The whole carnival culture of West Indians getting so stale, contrived and played

Out, it's basically the same thing over and over, no new ideas and music. It's so annoying to be around WI who only live for carnival, it's just not interesting anymore.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
Out, it's basically the same thing over and over, no new ideas and music. It's so annoying to be around WI who only live for carnival, it's just not interesting anymore.
Here is a simple solution,

Don't hang around WI people, I thought you were looking for fag clubs to hang out? Why you still going to WI carnivals?

robblaten

Swag is right. The same boring music and gyrating nonsense. Now the ignorant, asinine PLP government is even trying to impose Carnival in the Bahamas, to the detriment of our own unique music, culture and artists. The same was tried in Jamaica, not sure how it fared. But it represents a stale attempt to paint the whole region with one played out, repetitive brush.

If I go to Trinidad, I expect to see Carnival. After all, Trini has a Catholic heritage, which is totally alien to some of us, and a sensual tradition in its music (again, alien) and music based on steel pan (alien again). But this attempt to expand it is ridiculous and making it seem played out.

Swag is right. The same boring music and gyrating nonsense. Now the ignorant, asinine PLP government is even trying to impose Carnival in the Bahamas, to the detriment of our own unique music, culture and artists. The same was tried in Jamaica, not sure how it fared. But it represents a stale attempt to paint the whole region with one played out, repetitive brush.

If I go to Trinidad, I expect to see Carnival. After all, Trini has a Catholic heritage, which is totally alien to some of us, and a sensual tradition in its music (again, alien) and music based on steel pan (alien again). But this attempt to expand it is ridiculous and making it seem played out.
I agree was looking at Grenada carnival and it's is the same monotonous jab jab music nothing new, no creativity. It's the same crap in Trinidad.

What is "sensual" about Trini carnival? Steups yuh reaching lol

Seawall

Switch to French Caribbean music then. I left contemporary soca behind long ago. Then there's the alternative. Try living in ultra boring DC without a carnival.

Switch to French Caribbean music then. I left contemporary soca behind long ago. Then there's the alternative. Try living in ultra boring DC without a carnival.
interesting i will check it out the french caribbean stuff, wait DC is boring? i know down there is a hub for African American nightlife.

I find myself listening to most Soca and Dancehall music and not getting the feeling.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
What exactly do you want them to change? :kicks its an actual Tradition. Maybe you should try visiting another Carnival. One that isn't actually Trinidadian or Trini inspired.How many of you have traveled to Martinique for their annual Carnival? Haiti? Cuba? Colombia? I don't understand how you could get sick of something that is hardly considered a season.

What exactly do you want them to change? :kicks its an actual Tradition. Maybe you should try visiting another Carnival. One that isn't actually Trinidadian or Trini inspired.How many of you have traveled to Martinique for their annual Carnival? Haiti? Cuba? Colombia? I don't understand how you could get sick of something that is hardly considered a season.
why do you always have to be snarky and nasty when it comes to anything i say??

i know its tradition but when you think of it, they have not refined it or added anything dynamic and new over the last 20 years or so!

culture is suppose to continually be evolving and refining itself.

i was more or less talking about west indians (english).

Jamrok

jamrock
I've been saying this for years. Carnival and Soca is played out.... And people only act fake excited for it because they think its apart of their culture and that they are obligated to love it. It piss me off that they are now trying to incorporate this in Jamaican culture...smh

dedetriniking

It could be that you are just getting old or older so you should move on. Remember what's stale and repetitive and played out for you some 18, 19, 21 year old is just now immersing him/herself in it.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
Wasn't this addressed a decade plus ago?

LOL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gcgGS2NDbns" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

trinifrombx

These Bihomos , Bamsey licking fags crack me up !

You can't even afford a Bus ticket to Boston, haul u ........

I've been saying this for years. Carnival and Soca is played out.... And people only act fake excited for it because they think its apart of their culture and that they are obligated to love it. It piss me off that they are now trying to incorporate this in Jamaican culture...smh

Listen to this next lowlife !

Have no clue about his history, long time now allyuh copy wi ting and loving it from all the hype I see !

Seawall

i know its tradition but when you think of it, they have not refined it or added anything dynamic and new over the last 20 years or so!

Actually, it has been changing, but not improving.

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Do you mind starting a thread about Bahamian music and culture. I know a little but would love to learn more. It has been a while since there was a thread like that on IMIX.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?

I'm not being rude just truthful. What else do you want them to do? The music has certainly evolved and so has the technology. The competition shows are actual stage set ups. Lots has changed. You're just living immersed in it so it doesn't feel like it to you. Take Seawall's advice and try a different scene.