The dredded drum machine in contemporary soca

Seawall

one way to improve the quality of the songs would be to use more live percussionists, hand or traps. It seems like the drum programming haven't improved much since it was introduced over a decade ago. Start to mix the mechanical drums lower and bring up the bass, keys and iron.

socakingwarrior

one way to improve the quality of the songs would be to use more live percussionists, hand or traps. It seems like the drum programming haven't improved much since it was introduced over a decade ago. Start to mix the mechanical drums lower and bring up the bass, keys and iron.
I agree, but your first problem is get rid of 'artists' and get artists and get rid of 'producers' and get producers, get rid of 'song writers' and get song writers.

then u will see creativity again, the soca industry is packed to the gills right now with what can only be described as 'glad men' only they are not just glad, they are also illiterate.... so they are kind of glad morons....get musicians back making soca and then we can talk about live or computer.

a pig in a palace is still a pig, and a moron with a conga is still a moron

JAM CREW

Producer
in the leeward islands the drum machine was introduce in the mid 1980s...... we never had any problems with them...because they jsut to make the bands smaller....but still they had the original sounds of percussions.....up to this day....but now our drum machines are more advance....more computerize or studio.....in the leeward islands and virgin islands..... esspecially st.kitts and the virgin islands....we take the drum machine to another level but still have the original sound that we always had...since the drum machine era introduce in the 1980s...... bands like burning flames from antigua wck from dominica small axe from st.kitts jam band and 17 plus from the USVI and other bands around the leeward islands and virgin islands....master the drum machine.....in the 1980s.........what the producers fail to realise down south esspecially in trinidad cause i saw couple of them use up to 4 drum machines in a live! performance...and they only use for SAMPLING.....up in st.kitts only one single drum machine does everything..........

but the drum machine era in the leeward islands and virgin islands can't die

its a simple thing

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
I agree, but your first problem is get rid of 'artists' and get artists and get rid of 'producers' and get producers, get rid of 'song writers' and get song writers.

then u will see creativity again, the soca industry is packed to the gills right now with what can only be described as 'glad men' only they are not just glad, they are also illiterate.... so they are kind of glad morons....get musicians back making soca and then we can talk about live or computer.

a pig in a palace is still a pig, and a moron with a conga is still a moron
Mannnn, IS NOW YUH TALKING.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
in the leeward islands the drum machine was introduce in the mid 1980s...... we never had any problems with them...because they jsut to make the bands smaller....but still they had the original sounds of percussions.....up to this day....but now our drum machines are more advance....more computerize or studio.....in the leeward islands and virgin islands..... esspecially st.kitts and the virgin islands....we take the drum machine to another level but still have the original sound that we always had...since the drum machine era introduce in the 1980s...... bands like burning flames from antigua wck from dominica small axe from st.kitts jam band and 17 plus from the USVI and other bands around the leeward islands and virgin islands....master the drum machine.....in the 1980s.........what the producers fail to realise down south esspecially in trinidad cause i saw couple of them use up to 4 drum machines in a live! performance...and they only use for SAMPLING.....up in st.kitts only one single drum machine does everything..........

its a simple thing
If it CAAH DIE, SOCA DEYSO caah STRIVE.

It is TIME to MOVE FORWARD.

JAM CREW

Producer
If it CAAH DIE, SOCA DEYSO caah STRIVE.

It is TIME to MOVE FORWARD.
my boy u need to come to st.kitts and see how we use the drum machine up here lol....you think we crazy

and we don't sample beats......we make our riddims from scratch......

and if you realise right....the bands up here.....still make every song with their own riddim....

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
my boy u need to come to st.kitts and see how we use the drum machine up here lol....you think we crazy

and we don't sample beats......we make our riddims from scratch......

and if you realise right....the bands up here.....still make every song with their own riddim....
LIVE BANDS are COMING BACK....PUT AWAY the RIDDIM BOX.

small island rep

its a simple thing
it will never ever ever ever die.....

small island rep

back home we have bands dah play with and without deh box....come to deh vi or skb u will see....some ppl jus doh know how to operate deh box wit bands...i know wah u sayin my friend...buh at the same time deh box mek it sweet..i grew up listening to live bands without deh box....

Maruka

Qualified Mixologist
Dominica bouyon music always had live bands live instruments with a blend of the machines. That is one thing i realize we cant have a fette with just a machine rattling nothing beats a live band and a live performance..Dominica seem to have a population born to play instruments ever other person in a band or forming a band lol i always say this SLU(St.lucia) breed the artists D/a(Dominica) breed the bands ...the smaller islands seem to have that on a lock.. Antigua Dominica and St.Kitts all have the need to have live instruments in the cut.. once in a while the box might dominate but over all its the live instruments that rock the ppl the most

Wassen

I love to sing in the shower. And in general I noticed that few people who actually do this actually dream of their own rock band)) If I can hear the bases on the background of songs and words, then I just abstract from everything. I realized that I needed - I switched to https://foxmusician.com/best-drum-practice-pad/ and decided to select a whole list of models that I liked by drum settings. From now on, this will be my favorite hobby. Once the soul asks, you need to perform. I advise

Gruzers

I want to do something nice for my daughter and ordered her an excellent electronic drum kit, as she loves to play the drums very much, she even graduated from special courses. I chose the equipment together with this site https://mycampus.umhb.edu/ICS/Acade...hange&id=b26c335b-ee00-493f-a7d0-b4827a2a4b98 here they know a lot about such things, and I did not regret that I turned here. The price is good, and the quality of the drums is super, my daughter is delighted.