The Hector Ricketts Story(Dollar Van entrepreneur)

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
Big up Dollar Vans though.... I remember back in the days before the Metrocard Gold came out, i used to prefer the vans than the bus... but after the metrocard gold and the free transfers, i stop taking dollar vans

and during the bus strike and sandy, they came in handy

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Big up Dollar Vans though.... I remember back in the days before the Metrocard Gold came out, i used to prefer the vans than the bus... but after the metrocard gold and the free transfers, i stop using the dollar vans
Exactly! I used to take dollar vans in Queens. But, after the free mta transfer, I couldn't bring myself to keep taking them. Also, about that time, I didn't need to go to those places as much anymore.

I didn't watch the whole thing so maybe they said this but- I think that part of the reason for the popularity is that we take similar buses back home. I have taken minivans in Jamaica, maxi taxis in TnT and something similar in St. Lucia. I have even taken tro tros in Africa. They were a welcome site on the streets of New York. LOL.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
Exactly! I used to take dollar vans in Queens. But, after the free mta transfer, I couldn't bring myself to keep taking them. Also, about that time, I didn't need to go to those places as much anymore.

I didn't watch the whole thing so maybe they said this but- I think that part of the reason for the popularity is that we take similar buses back home. I have taken minivans in Jamaica, maxi taxis in TnT and something similar in St. Lucia. I have even taken tro tros in Africa. They were a welcome site on the streets of New York. LOL.

Una Clarke made that point in the video...