Teacher calls Jamaican student N-Word

Lucianite

It's not okay.....Jesse Jackson came up with that name.....people of color should of just said they are Americans point black.....because that is where many can find and trace their roots many many years especially in the south....you might have a minority that can trace their roots to an Africa country and all but that is just a drop in the haystack
Who are you and where are you from ?

And why y what the people of color in the us decided affects you and who are you to tell them their experience and what they should say and do ?

How do u identify yourself ?

Colors

STEADY WUK
Huh ?..

What first question ?

How the hell can a person tell you where in African they are from if they were. Torn away away from the origins without the benefit of. A family to tell them

There are DNA and other test that people do that place their origins .... Have you heard of something called " science"
Yes their is DNA and what do you think they make different letters in the science lab for every color in the human race. Do you really think their is a difference between human beings by color?
Again all human beings originated from Central Africa......but that does not say that all people of color are from Africa. Up til this day Scientist cannot tell us how we became humans per say....the only thing they can say is we are the closet thing to a chimpanzee in many forms but somewhere between their is a mystery and that's a fact

Lucianite

Which one is real? Race or culture?

*waits*

*** keep waiting****

No time your dumbass loopy questions

Bottom line African Americans have a right to call themselves whatever they want out of their experiences and the right to self determination

Respect other people

Do you and let them do them

Gtfoh

TheEducator

*** keep waiting****

No time your dumbass loopy questions

Bottom line African Americans have a right to call themselves whatever they want out of their experiences and the right to self determination

Respect other people

Do you and let them do them

Gtfoh
Black Caribbean people and African-Americans aren't the same people. Tell a Korean he is the same as a Chinese and see what he says. Tell an Indian he is the same as an Indo-Guyanese and see what he says.

Lucianite

Yes their is DNA and what do you think they make different letters in the science lab for every color in the human race. Do you really think their is a difference between human beings by color?
Again all human beings originated from Central Africa......but that does not say that all people of color are from Africa. Up til this day Scientist cannot tell us how we became humans per say....the only thing they can say is we are the closet thing to a chimpanzee in many forms but somewhere between their is a mystery and that's a fact

Wtf - you are going way off

Yes, Race is a social construct
If this this where u are heading

Colors

STEADY WUK
Who are you and where are you from ?

I am a black woman that can trace my family roots to the Caribbean, French, Portuguese and American

And why y what the people of color in the us decided affects you and who are you to tell them their experience and what they should say and do ?

What does experience have to do with being called something that you cannot trace your roots for majority of the cases. People are calling themselves African Americans because of Jesse Jackson....not even Martin Luther King came up with such and crazy idea.

How do u identify yourself ?
I define myself as an West Indian

Lucianite

I define myself as an West Indian
Why because Columbus thought he had sailed to India of the west ?
But that is fine for you
and I don't particularly like to call myself that
The point isI will not spend time telling you that should not call yourself that
It would not be a litmus test of your consciousness either

Colors

STEADY WUK
Why because Columbus thought he had sailed to India of the west ?
But that is fine for you
and I don't particularly like to call myself that
The point isI will not spend time telling you that should not call yourself that
It would not be a litmus test of your consciousness either
First Columbus was a liar

If you like calling yourself African American I am happy for you

I just would not define something I am not.....I cannot place myself nowhere in Africa and say this is my home

So I happy for you again

Lucianite

First Columbus was a liar

If you like calling yourself African American I am happy for you

I just would not define something I am not.....I cannot place myself nowhere in Africa and say this is my home

So I happy for you again

I don like calling myself " African American"
And I do not call myself that
Just an FYI

Colors

STEADY WUK
Wtf - you are going way off

Yes, Race is a social construct
If this this where u are heading
No I feel and I might be wrong.....that you are stating all people of color are from Africa and came over on slaves ships during the 1600's.

I feel and believe their was slavery 100%..... But I also feel their we're people of color throughout the world before the slave ships come too town in the 1600's

Lucianite

No I feel and I might be wrong.....that you are stating all people of color are from Africa and came over on slaves ships during the 1600's.
I only know what I know there is a lot I don't know
Didn't life originate in Africa - east; as evidenced by the remains of "Lucy "
My understanding and limited knowledge is that black people originated Africa
And thru the slave trade millions were brought to the Western Hemisphere

There is a book "African presence in ancient America - we came before Columbus " I have not read but have been hailed as great historical read[/QUOTE]

Btw I recently heard a tv personality, mellisa Harris perry describe the two Ebola nurses as "people of color ". So the term can mean non white people

Colors

STEADY WUK
I only know what I know there is a lot I don't know
Didn't life originate in Africa - east; as evidenced by the remains of "Lucy "
My understanding and limited knowledge is that black people originated Africa
And thru the slave trade millions were brought to the Western Hemisphere

There is a book "African presence in ancient America - we came before Columbus " I have not read but have been hailed as great historical read[/QUOTE]

Btw I recently heard a tv personality, mellisa Harris perry describe the two Ebola nurses as "people of color ". So the term can mean non white people

Yes all life began in Central Africa.....black,white,chiney,Indian,Hispanic ....all of us originated from Central Africa .....according to scientist

Lucianite

Yes all life began in Central Africa.....black,white,chiney,Indian,Hispanic ....all of us originated from Central Africa .....according to scientist

And your point here is what ?

Still remains that African Americans can be different and call themselves what they wish

And you can call yourself " West Indian"

Live and let live

How about finding the commonality that will empower all of us

Back to the topic

str8finessin

Trini Shotta
if these two girls not born in jamaica, they aint jamaica, they african american

the teacher simply said they would be considered the n word historically

i think this is a mountain out of a mole hill
What if their parents are from Jamaica but the girls were born in USA? Woudn't that still make them Jamaican American?

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
this argument AGAIN smh

i wish someone would try to tell me i have to identify as african american simply because i was born here...and that is not what the term was created to define

dollbabi

Earth Angel
What if their parents are from Jamaica but the girls were born in USA? Woudn't that still make them Jamaican American?
Some people are slow. Obviously, he doesn't know that the nationality is American. If you hyphenate, people do so by country of descent and then nationality. Every other group does it. It's obviously only a problem to him if people of African descent do it.

this argument AGAIN smh

i wish someone would try to tell me i have to identify as african american simply because i was born here...and that is not what the term was created to define
People don't read.

Carib2

Why is it " ignorant" . ? Some things need to be simplified for different reasons..... And this British carribean vs British African vs other which u just advocated for is not " ignorant". Or " simple "

I thought I read something about British born blacks and not being officially " British" or something about the census or voting that was changed..... I'll see if I find something
You need to get that article out...

Yes all life originated in Central Africa ....so why only people of Color want to put Africa in front of their nationality or country of their ancestors.

With that saying when everyone branch away from Africa some billions years ago do you think some people came to the Caribbean and South America also.....and our skin complexion is because the closeness to the equator.....just saying
Humans migrating out of Africa around 60,000 years ago, the amerindians from Asia arrived in the Americas populated every single piece of land and island in the Caribbean...leading to the caribs, arawaks, taino peoples etc..

Our skin colour is simply a natural adaptation to the sun, our hair and eyes also.

ALL people originated in East Africa, our closest relatives are chimpanzees.

Biologists know that we evolved from apes (well, we are still apes) we split from the group "Pan"( chimpanzees) 4 to 10 million years ago..