Tnt Have Alot Of Haters When It Comes To Our Artists And Soca

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Sugar Apple said:
My two cents

True in recent times there has been alot of threads about TnT music but i think thats because its carnival and their is alot to talk about....No I do not condone bashing of any kind....I do think people have different opinions but picking on a particular region can be a bit tiring to read....

I guess during summer when other island have carnival and Bim has Crop Over their will be threads with more on other islands music.
And that is all IT IS, but people want to take it to another EXTREME/LEVEL.

If you look at threads in 2005 around this TIME, you will FIND SIMILAR conversations.

And you will find SIMILAR conversations when VINCY MAS, CROPOVER, and ANTIGUA/GRENADA carnivals come around.

lentilpeas

go ahead like ur self
Tnt

marvel said:
I understand you more than you know. You're really just trying to big up svg every time. True patriot. I can't knock that because that's the way I feel about T&T.

TOGETHERNESS I TRY TO BRING !!!!!

babiespicegurl

cmon

lentilpeas said:
ITS FUNNY!! DOES BARBADOS HAVE SOCA OR ST KITTS,DOMINICA,ST LUCIA,ST VINCENT AND THE REST OF THE ISLANDS HAVE SOCA MUSIC OR SOME SORT OF SOCA CUZ I KNOW EACH ISLAND CALLS IT SOMETHING DIFFERENT....

CUZ NO ONE ELSE TALKS ABOUT THEM AND THEIR MUSIC, IS ONLY TRINIDAD AND AND TNT ONLY AND I MEAN MAINLY NOT JUST SOMETIMES....AND MOST OF THE TALK IS ILL TOWARDS TNT... IS EITHER" WE SING TO MUCH JUMP AND WAVE AND SHOW ME YOUS RAGS OR THERE IS NO MEANING AND SUBSTANCE TO THE MUSIC" I KNOW WE SING LIKE DAT ALOT, SO WHAT!!!!! THERE ARE OTHER ARTIST IN TNT DAT STILL SINGS CALYPSO SUCH AS CRO CRO,CHALK DUST WINSTON SO SO,SCRUNTER,SHADOW ETC AND EVEN YOUNGER ARTIST LIKE KERWIN DUBIOUS IMIJ & CO RAGGA AND MANY OTHERS... HOWEVER MY POINT IS THIS WHY ATTACK TNT 4 DAT WE ARE A CARNIAVL ISLAND WE LOVE CARNIVAL DATS WHAT WE DO WE EAT AND SLEEP IT!!!
WE DOH ATTACK OTHER PPL 'S MUSIC CONSTANTLY LIKE SOME PPL ON IMIX LEAVE ....WE MUSIC ALONE :paladin: .... BIG UP TO ALL MY TRINI NASSIVE .... WHOLE YEAR WE ONLY JUMPING
.....i like jump n wave..but alot of trini acts been soundn sda same the last 3 yrs or so..no hatin..i swear

Calor

VINCYPOWA said:
Yuh see de TYPE of UNINFORMED people that ONE has to ENDURE in this FORUM on a daily BASIS???

Mannn, this FORUM really needs people who are AUTHENTICALLY KNOWLEDGEABLE about SOCA MUSIC, and its HISTORY, instead of these PRETENDERS that tend to POST in this forum.

One can NEVER learn anything when you have these TYPES of POSTERS.

These posters should only PARTICIPATE in threads like "what is your favorite soca song", "what are your top 5 songs for 2006"...etc etc.

When it comes to SERIOUS topics, they should just OBSERVE and let KNOWLEDGEABLE people PARTAKE in the DISCOURSE.
:rofl:

dedetriniking

marvel said:
I understand you more than you know. You're really just trying to big up svg every time. True patriot. I can't knock that because that's the way I feel about T&T.
...and then there is always the issue of the upstarts trying to dethrone the king. It is universal...not only in soca music. This Vincy fella must sometimes feel like he's shouting in the wilderness but he still tries. Anyway I new here and although I fully recognize that much good soca music is coming from a multitude of places in the caribbean these days t&t still stands alone. This fella does talk about jump and wave as it that's all the kinda music tnt does put out.

Tnt does put out music for pan, music for j'ouvert, social commentary music, music for jump and wave and then there is the trini rhythmn section (my favourite). So whilst Vincy could pull he hair out trying to compare the music scene in his home land to tnt, it really is an excercise in futility. Yeah very good soca music comes from many islands but only one island gives you the full array...one island sets the bar...one island leads the way in this culture.

So vincy yuh could pull out all the vincy pumpkin vine families of arrangers in tnt yuh want the fact remains that tnt was and will always be the leader in the thing.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
dedetriniking said:
...and then there is always the issue of the upstarts trying to dethrone the king. It is universal...not only in soca music. This Vincy fella must sometimes feel like he's shouting in the wilderness but he still tries. Anyway I new here and although I fully recognize that much good soca music is coming from a multitude of places in the caribbean these days t&t still stands alone. This fella does talk about jump and wave as it that's all the kinda music tnt does put out.

Tnt does put out music for pan, music for j'ouvert, social commentary music, music for jump and wave and then there is the trini rhythmn section (my favourite). So whilst Vincy could pull he hair out trying to compare the music scene in his home land to tnt, it really is an excercise in futility. Yeah very good soca music comes from many islands but only one island gives you the full array...one island sets the bar...one island leads the way in this culture.

So vincy yuh could pull out all the vincy pumpkin vine families of arrangers in tnt yuh want the fact remains that tnt was and will always be the leader in the thing.
Mannn, my HAIR is INTACT
Cause VINCY dey PON TOP
None aryo can TOUCH DAT
Matter of FACT
Tek yuh POSITION eena de BAK

Pullllllllllllllllllllllllllll upppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Last edited:

islandriddimz

VINCYPOWA said:
Mannn, my HAIR is INTACT
Cause VINCY dey PON TOP
None aryo can TOUCH DAT
Matter of FACT
Tek yuh POSITION eena de BAK

Pullllllllllllllllllllllllllll upppppppppppppppppppppppppp

big up trini!!!!!
dee vp have mouth is ok though he love trinies and he now it tooo !!!!

iCandy

lentilpeas said:
ITS FUNNY!! DOES BARBADOS HAVE SOCA OR ST KITTS,DOMINICA,ST LUCIA,ST VINCENT AND THE REST OF THE ISLANDS HAVE SOCA MUSIC OR SOME SORT OF SOCA CUZ I KNOW EACH ISLAND CALLS IT SOMETHING DIFFERENT....

CUZ NO ONE ELSE TALKS ABOUT THEM AND THEIR MUSIC, IS ONLY TRINIDAD AND AND TNT ONLY AND I MEAN MAINLY NOT JUST SOMETIMES....AND MOST OF THE TALK IS ILL TOWARDS TNT... IS EITHER" WE SING TO MUCH JUMP AND WAVE AND SHOW ME YOUS RAGS OR THERE IS NO MEANING AND SUBSTANCE TO THE MUSIC" I KNOW WE SING LIKE DAT ALOT, SO WHAT!!!!! THERE ARE OTHER ARTIST IN TNT DAT STILL SINGS CALYPSO SUCH AS CRO CRO,CHALK DUST WINSTON SO SO,SCRUNTER,SHADOW ETC AND EVEN YOUNGER ARTIST LIKE KERWIN DUBIOUS IMIJ & CO RAGGA AND MANY OTHERS... HOWEVER MY POINT IS THIS WHY ATTACK TNT 4 DAT WE ARE A CARNIAVL ISLAND WE LOVE CARNIVAL DATS WHAT WE DO WE EAT AND SLEEP IT!!!
WE DOH ATTACK OTHER PPL 'S MUSIC CONSTANTLY LIKE SOME PPL ON IMIX LEAVE ....WE MUSIC ALONE :paladin: .... BIG UP TO ALL MY TRINI NASSIVE .... WHOLE YEAR WE ONLY JUMPING

I think everyone get's there time to shine. Right now the light is on Trinidad. It's good that the other islands like St.Lucia and Dominica etc are not over rated because people will want more. If there is a country who is only about Carnival and jump up and fete people will start to get tired of that. It's like is that all there is in that COUNTRY. But I look at the islands as one. I'm happy for Trini but some of yall Trinis act like yall are a different race.

WYLD FYRE

my view

Well my point to this is that i never heard a rag and flag song from any of the older atrist and there was still road march winners .
a lot of people talk trash about leave the rags and flags alone but they dont know that people on the out side world can not relate to it
i was in london and i told a some people i was from trinidad and about our music soca and they only respect arrow as the king of soca cause he perform for the queen of england and she gave him the title .
and it was not for any rag and flag song
sparrow is the king of claypso and i never heard a rag and flag song i hope you are gettin my point
so when people go on the talk the about carnival is a rag and flag thing
it show's that they have no idea what it is about
the artist who make those cheap rag and flag song to get a "fly out " is just thinking of them self
they still have to renew the P1
so tone down some of the rag and flags to much of it is killing the business

NUFF LOVE AND RESPECT
FYRE KAMIKAZE

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
WYLD FYRE said:
Well my point to this is that i never heard a rag and flag song from any of the older atrist and there was still road march winners .
a lot of people talk trash about leave the rags and flags alone but they dont know that people on the out side world can not relate to it
i was in london and i told a some people i was from trinidad and about our music soca and they only respect arrow as the king of soca cause he perform for the queen of england and she gave him the title .
sparrow is the king of claypso and i never heard a rag and flag song i hope you are gettin my point
the artist who make those cheap rag and flag song to get a "fly out " is just thinking of them self

NUFF LOVE AND RESPECT
FYRE KAMIKAZE
:bowdown :bowdown

When people TALK SENSE they say that you're being ANTI THIS and THAT, but it is always THE TRUTH SEEKERS and TELLERS that always get the MOST criticism.

iCandy

WYLD FYRE said:

NUFF LOVE AND RESPECT
FYRE KAMIKAZE

Why do you trinis say "OUR MUSIC SOCA" and why do you guys sepearte yall selves from the rest of the islands. I never really been to trinidad so tell me what else there is in there other than CARNIVAL.

P

Pebbles362436

VINCYPOWA said:
:bowdown :bowdown

When people TALK SENSE they say that you're being ANTI THIS and THAT, but it is always THE TRUTH SEEKERS and TELLERS that always get the MOST criticism.
VP have you ever been to Trinidad during Carnival :confused If your answer is no then you are not in position to give any feedback about Trinidad carnival or it's music/culture.:new_russi It's a Trini thing you just won't ever understand don't matter how many times we may try to explain it to yuh.

iCandy said:
Why do you trinis say "OUR MUSIC SOCA" and why do you guys sepearte yall selves from the rest of the islands. I never really been to trinidad so tell me what else there is in there other than CARNIVAL.
trinidad is jus like any other island we have the same things jus maybe better( well except the beaches) our attitude i think is what gives us the attention cuz we trinis are happy relaxed and vibrant..we don't let things stress us out so we jus like to have fun and freeup we self

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Pebbles362436 said:
VP have you ever been to Trinidad during Carnival :confused If your answer is no then you are not in position to give any feedback about Trinidad carnival or it's music/culture.:new_russi It's a Trini thing you just won't ever understand don't matter how many times we may try to explain it to yuh.
WOMAN, I know TRINIS who SAY EXACTLY what I have STATED, so there goes that IDEA.

iCandy

fntsy19 said:
trinidad is jus like any other island we have the same things jus maybe better( well except the beaches) our attitude i think is what gives us the attention cuz we trinis are happy relaxed and vibrant..we don't let things stress us out so we jus like to have fun and freeup we self

Ok ok yall trinis are relaxed and vibrant and happy. But yall try to hide the endless AIDS that's passing in trinidad now and crime. I didn't mean the beaches and stuff I ment like what there is to do in trini other than party. And having a attitude where you guys thinks your best really does not get peoples attention it really just draws them away.

P

Pebbles362436

VINCYPOWA said:
WOMAN, I know TRINIS who SAY EXACTLY what I have STATED, so there goes that IDEA.
VP that is second hand information that yuh trying to feed me. :acute: I'll still want to question "those socall Trinis" directly to find out if they were born in Trinidad, the last time they went to Trinidad or if they are just "Trinis" by association to justify their ignorance.