The republicans continue to show how demented they are..

Oneshot

where de crix
Dumb question.

Should we do away with the speed limit, because ppl will drive like a bat outta hell?

Should there not be no health codes to adhere to when restaurants are preparing/handling your food, because they gonna scratch they ass, pick dem nose and rub the bottom of their shoes on your steak?

How about doing away with licensing and registration of vehicles, because someone will hit your car and probably drive off anyway.

How about do away with the age limit for purchasing alcohol, because teenagers gonna drink any way?

:polling:

there is a huge difference though. this is one the federal level vs the state level. what would set up the base for the argument, is if there was clear proof that guns were being bought by criminals from legitimate retailers, without following appropriate guidelines.

These laws are not addressing the key issue about the secondary market, and moreover, why Americans are so violent, there is a high incidence of mental health issues amongst those people are locked up. Is the case that our current society is churning out mad people?

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
and what about the 40 odd republicans ?? clearly that is not the case. either the survey is improperly conducted, or the feedback loop between electing representatives and voters is broken.
Its not one survey.
The NRA is very powerful.
It takes money to win elections.

bhalistix

It is I
there is a huge difference though. this is one the federal level vs the state level. what would set up the base for the argument, is if there was clear proof that guns were being bought by criminals from legitimate retailers, without following appropriate guidelines.

These laws are not addressing the key issue about the secondary market, and moreover, why Americans are so violent, there is a high incidence of mental health issues amongst those people are locked up. Is the case that our current society is churning out mad people?

Dude when will you stop just regurgitating the republican talking points like some damn parrot. WHY the hell do you insist on talking about mental health issues? We are address the access to gun issue for sane and insane people, why the hell do you insist on talking about only the insane people.

bhalistix

It is I
and what about the 40 odd republicans ?? clearly that is not the case. either the survey is improperly conducted, or the feedback loop between electing representatives and voters is broken.

every single survey conducted put the percentage about the same area but the survey have to be broken right, that what makes the most sense to you. Oh could it be the you republican party is in the pocket of the NRA and they wouldn't dare go against them...

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
come on George,
Do you think any of these people want to go up against the NRA in the next election?

This vote was about self preservation. They know the American public is stupid and easily influenced.

Congress has an approval rating of about 12% for the past 3 years. Do you want to take a stab at what percentage of them were re-elected last election?

Oneshot

where de crix
Dude when will you stop just regurgitating the republican talking points like some damn parrot. WHY the hell do you insist on talking about mental health issues? We are address the access to gun issue for sane and insane people, why the hell do you insist on talking about only the insane people.
I am saying there are more people out there, walking the streets, than we care to admit. I dont mean, the "clinically ill". Talking about those kids and adults who wont sweat it to buss a cap in their neighbour over a pair timbs, or that dude who pops his baby in a microwave so he can play his Xbox.

dedetriniking

you know what put the whole gun debate aside for a second, more that anything AMERICA needs this law to pass. We are at a period where every single branch of government is failing AMERICA. The executive, legislative (congress and senate) are all stuck in partisan bickering and the country is slowing going down, DIVIDED. The is something AMERICA as a whole wanted, for once we need dems and rebups to come together, just this once, work for AMERICA instead the repubs FUKKKKKKED this up.... if you can't vote for something all of america wants what can you vote for....
Excellent point! Send a signal to the public that you are willing to get together to give them what they want.....this one time....since so much of the population wants it.

I'm afraid that the legislature will be locked in paralysis for the couple of years at least.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
Excellent point! Send a signal to the public that you are willing to get together to give them what they want.....this one time....since so much of the population wants it.

I'm afraid that the legislature will be locked in paralysis for the couple of years at least.
What do you think will occur in a couple of years?
Apart from both sides becoming more entrenched in ideological positions.

dedetriniking

What do you think will occur in a couple of years?
Apart from both sides becoming more entrenched in ideological positions.
I don't see anything getting done in a bi-partisan way...zero...zilch. The president will use executive orders to get some things done but in terms of big legislative deals involving bi-partisanship in congress....not happening.

Those republicans are not a compromising bunch. Too many hard-liners and activists on the right in congress these days.

We'll just have to look to the 2014 elections to see what that brings.

bhalistix

It is I
I am saying there are more people out there, walking the streets, than we care to admit. I dont mean, the "clinically ill". Talking about those kids and adults who wont sweat it to buss a cap in their neighbour over a pair timbs, or that dude who pops his baby in a microwave so he can play his Xbox.
yeah and what does that have to do with the issue at hand..

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
Dumb question.

Should we do away with the speed limit, because ppl will drive like a bat outta hell?

Should there not be no health codes to adhere to when restaurants are preparing/handling your food, because they gonna scratch they ass, pick dem nose and rub the bottom of their shoes on your steak?

How about doing away with licensing and registration of vehicles, because someone will hit your car and probably drive off anyway.

How about do away with the age limit for purchasing alcohol, because teenagers gonna drink any way?

:polling:
Personally I don’t have a problem with background checks, but we add all these so call laws to stop criminals from getting guns and it don’t work. We need to enforce to rules we have no and stiffen the sentence for breaking the rules

Richard Laws :

Have ah gun = 15 years in jail, no early release

Robbery with ah gun = 20 years

Murder = life or death penalty

Trafficking gun = 25 years

Shoot someone “non-lethal “= 25 years

Bring ah gun to school “kids “= 5 years in Jail if the gun legal, 15 years if it’s illegal for the parents

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
Chink mention drivers license: why is it BloomGirl and his gang blocking, Legal GUN owners from traveling to all 50 states with their license gun?

bhalistix

It is I
<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc809cad" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=51580729&width=420&height=245" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc809cad" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=51580729&width=420&height=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit NBCNews.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.nbcnews.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

Essential Flower

(((Natural creation)))
Selfish republicans. looking at the tears in the eyes of those parents who have lost their little cuties of Sandy Hook and the sadness on the president's face when I saw the news this morning it just galls me. The shame and disgust to think that they (Repubs) always talk about having the people of America interest at heart and now to do this!!!!! It seems all that saying is for political mileage. Why not come together with the democrats for once and pass this law. Are they so concerned about losing a few votes come next election if they agree that the interest of their fellow men just being thrown out the window?
I like to stay behind the scene at times when it comes to politicians, but had to make an exception this time because of the obvious backwardness going on in that country with a bunch heartless folks. :(

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
Selfish republicans. looking at the tears in the eyes of those parents who have lost their little cuties of Sandy Hook and the sadness on the president's face when I saw the news this morning it just galls me. The shame and disgust to think that they (Repubs) always talk about having the people of America interest at heart and now to do this!!!!! It seems all that saying is for political mileage. Why not come together with the democrats for once and pass this law. Are they so concerned about losing a few votes come next election if they agree that the interest of their fellow men just being thrown out the window?
I like to stay behind the scene at times when it comes to politicians, but had to make an exception this time because of the obvious backwardness going on in that country with a bunch heartless folks. :(
So what about de 4 DemoRATS who didn't vote with the party ... You guys are quick to call Republicans heartless and give the other party ah pass

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Also, if a child commits a gun-crime, the parents/guardians serve time in addition to the child.

I know it sounds crazy but if there were betters laws in the country, there would be less crime.

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
Also, if a child commits a gun-crime, the parents/guardians serve time in addition to the child.

I know it sounds crazy but if there were betters laws in the country, there would be less crime.
I agree with you 100% providing they own the gun. As you know there are some clueless people who don’t know what their child is doing