Tnt Have Alot Of Haters When It Comes To Our Artists And Soca

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Pebbles362436 said:
VP that is second hand information that yuh trying to feed me. :acute: I'll still want to question "those socall Trinis" directly to find out if they were born in Trinidad, the last time they went to Trinidad or if they are just "Trinis" by association to justify their ignorance.
But they would say that you're the one who is IGNORANT. Just like all Blacks are not ALIKE, I am sure that it goes for TRINIS as well.

I know TRINIS artists who have SIMILAR views that I do, so you're only SPEAKING for one SEGMENT of the TRINI population.

P

Pebbles362436

VINCYPOWA said:
But they would say that you're the one who is IGNORANT. Just like all Blacks are not ALIKE, I am sure that it goes for TRINIS as well.

I know TRINIS artists who have SIMILAR views that I do, so you're only SPEAKING for one SEGMENT of the TRINI population.
I'm not sure if we are on the same page. But what view/opinion are you referring to now VP?

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Pebbles362436 said:
I'm not sure if we are on the same page. But what view/opinion are you referring to now VP?
Ok, now you have me THINKING that we might be on SEPARATE PAGES.

So what is your ENTRANCE in this THREAD in RELATION to???

If is one thing I cant stand is dis damn "bigging up weself business." All of us are one, and the fact that Trini is so well known, we should be proud. But on the other hand some of y'all Trinis need to stop the bullshit. I was born in Grenada, grew up in Trinidad and I love the cultural pride, but y'all are not the only ones with such a rich culture. While there are alot of reasonable people. So me of you guys do act as if you are a different race. we are all one family FRANCOMEN. :aikido:

iCandy said:
Ok ok yall trinis are relaxed and vibrant and happy. But yall try to hide the endless AIDS that's passing in trinidad now and crime. I didn't mean the beaches and stuff I ment like what there is to do in trini other than party. And having a attitude where you guys thinks your best really does not get peoples attention it really just draws them away.
nobody ain't tryin to hide aids..everybody knows aids is rampant in trini but it is also rampant in jamaica, st vincent and a lot of other islands...i respect and love all islands they are all beautiful st vincent have some of the nicest people i met..nicer than some trinis. but trini is an island how much u expect to do? what do people do when they visit the caribbean islands?what does st lucia do besides party and go to the beach?

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Some people think Trinis are arrogant
Some people think Trinis are full of themselves
Some people think Trinis big up they self too much
Some people think Trinis really give a fuck.

Watch yuhself and stop watching Trinidad...we look good, eh?

:rolleyes:

P

Pebbles362436

VINCYPOWA said:
Ok, now you have me THINKING that we might be on SEPARATE PAGES.

So what is your ENTRANCE in this THREAD in RELATION to???
:kicks LOL now VP you should know better by now babe about trying to get into a serious discussion with me five days before carnival. :nea: I have carnival fever so my head gone long time. Leave all yuh hard questions for me in my pm box so I can answer them when I get back from sweet TnT. :grin:
BTW peep the lyrics in Destra's song fly I hope it helps.

Fly - Destra
[verse 1]
Is all about unity, togetherness
Carnival time we love de jamming
All ah we collectively
In de bacchanal time to start de fete'n

[chorus]
One thing about my country
Everywhere we go we love to party
Where’s my posse get ready
Show me yuh rag
Don’t fail me now

So wave yuh rag high
Up in de sky
Take yuh rag and fly fly fly
We up in de air
Is rag everywhere
We ready for the festival again

x2

[verse 2]
Appreciate don’t segregate
Everybody gotta love somebody
You and me in harmony
Try and try we bong to make it

[chorus]

[bridge]
What we need is so much more… love
It’s the only way to rise… above
And I know..

[chorus]

[verse 3]
Deliver us from ignorance
Black and white we jump together

Stop de war stop de hate
Show dem dat we love each other…

Last edited:

WYLD FYRE

ok boss

well i dont know what is the big deal if you country so good and it so great why you not living there ?
we are all from the islands why cant we just be friends.

NUFF LOVE AND RESPECT
FYRE KAMIKAZE

WYLD FYRE said:
well i dont know what is the big deal if you country so good and it so great why you not living there ?
we are all from the islands why cant we just be friends.

NUFF LOVE AND RESPECT
FYRE KAMIKAZE
ENT?! :drag:

CalypsoQueen83 said:
ENT?! :drag:
we r friends...i haven't seen any body in here bash anyother islands allyuh always sayin trini people this and trini dat..u don't see trinis comin and sayin u see dem lucians or u see dem antiguans..y allyuh always startin shit wit us?

fntsy19 said:
we r friends...i haven't seen any body in here bash anyother islands allyuh always sayin trini people this and trini dat..u don't see trinis comin and sayin u see dem lucians or u see dem antiguans..y allyuh always startin shit wit us?
Did you not see me say that I grew up in Trini. I see why you guys would get defensive about your country, but some of yall go as far as acting like your on a whole nother plateau of "westindianism" :kicks. Furthermore i cant speak for anyone but myself. So I can't say why everyone else starts with Trini, or so you say. :cool:

dumper

Pebbles362436 said:
VP have you ever been to Trinidad during Carnival :confused If your answer is no then you are not in position to give any feedback about Trinidad carnival or it's music/culture.:new_russi It's a Trini thing you just won't ever understand don't matter how many times we may try to explain it to yuh.
Good Question.

Seriously VP, have you ever been to Trinidad carnival?

The other thing is. Why should we apologize for Jam and Wine music?

Clearly, that must be what the vast majority of soca fans want. Otherwise, it would have died long ago. It is normal that some people wouldn't like it just like some Vincys don't like their music or Bajans or Antiguians etc. That is true especially the older heads since they weren't raised on it and can't keep up with it.

The only reason that keeps popping up is the, "The Mainstream Folks won't like it." My question is; When did they like it before? The fact is, if we look at arrivals for TnT Carnival, they're increasing annually. Now the Japanese, and Englisj are attempting to do ths same Jam and Wine Soca.

You tell me. What do we have to apologize for again???

dedetriniking

Here nah man...allyuh serious in here? Allyuh never hear jamaicans talk bout jamdown? Allyuh never hear from bajans how they big up bim Allyuh never hear about some fella name vincypower who swear that Vincy is the mecca of sweet soca?
Everybody does big up where they are from...trinis just like everybody else....the only difference is that we have the evidence and the history to backup what we say so allyuh know when we say we're the best...well we have proof! At the end of the day though we still one family.

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
dedetriniking said:
Here nah man...allyuh serious in here? Allyuh never hear jamaicans talk bout jamdown? Allyuh never hear from bajans how they big up bim Allyuh never hear about some fella name vincypower who swear that Vincy is the mecca of sweet soca?
Everybody does big up where they are from...trinis just like everybody else....the only difference is that we have the evidence and the history to backup what we say so allyuh know when we say we're the best...well we have proof! At the end of the day though we still one family.
Why you studying dem...let man like Wild Fyre dem keep watching we nah. Juss cause he might'n be proud of whey dey from doh mean we shouldn't be. Jackass talking about 'if we country so great why we not there' mind yuh mudda ass business, dai'z yuh problem right there...study your business and nutten wouldn' be bunning yuh eye on imix.

lentilpeas

go ahead like ur self
dedetriniking said:

thank u fella
we have nottin to be sorry 4 we love our music and dats dat

**Vincy-Soca-Diva**

Mommy Dearest
dedetriniking said:
Things like that crack me up. I resspect your patriotism but those things don't make you the best. Each island has their own unique quality, your's is the diverse population and how modern your country is, that from waht I've seen when Iwas there. St Lucia beautiful Grenada Sweet Dominica and Antigua exotic natural gifts 365 beaches and rivers. And Vincy de Gem of the antilles nuff said. I can never say one island is better than the other that is just retarded. All of we r one nuff said.

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
**Vincy-Soca-Diva** said:
Things like that crack me up. I resspect your patriotism but those things don't make you the best. Each island has their own unique quality, your's is the diverse population and how modern your country is, that from waht I've seen when Iwas there. St Lucia beautiful Grenada Sweet Dominica and Antigua exotic natural gifts 365 beaches and rivers. And Vincy de Gem of the antilles nuff said. I can never say one island is better than the other that is just retarded. All of we r one nuff said.
Agreed no one island is better than the other...but entirely within reason to cut folks some slack for thinking that their's is the best. Trinis it seem catch the most flack whenever we say anything even resembling that...yet when others say it nobody bats an eye (as it should be). Now why is that? :scratch

Pebbles362436 said:
VP have you ever been to Trinidad during Carnival :confused If your answer is no then you are not in position to give any feedback about Trinidad carnival or it's music/culture.:new_russi It's a Trini thing you just won't ever understand don't matter how many times we may try to explain it to yuh.
This is what I tend to disagree wit at times... I doh ever believe dat what u trinis feel about soca&calypso and carnival is just a "trini thing" as u and some of your fellow trinbagonians put it. I have a deep love for soca&calypso and love the carnival scene and I was born and raised in brooklyn to Guyanese parents. I hope to visit TnT in 2k7 just to experience their carnival cuz I hear how exciting it does be... just imagine dais de only ting I studying bout trinidad. I also have trini friends and my current boyfriend is also a trini and I see nuttin different in their culture to the culture of guyanese. So dis "trini thing" dat u say we will never understand, is beyond my reasoning.

Alot of ppl think well TnT is de land of curry, dhal an roti but, I guess dem must doh kno bout Guyana, for we specialize in dat too. Yuh kno de first set of Eastindians came to Guyana? I read this from a reliable source but, correct me if I'm wrong. My point is dat when you feel your culture is so unique and different from others, it may not be de case. All west indians, even down to de willie bouncin jamaicans share de same caribbean culture and life.

Rinababy

Bake n Shark said:
Agreed no one island is better than the other...but entirely within reason to cut folks some slack for thinking that their's is the best. Trinis it seem catch the most flack whenever we say anything even resembling that...yet when others say it nobody bats an eye (as it should be). Now why is that? :scratch
cuz y'all make up the majority of imix..period!
if this were a majority Bajan site or vincy or guyanese no one would say shit, but because Trini's are the overwhelming majority, when you guys big up trini its like 10 fold of when others do it......thats all. everyone is biased to their own nation, its natural.