The republicans continue to show how demented they are..

Oneshot

where de crix
probably represent conservative states
Yep they are.

But there is more behind the vote

ban on assault weapons = 40 votes
block sales of high capacity clips = 46

proposal to carry conceal weapons = 57

The entire policy/vote is a false debate. All smoke and mirrors, criminals dont perform background checks, two glocks can still do massive damage.

If they were serious about helping America, they would concentrate on supporting families.

bhalistix

It is I
Yep they are.

But there is more behind the vote

ban on assault weapons = 40 votes
block sales of high capacity clips = 46

proposal to carry conceal weapons = 57

The entire policy/vote is a false debate. All smoke and mirrors, criminals dont perform background checks, two glocks can still do massive damage.

If they were serious about helping America, they would concentrate on supporting families.
sounds like a repub talking head........ do you have an original perspective on any issue...... PS: silly argument though..

Oneshot

where de crix
sounds like a repub talking head........ do you have an original perspective on any issue...... PS: silly argument though..
it is not a silly argument, it is asking what is the weight in passing new laws? why is no one questioning the state of mental health care in CT?

bhalistix

It is I
Let me ask you a simple question : Do you think background checks will stop criminals from getting guns ?
no single law can stop any criminal from doing anything, but you take one law and add it to another and another and before you know it you haven't eliminate every criminal but you have made it just a little more difficult for a would be criminal, maybe enough to differ his intent.

iF i buy you guys logic we should remove say the drunk driving law from the books, because the law wont/havent stop any one from driving drunk.

bhalistix

It is I
you know what put the whole gun debate aside for a second, more that anything AMERICA needs this law to pass. We are at a period where every single branch of government is failing AMERICA. The executive, legislative (congress and senate) are all stuck in partisan bickering and the country is slowing going down, DIVIDED. This is something AMERICA as a whole wanted/needed, for once we needed dems and rebups to come together, just this once, work for AMERICA instead the repubs FUKKKKKKED this up.... if you can't vote for something all of america wants what can you vote for....

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
Let me ask you a simple question : Do you think background checks will stop criminals from getting guns ?
Dumb question.

Should we do away with the speed limit, because ppl will drive like a bat outta hell?

Should there not be no health codes to adhere to when restaurants are preparing/handling your food, because they gonna scratch they ass, pick dem nose and rub the bottom of their shoes on your steak?

How about doing away with licensing and registration of vehicles, because someone will hit your car and probably drive off anyway.

How about do away with the age limit for purchasing alcohol, because teenagers gonna drink any way?

:polling:

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
There is no clearer evidence of who calls the shots in Washington.
90% of Americans in several polls support background checks.

Oneshot

where de crix
There is no clearer evidence of who calls the shots in Washington.
90% of Americans in several polls support background checks.
that part i dont truly understand.

the dems who sided with the republicans come from republican strong holds.

if the 90% was true, wouldnt their constituents show clear support to them?