most homophobic are usually downlow
Ding Ding...question is how many Imixers have a grasp on what is going on in their islands? Most Imixers visit their islands one every year or two years.