THE ROAD MARCH WINNER OF THE 2019 T&T CARNIVAL Is FAMALAY

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
BREAKING NEWS: FAMALAY BY Gamal Doyle/SKINNY FABULOUS, MACHEL MONTANO AND BUNJI GARLIN HAS WON THE ROAD MARCH TITLE OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO.

THIS IS GROUNDBREAKING AND HISTORICAL IN THREE IMPORTANT/SIGNIFICANT WAYS.

1. IT IS THE FIRST TIME THAT A NON TRINIDADIAN HAS WON THE ROAD MARCH TITLE.
2. IT IS THE FIRST TIME THAT THREE ARTISTS HAVE COLLABORATED AND WON THE ROAD MARCH TITLE.
3. IT IS THE FIRST TIME A BOUYAN SOCA TRACK HAS EVER WON THE ROAD MARCH TITLE OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE THREE ARTISTS MENTIONED. AND OF COURSE, CONGRATULATIONS TO DadaMusic Lawrence AND DJ INTERNATIONAL STEVEN FOR PRODUCING THE WINNING TRACK.

CONGRATS TO ALL THE PLAYERS INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS MONSTER CARNIVAL HIT.

I THINK THIS TRACK IS GOING TO BE GROUNDBREAKING IN SEVERAL OTHER FRONTS, BUT I WILL TALK ABOUT IT IN ANOTHER POST.

AGAIN, CONGRATS TO ALL.

VINCY ME SEY!!

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
1. IT IS THE FIRST TIME THAT A NON TRINIDADIAN HAS WON THE ROAD MARCH TITLE.
Not entirely true.

In 1955 a German pop song called ""Happy Wanderer" by the Obernkirchen Children's Choir won the T&T road march.

And in fact there was so much of a furore back in 1955 after the road march result was announced that it led to the rules of the road march being changed to state that only local songs featuring local T&T singers can qualify to win the T&T road march.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Not entirely true.

In 1955 a German pop song called ""Happy Wanderer" by the Obernkirchen Children's Choir won the T&T road march.

And in fact there was so much of a furore back in 1955 after the road march result was announced that it led to the rules of the road march being changed to state that only local songs featuring local T&T singers can qualify to win the T&T road march.
This song was the ROADMARCH WINNER of Trinidad in 1955??

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j_QJi7wVENE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No songs were released in 1955??

Anyhow, I am not even going TO WASTE TIME with that DISTRACTION, because I know it was in 1975 when SHORT SHIRT'S SONG "TOURIST LEGGO" RULED the ROAD IN TRINIDAD led to the changing of the rules.

That said, like I always tell aryo, VINCIES R the GROUNDBREAKERS, THE TRENDSETTERS and INNOVATORS of this SOCA INDUSTRY.

BIG UP TO MACHEL and BUNJI same way

SKINNY FABULOUS, U R A GROUNDBREAKER and HISTORY MAKER. BIG UP AND RESPECT.

VINCY ME SEY.

YUHHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEE

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
This song was the ROADMARCH WINNER of Trinidad in 1955??

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j_QJi7wVENE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No songs were released in 1955??

Anyhow, I am not even going TO WASTE TIME with that DISTRACTION, because I know it was in 1975 when SHORT SHIRT'S SONG "TOURIST LEGGO" RULED the ROAD IN TRINIDAD led to the changing of the rules.

That said, like I always tell aryo, VINCIES R the GROUNDBREAKERS, THE TRENDSETTERS and INNOVATORS of this SOCA INDUSTRY.

BIG UP TO MACHEL and BUNJI same way

SKINNY FABULOUS, U R A GROUNDBREAKER and HISTORY MAKER. BIG UP AND RESPECT.

VINCY ME SEY.

YUHHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEE
Yes many calypsos were released for T&T Carnival 1955 as they have been for almost every Carnival from the 1920's after the end of World War One.

For your information the rules restricting foreign tunes from being eligible for being in the T&T road march race were definitely introduced in 1955 and not in the 1970's.

Back in the 1950's when steelbands were a relatively new exciting and rapidly growing music artform, steelbands ruled the streets during T&T Carnival and in addition to popular Calypsos many steelbands also played popular pop songs to a calypso beat with local arrangements of those pop songs on the road during T&T Carnival.

"Happy Wanderer" by the Obernkirchen Children's Choir happened to be one of the popular pop songs that steelbands chose to play with a calypso beat on the road during the 1955 T&T Carnival and was so popular that it ended up winning the 1955 T&T road march.

Below is a steelband version of "The Happy Wanderer" by one of the top T&T steelbands of the 1950's Silvertones Steel Orchestra.

Silvertones Steel Orchestra - "The Happy Wanderer" (Trinidad Carnival Road March 1955)
<iframe width="650" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bhw9l5CoZtg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also Short Shirt's song "Tourist Leggo" was not released in 1975 as you incorrectly stated. "Tourist Leggo" was actually released in July 1976 in time for Antigua's 1976 Carnival in August and it won the 1976 Antigua road march title before it also crossed over into T&T 1977 Carnival early the following year.

What happened during the T&T 1977 Carnival season was that Short Shirt's song was causing quite a stir and many folks who were not aware of the foreign song restriction already in place after what happened in 1955 made a big fuss about the possibility that an outside Calypsonian could win the prestigious T&T road march title. However when officials checked the rules they realized that a restriction on foreign songs was already in place from 1955 so Short Shirt's song was not eligible to be in the T&T road march after all.

In the end Calypso Rose deservedly took the 1977 T&T road march title and she created history as the first "official" female T&T road march champion.
The reason I use the term "official" is because ten years earlier in 1968 Calypso Rose actually clearly won the T&T Road March title with her hit song "Fire In Your Wire" which was the most popular calypso on the road that year but her song was disqualified in the end for being released for the previous year's Carnival when it was also a hit. So in 1968 Lord Kitchener ended up with the official road march title with his popular steelband hit "Miss Tourist" and Calypso Rose lost out.

Here is the original version of Calypso Rose 1967 and 1968 T&T Carnival hit that was disqualified from the 1968 T&T road march race even though it clearly was the most popular calypso on the road for the 1968 T&T Carnival.

Calypso Rose - Fire In Your Wire (1967 & 1968)
<iframe width="550" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2lNW4w9cDuo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Accompanied by The Society Playboys
Led and Arranged by Bert Inniss 1967
Composed By McCartha Lewis

And here are Ed Watson versions of two popular 1977 T&T Carnival hits "Tourist Leggo" and "More Tempo" respectively taken from his 1977 album called "This Is Music".

Ed Watson & His Brass Circle - Tourist Leggo (1977)
<iframe width="550" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tCHmeuevT40" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Album : This Is Music
Arranged By Ed Watson. 1977
Composed By Mclean Emanuel

Ed Watson & His Brass Circle - More Tempo (1977 T&T Road March)
<iframe width="550" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PJ5wCXmtmek" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Album : This Is Music
Arranged By Ed Watson. 1977
Composed By McCartha Lewis

So to summarize as I said before Skinny Fabulous is not the first foreign artist to win a T&T road march title but he can rightly claim to be the first foreign Soca artist to achieve such a feat since the German Obernkirchen Children's Choir of the 1950's were definitely not calypso or soca artists.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
So a FOOL FOOL CHOIR from Europe won the ROAD MARCH title of 1952. Whey mek it even worse, it wasn't even calypso, and you feel proud to point that OUT??

Again, Skinny Fabulous is the FIRST NON TRINIDADIAN to WIN the ROAD MARCH TITLE.

Where is SOCAPINE and all the other ACTIVE MEMBERS??

NO LOVE for SKINNY and VINCYLAND??

LOL N SMH

SOURPUSSES.

Pro where you... how you feeling Pro???

A Grenadian had to come n save ISM - how that feel?

A Vincy and a Dominican had to come and save Road March - how that feel?

Where u Pro, come n give us your usual essay, ha ha ha!

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Pro where you... how you feeling Pro???

A Grenadian had to come n save ISM - how that feel?

A Vincy and a Dominican had to come and save Road March - how that feel?

Where u Pro, come n give us your usual essay, ha ha ha!
Didn't you say the other day that you would no longer be posting here on Imix?
Why can't you be trusted to stick to any of your promises?

You ask how I feel? Well I feel very good as I always do.

Ent is allyuh self does always argue that all Trinis have some famalay connections in the other Caribbean islands and if our top soca artists were not born in the other islands then their parents were?
So what difference does it make that Skinny is sharing Road March this year with Machel who has Grenadian family connections on his Mom's side and Bunji Garlin who has St Lucian family connections? Answer is none!

Sparrow has already won the T&T road march 8 times in the past and he was born in Grenada.
Kitchener has won the T&T road march 11 times and VP claims that Kitchener was born in Grenada though Kitch has always stated while he was alive that he was born in Arima.

I feel no different now to how I've always felt which is very proud to be Trini and from the most inclusive, diverse and least insular of all the Caribbean islands where everyone from the rest of the Caribbean has a chance to come and make a great success of their life!

Both Mr Killa and Skinny Fabulous now view themselves as honorary Trinis as they indicated in recent interviews because of how much love and support they have received in T&T over the years.

Some of you guys here on Imix think in such an insular and small-minded way that you expected me to be vex about something. Well sorry to disappoint all ah allyuh but I am even more proud now to be Trini than ever before because of how open-minded and inclusive my country is proving to be.
T&T leaders of the movement for more Caribbean unity and less insularity!

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
So a FOOL FOOL CHOIR from Europe won the ROAD MARCH title of 1952. Whey mek it even worse, it wasn't even calypso, and you feel proud to point that OUT??

Again, Skinny Fabulous is the FIRST NON TRINIDADIAN to WIN the ROAD MARCH TITLE.

Where is SOCAPINE and all the other ACTIVE MEMBERS??

NO LOVE for SKINNY and VINCYLAND??

LOL N SMH

SOURPUSSES.
The Obernkirchen Children's Choir from German whose song "Happy Wanderer" won the T&T Road March in 1955 and not in 1952 as you stated were no fool fool choir as you describe them.
Many of original members of the choir were World War 2 orphans who got the golden opportunity to travel the world touring and making a good living because of the international success of that hit song.
Versions of "Happy Wanderer" were remade in almost every European language including English after the original German language version became a hit. The Obernkirchen Children's Choir recorded several albums following the success of their international hit "Happy Wanderer" and made two appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show in America which was the number one variety show on American television for over two decades.

And maybe you didn't read my previous reply to you properly but I explained to you that in the 1950's before St Vincent had any form of music recording tradition or industry the calypsonians recording annually in T&T were fewer in number than in the 1960's & 1970's and were mainly the most successful ones like Roaring Lion, King Radio, Growling Tiger, Lord Melody, Kitchener, etc, who were making good money from touring, as it was relatively more expensive back then for Calypsonians in Trinidad to record.

Also back in the 1950's when steelbands were a relatively new exciting and rapidly growing music artform, steelbands ruled the streets during T&T Carnival celebrations and in addition to them playing popular Calypsos of the day it was also fashionable for them to play international pop songs to a calypso beat that they knew the public as well as visiting tourists were familiar with and would really enjoy hearing on the road.

"Happy Wanderer" by the Obernkirchen Children's Choir happened to be one of the popular pop songs that steelbands chose to play with a calypso beat on the road during the 1955 T&T Carnival and was so popular that it ended up winning the 1955 T&T road march.

Here is an English language version of "The Happy Wanderer" that was more popular on the radio in T&T and in most English speaking countries than the original German language version.

Obernkirchen Children's Choir - "The Happy Wanderer" (with Lyrics)
<iframe width="550" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5GgJHe0bC34" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And below is a steelband version of "The Happy Wanderer" played to a calypso beat and tempo by one of the top T&T steelbands of the 1950's Silvertones Steel Orchestra. This is how it would have been played on the streets of T&T on Carnival Monday and Tuesday in 1955 rather than in the European style of original song.

Silvertones Steel Orchestra - "The Happy Wanderer" (Trinidad Carnival Road March 1955)
<iframe width="650" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bhw9l5CoZtg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So to summarize Skinny Fabulous is not the first foreign artist/group to win a road march title in T&T; that particular honour went to the Obernkirchen Children's Choir of Germany in 1955.

Regarding the first foreign born T&T national to win a T&T road march title that honour went to the Mighty Sparrow in 1956 when he won the road march title with "Jean & Dinah" to launch his highly successful career as the World's number one Calypsonian.

Skinny Fabulous can lay claim to be the 2nd non-T&T national to win a T&T road march title after the German Obernkirchen Children's Choir in 1955 and also the 1st modern day soca artist from outside of T&T to do so. However we should not lose sight of the fact that Skinny won the road march title alongside Machel and Bunji and without them the song would not have qualified to be in the road march race and Machel would have concentrated on promoting "Release" or one of his other power songs as his official road march contender and that song would probably have won the 2019 T&T road march title instead.

Didn't you say the other day that you would no longer be posting here on Imix?
Why can't you be trusted to stick to any of your promises?

You ask how I feel? Well I feel very good as I always do.

Ent is allyuh self does always argue that all Trinis have some famalay connections in the other Caribbean islands and if our top soca artists were not born in the other islands then their parents were?
So what difference does it make that Skinny is sharing Road March this year with Machel who has Grenadian family connections on his Mom's side and Bunji Garlin who has St Lucian family connections? Answer is none!

Sparrow has already won the T&T road march 8 times in the past and he was born in Grenada.
Kitchener has won the T&T road march 11 times and VP claims that Kitchener was born in Grenada though Kitch has always stated while he was alive that he was born in Arima.

I feel no different now to how I've always felt which is very proud to be Trini and from the most inclusive, diverse and least insular of all the Caribbean islands where everyone from the rest of the Caribbean has a chance to come and make a great success of their life!

Both Mr Killa and Skinny Fabulous now view themselves as honorary Trinis as they indicated in recent interviews because of how much love and support they have received in T&T over the years.

Some of you guys here on Imix think in such an insular and small-minded way that you expected me to be vex about something. Well sorry to disappoint all ah allyuh but I am even more proud now to be Trini than ever before because of how open-minded and inclusive my country is proving to be.
T&T leaders of the movement for more Caribbean unity and less insularity!
So you feel I need ur permission to post here now?

You spent your life on here trying to deny the obvious island influence on soca - trying to claim every island's unique sound as 'Trini Soca elements'.

Look now a Jab take ISM and a Bouyon take road march - I know it must be bunnin you, lol.

At least now you have no choice but to accept the reality that soca is Caribbean music and all the islands are pretty much equal in the bigger scheme of things. Your Trini superiority argument died with 2019, lol

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
So you feel I need ur permission to post here now?

You spent your life on here trying to deny the obvious island influence on soca - trying to claim every island's unique sound as 'Trini Soca elements'.

Look now a Jab take ISM and a Bouyon take road march - I know it must be bunnin you, lol.

At least now you have no choice but to accept the reality that soca is Caribbean music and all the islands are pretty much equal in the bigger scheme of things. Your Trini superiority argument died with 2019, lol
I was not the one who promised to stop posting here on Imix, you did. I never argued anywhere on Imix that you need my permission to post. I simply pointed out that you can't be taken seriously once again.

Everything I have argued on here over the years is about correcting misinformation and nancy stories and pointing out and providing facts backed by solid evidence rather than hearsay.
It's only because you have insecurities that you interpret me pointing out facts about the history of Soca music as Trini superiority.

Regarding me accepting the reality that soca is Caribbean music I already pointed that fact out years ago. Reality is that once Soca had spread from Trinidad to the other islands by the late 1970's to early 1980's it became Caribbean music much like how Calypso had also done before Soca came along.

In a similar manner Reggae and Dancehall is also Caribbean music but that does not change the facts about where and how Reggae and Dancehall originated in Jamaica.
Similarly Soca being spread throughout most of the Caribbean islands by the late 1970's to early 1980's does not change the facts and history of where and how it originated in Trinidad.

Note that I was the one who first posted a video interview here on Imix many years ago of Machel Montano stating that Soca is no long just the Soul of Calypso as it was originally defined by Lord Shorty but has spread and grown enough to become the Sound of the Caribbean. MM understands that in order for Soca music to make it commercially as a music genre it needs the support of the entire Caribbean and to achieve that goal unity is required as there is always more strength in numbers.

Finally your desperation for something to "bun" me about the 2019 ISM and T&T Road March results is laughable and you are projecting your small-minded way of thinking onto others once again.

A Trini born producer produced the Planet Jab Riddim at his studio in T&T and the riddim was released especially for T&T Carnival 2019 so why should it bun me because Mr Killa had the best song on the riddim and justifiably won the ISM Power Soca Final after clearly putting down the best presentation and performance?
I know Mr Killa personally from since his Baby Killa days when he was trying to be a dancehall artist and I am very happy for his success which is well deserved as he sacrificed and worked hard for it over the years.

In addition the song "Famalay" would not be the big hit that it currently is if MM and Bunji were not also singing on it nor would it have qualified to be in the T&T road march race without them being on it based on the T&T road march rules. So why would it bun me when the success of "Famalay" also means another title and more bookings for both MM and Bunji in addition to Skinny?

You seriously need to stop projecting your insecurities onto me, I am very happy for all the artists and producers involved with both of those hit songs "Run Wid It" and "Famalay".
Well done to all of them and I will continue being very proud to be Trini regards of what you do, say or think.

Is you we can't take seriously, not until you learn to give credit where it is due.

We have literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of posts in threads of you refusing to give the islands their dues. Always trying to claim the unique island sounds as 'Trini Soca Elements'. Even now you trying to claim soca spread from Trini, when the reality is all the islands influenced each other - just like they doing now.

Remember when you claim the Antigua rythmic structure originated in Trini? Then I asked you to give me a Trini soca with the rythmic structure of the old school burning flames style, predating any Antiguan songs - up to now??? You post how much ting about steel pan and iron to try and distract, but nothing featuring the specific rythmic structure.

Now these same unique sounds dominate Trini this year - Specifically Jab and Bouyon.

In reality, it has always been an equal trade of sounds just like what we just witnesssed. Power soca (which was the original riddim box style of the late 80s), for example, as a concept was born in the North (Antigua, VI etc), then it was modified by us then adopted by Trini/Barbados etc. Now history is repeating itself Bouyon, Jab, Denery, Zouk, I even see a VI/St Kitts style ridim making the rounds this year.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Is you we can't take seriously, not until you learn to give credit where it is due.

We have literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of posts in threads of you refusing to give the islands their dues. Always trying to claim the unique island sounds as 'Trini Soca Elements'. Even now you trying to claim soca spread from Trini, when the reality is all the islands influenced each other - just like they doing now.

Remember when you claim the Antigua rythmic structure originated in Trini? Then I asked you to give me a Trini soca with the rythmic structure of the old school burning flames style, predating any Antiguan songs - up to now??? You post how much ting about steel pan and iron to try and distract, but nothing featuring the specific rythmic structure.

Now these same unique sounds dominate Trini this year - Specifically Jab and Bouyon.

In reality, it has always been an equal trade of sounds just like what we just witnesssed. Power soca (which was the original riddim box style of the late 80s), for example, as a concept was born in the North (Antigua, VI etc), then it was modified by us then adopted by Trini/Barbados etc. Now history is repeating itself Bouyon, Jab, Denery, Zouk, I even see a VI/St Kitts style ridim making the rounds this year.
I feel yuh have reading comprehension problems or you just totally ignored some of what I said in my previous post but I am sure I pointed out to you that it was a Trini born producer who produced the Planet Jab Riddim (that Mr Killa is on) at his studio in T&T and the riddim was produced and released especially for T&T Carnival 2019. T&T artists and producers have been regularly fusing Jab riddims with soca since the late 1970's when an artist called Penguin recorded a hit song called "Look The Devil Dey". In fact computerized Jab riddims can be viewed as an integral part of Power Soca which we can trace back to hits like "Jab Jab" and "Jab Molassie" by Superblue from the early 1990's.

I can't remember if it was yourself or some other Dominican but I am sure I that one of you'll started a thread here on Imix arguing that Jab Soca was just an inferior copy of Bouyon using the conch shell sound.

Also don't get too carried away from reality about Bouyon domination. This year over 800 songs were released for T&T Carnival and only one Bouyon Soca song "Famalay" was a major hit so I don't view that as any form of bouyon domination of T&T Soca music this year. Many of the T&T soca artists went back to basics this year with brass and live instruments in their music which is more of a 1990's and early 2000's T&T style soca sound.
Kes' "Savannah Grass" and Swappi's "Party Start" which came 2nd and 3rd in the T&T road march race this year are good examples of the back to basics soca sound that definitely came back into mode this year for T&T Carnival 2019 and that is now the current dominant sound and not Bouyon or even Jab.
Some of you folks here tend to get carried away from reality so easily.

You are always desperately trying to justify your insular way of thinking by projecting it onto others.
You can make up and twist all the stories you want without actually quoting any of my posts because that is what you have a talent for doing, making up and twisting stuff to fit your warped insular mind in order to have a pointless time wasting argument.

As I already said everything I have argued on here over the years is factual stuff that has been backed by evidence of music recordings so you need to learn to respect that rather than spending so much of your time trying to present me as another insular person much like yourself because you are looking for company.

Try to get a life....and stop worrying about me so much and projecting and it may do you some good mentally.

I feel yuh have reading comprehension problems or you just totally ignored some of what I said in my previous post but I am sure I pointed out to you that it was a Trini born producer who produced the Planet Jab Riddim (that Mr Killa is on) at his studio in T&T and the riddim was produced and released especially for T&T Carnival 2019. T&T artists and producers have been regularly fusing Jab riddims with soca since the late 1970's when an artist called Penguin recorded a hit song called "Look The Devil Dey". In fact computerized Jab riddims can be viewed as an integral part of Power Soca which we can trace back to hits like "Jab Jab" and "Jab Molassie" by Superblue from the early 1990's.

I can't remember if it was yourself or some other Dominican but I am sure I that one of you'll started a thread here on Imix arguing that Jab Soca was just an inferior copy of Bouyon using the conch shell sound.

Also don't get too carried away from reality about Bouyon domination. This year over 800 songs were released for T&T Carnival and only one Bouyon Soca song "Famalay" was a major hit so I don't view that as any form of bouyon domination of T&T Soca music this year. Many of the T&T soca artists went back to basics this year with brass and live instruments in their music which is more of a 1990's and early 2000's T&T style soca sound.
Kes' "Savannah Grass" and Swappi's "Party Start" which came 2nd and 3rd in the T&T road march race this year are good examples of the back to basics soca sound that definitely came back into mode this year for T&T Carnival 2019 and that is now the current dominant sound and not Bouyon or even Jab.
Some of you folks here tend to get carried away from reality so easily.

You are always desperately trying to justify your insular way of thinking by projecting it onto others.
You can make up and twist all the stories you want without actually quoting any of my posts because that is what you have a talent for doing, making up and twisting stuff to fit your warped insular mind in order to have a pointless time wasting argument.

As I already said everything I have argued on here over the years is factual stuff that has been backed by evidence of music recordings so you need to learn to respect that rather than spending so much of your time trying to present me as another insular person much like yourself because you are looking for company.

Try to get a life....and stop worrying about me so much and projecting and it may do you some good mentally.
Not sure if you understand what the word 'Domination' means but:

ISM - Jab (Grenadian & Trini)

Road March - Bouyon (Vincy, Dominican & Trini)

by winning these titles, they dominated over the others.

Pro, stop being so insular, learn to accept we all need each other, we always have.

And I'm not worried about you. I just enjoy taunting you sometimes as its easy to generate a reaction from you and provide some much needed entertainment for our imix colleagues - lmao

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Not sure if you understand what the word 'Domination' means but:

ISM - Jab (Grenadian & Trini)

Road March - Bouyon (Vincy, Dominican & Trini)

by winning these titles, they dominated over the others.

Pro, stop being so insular, learn to accept we all need each other, we always have.

And I'm not worried about you. I just enjoy taunting you sometimes as its easy to generate a reaction from you and provide some much needed entertainment for our imix colleagues - lmao
Domination is not one song in over 800 doing well and mainly because a dominate force in Soca called Machel Montano was involved. Sorry but your definition of domination is flawed and simply based on an unbalanced view of reality.

And in regards to insularity, I am probably one of the least insular persons you interact with on cyberspace and you don't even realize it.

I was the first event promoter based in London to start doing a weekly soca rave in the late 1990's called "Represent Yuh Country Colours" which bigged-up all Caribbean countries in addition to my own and where every Caribbean country flag was always displayed around the venue. It was after attending one of my events that the management of Flagz Soca Party had the idea to do something similar when they launched their event at Club Xcelsior in south London.

Also for your information I established my DJing career playing a wide range of tropical music styles at a venue called the Mamo Inn in Brixton from the mid-1990's that was one of the first multicultural music venues in London that featured an Urban music floor, a Tropical floor, a Salsa floor and a Samba floor. I was the resident DJ on the Tropical floor where I would regularly play a wide mixture of tropical music styles from Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean.

In fact it was partly due to years of playing at that Mamo Inn to folks of all nationalities and keeping them dancing all night long on the Tropical floor that inspired me to develop my idea for launching my own more soca oriented event called "Represent Yuh Country Colours" where folks were encouraged to walk with their country flags and DJ's playing at my event were encouraged to play music from the various countries of those who were representing in their country colours on the dance floor.

Everything you feel you are doing in regards to taunting me is simply in your own childish imagination.
The only reason I actually post here on Imix is to educate those who don't know any better and make wrong assumptions about the history and evolution of Soca music which I have been following and researching about since I started collecting soca music in the early 1980's.

I have come to the realization that because I know so much on the topic of Soca I tend to get some folks here on Imix with big egos a bit jealous or upset because I sometimes burst their bubble with facts on the history of the music backed by the hard evidence of music recordings.

Domination is not one song in over 800 doing well and mainly because a dominate force in Soca called Machel Montano was involved. Sorry but your definition of domination is flawed and simply based on an unbalanced view of reality.

And in regards to insularity, I am probably one of the least insular persons you interact with on cyberspace and you don't even realize it.

I was the first event promoter based in London to start doing a weekly soca rave in the late 1990's called "Represent Yuh Country Colours" which bigged-up all Caribbean countries in addition to my own and where every Caribbean country flag was always displayed around the venue. It was after attending one of my events that the management of Flagz Soca Party had the idea to do something similar when they launched their event at Club Xcelsior in south London.

Also for your information I established my DJing career playing a wide range of tropical music styles at a venue called the Mamo Inn in Brixton from the mid-1990's that was one of the first multicultural music venues in London that featured an Urban music floor, a Tropical floor, a Salsa floor and a Samba floor. I was the resident DJ on the Tropical floor where I would regularly play a wide mixture of tropical music styles from Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean.

In fact it was partly due to years of playing at that Mamo Inn to folks of all nationalities and keeping them dancing all night long on the Tropical floor that inspired me to develop my idea for launching my own more soca oriented event called "Represent Yuh Country Colours" where folks were encouraged to walk with their country flags and DJ's playing at my event were encouraged to play music from the various countries of those who were representing in their country colours on the dance floor.

Everything you feel you are doing in regards to taunting me is simply in your own childish imagination.
The only reason I actually post here on Imix is to educate those who don't know any better and make wrong assumptions about the history and evolution of Soca music which I have been following and researching about since I started collecting soca music in the early 1980's.

I have come to the realization that because I know so much on the topic of Soca I tend to get some folks here on Imix with big egos a bit jealous or upset because I sometimes burst their bubble with facts on the history of the music backed by the hard evidence of music recordings.
Should we buy you a dictionary? The fact that two songs did well out of over 800 - is the very DEFINITION of domination, regardless of the reason behind it.

Are you suggesting that famalay's success was undeserved? Trying to understand what you mean by "because a dominate force in Soca called Machel Montano was involved" is that disrespect towards the King coming from you?

As for the rest, I have no way of verifying the information you are claiming from 20 years ago.

It's hard to believe that someone who has made a reputation for himself from refusing to give the islands their dues for their respective contributions to caribbean music, trying to claim that everything originated in Trini as 'education' - would qualify as "one of the least insular persons you interact with on cyberspace".

I'm not sure you understand the definitions of the words you are using.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Should we buy you a dictionary? The fact that two songs did well out of over 800 - is the very DEFINITION of domination, regardless of the reason behind it.

Are you suggesting that famalay's success was undeserved? Trying to understand what you mean by "because a dominate force in Soca called Machel Montano was involved" is that disrespect towards the King coming from you?
Regards your supposed Bouyon Domination theory we are talking about just one song "Famalay" that did well. The other song that did well by Mr Killa is a Jab Soca that was produced in Trinidad for T&T Carnival 2019 by a Trini born and based producer. And as I already said Trini artists and producers have been regularly fusing Jab Molassie & Jouvert style rhythms with Soca since the late 1970's starting with an artist called Penguin in 1979.

Let me try an educate you a little even thought I know it might be an impossible task in your case.

Domination means doing something consistently as the winner over a period of time and not just a one off-occurrence. For example like how Bolt won gold medals in both the 100m and 200m Finals at 3 Olympics in a row over 12 years. And that's not even talking about the World Championships that happens every two years on either side of each Olympics at which Bolt also did the 100m/200m double over the same 12 years period. That there is the definition of what domination is all about!

A bouyon soca tune winning the T&T road march on one occasion in T&T's long Carnival history and only doing so because a dominate force in soca like Machel Montano was involved with the song is not an example of Bouyon domination of T&T Carnival in my book or anyone else's who is thinking logically.

If we had Bouyon soca tunes come 1st, 2nd and 3rd in T&T road march race and also being played by most of the steelbands in Panorama and also being the dominate soca style in most T&T soca fetes and if that pattern is repeated over 3 or more years in a row then we can start talking about Bouyon domination of T&T Carnival and not before. Anything else is just you getting carried away from reality which you are entitled to do if you wish but please don't expect logical sensible people to swallow that insular BS argument as being reality.

Also how could me acknowledging that MM has been a dominate force in Soca and in winning the T&T Road Marches over the last decade amount to me trying to diss him in anyway?
What sort of illiterate logic is that?
You must either be a total dunce to come to such a conclusion or you just enjoy playing yuh dotish.
Either way you are coming over just like the illogical child that you have proven to me you are with many of your arguments here on Imix over the years.

As for the rest, I have no way of verifying the information you are claiming from 20 years ago.

It's hard to believe that someone who has made a reputation for himself from refusing to give the islands their dues for their respective contributions to caribbean music, trying to claim that everything originated in Trini as 'education' - would qualify as "one of the least insular persons you interact with on cyberspace".

I'm not sure you understand the definitions of the words you are using.
Regards some of the information I provided about my background in Soca from over 20 years ago to now, I only posted that to educate you since you have argued on here that you know me and what my background is.
The fact that you are totally unaware of my background proves that you have been lying about knowing anything about me at all which I am not at all surprised about.

Also I never claimed anywhere on Imix or anywhere else on cyberspace that everything originated in Trini and the fact that you are trying to make such a claim without quoting any of my posts stating that, is ample proof that you are not only a habitual liar projecting whats in your imagination but also have deep insecurities about proud Trinis like myself so you feel the need to make up stuff in order to do your best to try to discredit us.

Unfortunately for you I will always call you out for your BS arguments and obvious insecurities because I am not posting here on Imix mainly for the likes and to beg for childish cyberspace friends like yourself.

Regards me not knowing the definitions of the words I use; I am fully aware of the meaning of the word "insular" which is to be:
Ignorant of or uninterested in cultures, ideas, or peoples outside one's own experience.

Since I am pretty well clued up about the history and music of most of the other Caribbean islands much more than other Caribbean folks are generally clued up about the history and music of mines, I believe that means that I am much less insular that the average Caribbean person that you are likely to meet in person or to interact with on cyberspace.

But I have come to the realization that folks like yourself who tend to think in an insular manner are always looking for company so you automatically project your mindset onto other folks because you believe that most other folks think just like yourselves. So I do understand your need to try to stereotype me as it helps you to feel more comfortable with your own insular mindset.

Regards your supposed Bouyon Domination theory we are talking about just one song "Famalay" that did well. The other song that did well by Mr Killa is a Jab Soca that was produced in Trinidad for T&T Carnival 2019 by a Trini born and based producer. And as I already said Trini artists and producers have been regularly fusing Jab Molassie & Jouvert style rhythms with Soca since the late 1970's starting with an artist called Penguin in 1979.

Let me try an educate you a little even thought I know it might be an impossible task in your case.

Domination means doing something consistently as the winner over a period of time and not just a one off-occurrence. For example like how Bolt won gold medals in both the 100m and 200m Finals at 3 Olympics in a row over 12 years. And that's not even talking about the World Championships that happens every two years on either side of each Olympics at which Bolt also did the 100m/200m double over the same 12 years period. That there is the definition of what domination is all about!

A bouyon soca tune winning the T&T road march on one occasion in T&T's long Carnival history and only doing so because a dominate force in soca like Machel Montano was involved with the song is not an example of Bouyon domination of T&T Carnival in my book or anyone else's who is thinking logically.

If we had Bouyon soca tunes come 1st, 2nd and 3rd in T&T road march race and also being played by most of the steelbands in Panorama and also being the dominate soca style in most T&T soca fetes and if that pattern is repeated over 3 or more years in a row then we can start talking about Bouyon domination of T&T Carnival and not before. Anything else is just you getting carried away from reality which you are entitled to do if you wish but please don't expect logical sensible people to swallow that insular BS argument as being reality.

Also how could me acknowledging that MM has been a dominate force in Soca and in winning the T&T Road Marches over the last decade amount to me trying to diss him in anyway?
What sort of illiterate logic is that?
You must either be a total dunce to come to such a conclusion or you just enjoy playing yuh dotish.
Either way you are coming over just like the illogical child that you have proven to me you are with many of your arguments here on Imix over the years.

Regards some of the information I provided about my background in Soca from over 20 years ago to now, I only posted that to educate you since you have argued on here that you know me and what my background is.
The fact that you are totally unaware of my background proves that you have been lying about knowing anything about me at all which I am not at all surprised about.

Also I never claimed anywhere on Imix or anywhere else on cyberspace that everything originated in Trini and the fact that you are trying to make such a claim without quoting any of my posts stating that, is ample proof that you are not only a habitual liar projecting whats in your imagination but also have deep insecurities about proud Trinis like myself so you feel the need to make up stuff in order to do your best to try to discredit us.

Unfortunately for you I will always call you out for your BS arguments and obvious insecurities because I am not posting here on Imix mainly for the likes and to beg for childish cyberspace friends like yourself.

Regards me not knowing the definitions of the words I use; I am fully aware of the meaning of the word "insular" which is to be:
Ignorant of or uninterested in cultures, ideas, or peoples outside one's own experience.

Since I am pretty well clued up about the history and music of most of the other Caribbean islands much more than other Caribbean folks are generally clued up about the history and music of mines, I believe that means that I am much less insular that the average Caribbean person that you are likely to meet in person or to interact with on cyberspace.

But I have come to the realization that folks like yourself who tend to think in an insular manner are always looking for company so you automatically project your mindset onto other folks because you believe that most other folks think just like yourselves. So I do understand your need to try to stereotype me as it helps you to feel more comfortable with your own insular mindset.

Dominate: (official definition)

To dominate is defined as to have or take control, or to get all the attention

there is no time frame reference in the official definition. Momentary or consitent, domination is domination.

You can spin it whichever way you like, the fact remains that a Jab (Grenadian & Trini) and a Bouyon (Vincy, Dominican and Trini) DOMINATED Trini Carnival this year!

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Dominate: (official definition)

To dominate is defined as to have or take control, or to get all the attention

there is no time frame reference in the official definition. Momentary or consitent, domination is domination.

You can spin it whichever way you like, the fact remains that a Jab (Grenadian & Trini) and a Bouyon (Vincy, Dominican and Trini) DOMINATED Trini Carnival this year!
You can continue living in your Fairy tale Alice in Wonderland world of Bouyon domination if that will help you to feel good about yourself.

I already explained that domination is not a one-off occurrence that only happened because of the Trini artists or producer who were involved with two songs.
Sorry but you should go into stand-up comedy with that childish illiterate domination argument of yours.

You can continue living in your Fairy tale Alice in Wonderland world of Bouyon domination if that will help you to feel good about yourself.

I already explained that domination is not a one-off occurrence that only happened because of the Trini artists or producer who were involved with two songs.
Sorry but you should go into stand-up comedy with that childish illiterate domination argument of yours.
At this point u don't even know what you trying to argue, u not making sense, lol. Resorting to childish name calling and jibs without presenting a credible argument.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
At this point u don't even know what you trying to argue, u not making sense, lol. Resorting to childish name calling and jibs without presenting a credible argument.
I already presented a very credible argument about what domination means and gave Bolt's achievements in athletics as a good example. Please don't blame me if your memory is only 5 minutes long or because you can't comprehend anything that I took time to logically outline that is more than a paragraph long.