Teacher calls Jamaican student N-Word

A.K.K.S.

"African-Americans" are just Americans who happen to be of African descent and have developed an ETHNICITY because of historical exclusion due to their "race".

All these other foreign black people are NOT African Americans, just because they're black. And the first generation children of these people have the right to identify with African Americans or NOT. It definitely depends on if you grew up in Lauderhill, Flatbush or Crown Heights compared to North Carolina.

Just like a Russian American from Brighton Beach is not really white American like a redneck from West Virginia.

Lucianite

African American is a nationality
Again but it is used interchangeably as race to mean black by some
On most forms they that ask u self identify say " black or African American"

I'm just saying it's not that serious to me if I am called an aa or black if it relates to my race on forms
If I am asked my race I will say " black" not " African American"
Where are u from " st lucia"

Carib2

Over here we have Black British with three subtypes

Black British caribbean

Black British african

and Black other

Maybe the US should have the same because I doubt most Caribbean/African/Latino black's identify as African American.

Lucianite

Most not black people use " African American " to be politically correct as " black"
They don't give a phuck if u trini or jamaican or Lucian or whatever

Same like people call all West Indians Jamaicans lol
And we call all Oriental Chinese and
We call people " Indians " whether they from Pakistan or Bangladesh because we have no way of knowing unless we ask
Bottom line is that we know what is meant
It is a simplified system

In the op that's how the teacher was using it .....

Lucianite

Over here we have Black British with three subtypes

Black British caribbean

Black British african

and Black other

Maybe the US should have the same because I doubt most Caribbean/African/Latino black's identify as African American.
Depends on why the stats are collected

I heard until a few yrs ago that something about blacks were not ,
" British " even if they were born there ??? What's with that ?

Why does the uk break it down like that ?

Lucianite

Caribbean blacks and African Americans are the same people
Africans dropped off at different ports in the Western Hemisphere

Lucianite

Yup. That's the definition of African-American.

People like Lucianite who identify as AA and are okay with being identified as AA are sellouts who have no pride in their country of origin.
You seem to have missed the bolded
I do not walk around or saying I am " African American"
Again, most forms to self identify say " black or African American "
You are wrong about my Lucian pride
I think my IMix name should give u a clue

[HR][/HR]

You are right
African Americans came out of blacks in america that came of of the slave trade
That's mu understanding
But on most forms it will say
Black or African American
It can be confusing because " African American " is really a nationality but it's also a race
So I was born in st Lucian and now an American citizen
I see no harm or need for correction when I am counted as an " African American"

White people who try to be correct now say " African American". To mean " black"
Really out of respect and to not be offensive

Carib2

Most not black people use " African American " to be politically correct as " black"
They don't give a phuck if u trini or jamaican or Lucian or whatever

Same like people call all West Indians Jamaicans lol
And we call all Oriental Chinese and
We call people " Indians " whether they from Pakistan or Bangladesh because we have no way of knowing unless we ask
Bottom line is that we know what is meant
It is a simplified system

In the op that's how the teacher was using it .....
I guess its a simplified system but its a ignorant system.

Depends on why the stats are collected

I heard until a few yrs ago that something about blacks were not ,
" British " even if they were born there ??? What's with that ?

Why does the uk break it down like that ?
Where did you hear that?

Black people will always be considered British if they're born here in the UK.

Yeah, and they developed different cultures.

Colors

STEADY WUK
Do you believe all black people come from Africa? Or do you believe all people of all colors originated from Africa? Where humans branch away from Africa to different parts of the world.....which would bring the pigment of our skin color to debate. Just asking

Lucianite

I guess its a simplified system but its a ignorant system.

Where did you hear that?

Black people will always be considered British if they're born here in the UK.

Yeah, and they developed different cultures.
Why is it " ignorant" . ? Some things need to be simplified for different reasons..... And this British carribean vs British African vs other which u just advocated for is not " ignorant". Or " simple "

I thought I read something about British born blacks and not being officially " British" or something about the census or voting that was changed..... I'll see if I find something

Lucianite

Do you believe all black people come from Africa? Or do you believe all people of all colors originated from Africa? Where humans branch away from Africa to different parts of the world.....which would bring the pigment of our skin color to debate. Just asking

I only know what I know there is a lot I don't know
Didn't life originate in Africa - east; as evidenced by the remains of "Lucy "
My understanding and limited knowledge is that black people originated Africa
And thru the slave trade millions were brought to the Western Hemisphere

There is a book "African presence in ancient America - we came before Columbus " I have not read but have been hailed as great historical read

TheEducator

No the f*** we are not. Culturally we are completely different.

I would smack you across the face in real life for saying something as stupid as that.

Colors

STEADY WUK
I only know what I know there is a lot I don't know
Didn't life originate in Africa - east; as evidenced by the remains of "Lucy "
My understanding and limited knowledge is that black people originated Africa
And thru the slave trade millions were brought to the Western Hemisphere

There is a book "African presence in ancient America - we came before Columbus " I have not read but have been hailed as great historical read
Yes all life originated in Central Africa ....so why only people of Color want to put Africa in front of their nationality or country of their ancestors.

With that saying when everyone branch away from Africa some billions years ago do you think some people came to the Caribbean and South America also.....and our skin complexion is because the closeness to the equator.....just saying

Lucianite

No the f*** we are not. Culturally we are completely different.

I would smack you across the face in real life for saying something as stupid as that.
You are a dumbass because u had to say " culturally" we are different
Is this the only way we can describe people sameness or commonality

And you be a dead dumbass by just raising your hand to attempt that chit you're talking

Lucianite

Yes all life originated in Central Africa ....so why only people of Color want to put Africa in front of their nationality or country of their ancestors.

With that saying when everyone branch away from Africa some billions years ago do you think some people came to the Caribbean and South America also.....and our skin complexion is because the closeness to the equator.....just saying

It's ok to be the only one to do something..... There i are reasons for it
We have different experiences

Colors

STEADY WUK
The answer to the first question is false.....many people that called themselves African Americans cannot even tell you what part of Africa they came from must less country or town.

Colors

STEADY WUK
It's ok to be the only one to do something..... There i are reasons for it
We have different experiences

It's not okay.....Jesse Jackson came up with that name.....people of color should of just said they are Americans point black.....because that is where many can find and trace their roots many many years especially in the south....you might have a minority that can trace their roots to an Africa country and all but that is just a drop in the haystack

TheEducator

You are a dumbass because u had to say " culturally" we are the same
Is this the only way we can describe people sameness or commonality

And you be a dead dumbass by just raising your hand to attempt that chit you're talking
Actually I said culturally we are different. Culture/nationality is very much real and that's how you should identify people.

Lucianite

The answer to the first question is false.....many people that called themselves African Americans cannot even tell you what part of Africa they came from must less country or town.
Huh ?..

What first question ?

How the hell can a person tell you where in African they are from if they were. Torn away away from the origins without the benefit of. A family to tell them

There are DNA and other test that people do that place their origins .... Have you heard of something called " science"

Lucianite

Actually I said culturally we are different. Culture/nationality is very much real and that's how you should identify people.

Dumbass that was a typo and I fixed it
And who the phuck made you the sole person to decide how people should " self identify"