Trinidad and Tobago may decide to get tough!

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
you are right, we should not have signed on to this CSME nonsense. A lot of the countries in the region are not doing well financially/economically so they busy looking for people to blame, to take their country citizen from focusing on their own failures. Up to now no one is addressing a very important point in this whole saga.

Back in the days Jamaicans migrated to the US/UK and Canada to get better opportunities, thats why they have an even larger diaspora than those who live on the homeland (same can be said for Guyana and Haiti). After the US/UK/Canada made it harder for Jamaicans to enter, yes Jamaica is actually ban from the US visa lottery for a couple years now. They started going to Turks, Bahamas, Cayman, Antigua...but those countries put a stop to it and now the Jamaicans extended their reach and trying to get into Barbados and Trinidad (which is far away). Anyway so people should address this point, that the exchange rate is 105-1, things are getting tougher for the average Jamaican to do well. Notwithstanding their are some very rich people on the island.

In Trinidad's context now, we cannot play fast and loose with our borders, we were always lax and allowed hundreds upon thousands of illegal Vincies, Grenadians, Bajans, Guyanese and even Venezuelans to come in. Now we reaping the whirlwind from that because they did not have proper settlement patterns, a lot of these people built and magnified ghettos on the cusp of Port of Spain, while they did contribute, we cannot negate the fact that we were too loose with who got into the country.

Also, this wanton bringing in of any side, can be viewed as RACIAL voter padding...A large number of Jamaicans and other small islands people can be looked on with suspicion from the UNC/Indo group who always lashed out against the perceived manufactured voted blocs of the PNM/Afro base.

And a large influx of Indo Guyanese and Indians can be viewed with suspicion by the PNM/Afro group who always looked on with suspicion at the rather close ties with UNC governments and Guyana.

Also, other caribbean nationals were angry at Kamla for her ATM statement, granted she may not have said it in the most diplomatic manner she was correct. Trinidad for a while was the father giver of the West Indians, not saying that we should look back at things done, cuz we can never know what can happen in the future. But we never really got good treatment in return.

Manning opened a Caribbean fund, dont know what they did with the money. Ralph Gonsalves was in Port of Spain every Monday morning asking for more. I have no problems giving and being nice to our brothers and sisters but at the end of the day you all have nothing good to say about us, we have good and bad but they only know the bad.
:eek:k: :good:

robblaten

The question you are asking makes no sense to me, that is a question for the leadership of the country. As far as me belittling, I don't see where you are coming from. I think the reason Trinis and Bajans has a reputation of treating people the way they do, is because they don't have a realistic view of themselves.
I think it is only among Jamaicans that Trinis and Bajans have the reputation you allude to. I constantly hear it from Jamaicans and nobody else.

Missmayling

truth be told if you are an ambitious person and hardworking, you can make a decent life in Trinidad and Tobago. granted you can do that in most places but u know what i mean.

Namey why are you not addressing the fundamental issue? what is wrong that so many Jamaicans are forced to migrate everywhere?

Are you all advocating to improve things or you intend to chill with IMF? serious thing now, no country ever went to IMF and got better as a result of IMF policies.
Aren't you a Trinidadian Black living abroad????

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
hmmm too little too late

isn't it them who allow indian businessmen to enter and stay for like 3 months without requiring a visa and this was approved within the last 4 years?

the govt is too ridiculous

this immigration issue is old so many people born in Trinidad have lucian vincentian nigerian venezualan panamanian etc etc grandparents

anyway even before CSME the gov't rubber stamped this by regularizing all those illegal ppl that set up in laventille and pos and environs back in the day and the handout mentality continued with their offspring. So first you grant citizenship to ppl that were illegal so you have a voting base then to keep the voting base you create urp cpep and cultivate these community leaders (trinidadians) that you can't control.

To me most illegals get up and find a job unlike most of the lower economic bracket trinis who wait for a handout (govt housing 5am-7am jobs food cards etc) instead of taking adv. of education and training programs. A lot of them are working 2x as hard and are more enterprising than the persons who live here and have access to social programs.

TnT complaining about them taking jobs but many of them have the wrong attitude anyway and are horrible additions to the work place esp service industry.

robblaten

hmmm too little too late

isn't it them who allow indian businessmen to enter and stay for like 3 months without requiring a visa and this was approved within the last 4 years?

the govt is too ridiculous

this immigration issue is old so many people born in Trinidad have lucian vincentian nigerian venezualan panamanian etc etc grandparents

anyway even before CSME the gov't rubber stamped this by regularizing all those illegal ppl that set up in laventille and pos and environs back in the day and the handout mentality continued with their offspring. So first you grant citizenship to ppl that were illegal so you have a voting base then to keep the voting base you create urp cpep and cultivate these community leaders (trinidadians) that you can't control.

To me most illegals get up and find a job unlike most of the lower economic bracket trinis who wait for a handout (govt housing 5am-7am jobs food cards etc) instead of taking adv. of education and training programs. A lot of them are working 2x as hard and are more enterprising than the persons who live here and have access to social programs.

TnT complaining about them taking jobs but many of them have the wrong attitude anyway and are horrible additions to the work place esp service industry.
still, CSME will only make matters worse. To Jamaicans, all CSME means is an opportunity to leave home looking for work. That is their entire reason for pursuing regional integration and it explains the very raw feelings that are excited in Jamaica when travellers from there are obstructed by immigration officials.

The reality is that there is no economic rationale for Caribbean integration. Those pushing it always have an agenda that has nothing to do with the economic well being of the region.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
gas wont last an d oil go spoil

or gas will last and the oil won't spoil BUT what about shale gas

Trinidad better study their heads

Missmayling

Does that somehow mean that his point is incorrect?
i didn't know it's the average citizen's job to improve the economy of a country. Its a bit hypocritical when so many black Trinis are living abroad for the same reasons as Jamaicans, yet the country is rich. clearly the wealth did not trickle down to the masses , and most are not living abroad to just get an education with the intent of returning like the Gulf State Arabs or Europeans.
The only shift or reverse immigration back to TNT are the deported criminals in many cases from the US, Canada and the UK. This I suspect is the real reason for rise in crime in TNT, because this is problem seen in JA, Dominican Republic and other Caribbean countries.

gas wont last an d oil go spoil

or gas will last and the oil won't spoil BUT what about shale gas

Trinidad better study their heads
we know that, but what you advocate? letting every man jack in?

you see thats why trinidad got to this point and the same thing with Dominican Republic (problem with DR they waited till Haiti crashed them down further to now want to take a retrograde step)

robblaten

i didn't know it's the average citizen's job to improve the economy of a country. Its a bit hypocritical when so many black Trinis are living abroad for the same reasons as Jamaicans, yet the country is rich. clearly the wealth did not trickle down to the masses , and most are not living abroad to just get an education with the intent of returning like the Gulf State Arabs or Europeans.
The only shift or reverse immigration back to TNT are the deported criminals in many cases from the US, Canada and the UK. This I suspect is the real reason for rise in crime in TNT, because this is problem seen in JA, Dominican Republic and other Caribbean countries.
I am not sure whether what you say is correct, but will give you the benefit of the doubt, although I do not know of many Trinis residing here. I did know a few in the UK when I was a student and saw a number of 'Caribbean' restaurants in London that turned out to be run by expatriate Trinidadians.

I think the reason people leave small countries is the same as the reason they leave small towns in the US - because small population centres are somewhat boring socially and do not offer a diverse range of careers. But I agree that it is disappointing that so many Caribbean people leave home.

Maybe Trinidad can do more to leverage its oil wealth - I have not been there and do not know much of the place. But it seems on paper to be a successful country and to have more than just oil. In fact, Trinis have been on a regional buying spree, having recently bought Air Jamaica, among other things.

Mayling, please stop being emotional for a second and listen to this right.

1) No one said immigrants are the only ones to blame

2) Immigrants are partly to blame for some crime but i can tell you from firsthand knowlede, yes because i am from trinidad (in case you did not realize). Immigrants came into Trinidad back in the day but it was not a planned or organized scenario. A lot of these people came str8 off the boat and set up ghettos all in the regions of POS, Cocorite, Sea Lots etc. There was no plan to deal with them at ALL. Some of that blossomed into their kids being on the lower end of the socio economic ladder

3) Yes, Laventille and these places were so divided where you had Vincies and Grenadians warring each other and not getting a long, added to the problem of the native trinis being against the new immigrants. Laventille and these places was always lower class but the new immigrants added a whole new problematic dimension

4) The immigration problem is getting worse because you have corrupt people in immigration and government and social services taking money for illegal Jamaicans, Guyanese, Nigerians, Chinese and others to come in. But it dont stop there these people cheat the system with the help of corrupt trinidadians to get free food cards (which is our equivalent of food stamps), government housing and even FREE EDUCATION. Yes there was rumors of Guyanese being involved in a birth certificate racket, where false records would show they were born in Trinidad and Tobago in order to get benefits.

5) Black Trinidadians can migrate to wherever they want legally, dont know why you are so stuck on that. I choose to migrate not because i am poor, i am actually pretty well off. Black Trinis are at the end of the socio economic ladder because they CHOOSE to. All education and opportunities were afforded to them, in some cases even more opportunities were given to us. However, we choose not to go into business and stuff. so if you dont know anything, dont make cateogorical statements when you have no idea what is going in.

Namey Namey

20$ for a slice of bread in Jamaica, just now even dog gonna be booking deh flight outta Jamdown.
It's funny how some of you hear these things and latch on to it. When you hear people talking about slice bread, they are talking about a little shop around the corner. Supermarkets aren't selling bread by the slice.Don't hold your breath hoping for Jamaica's demise.

robblaten

Mayling, please stop being emotional for a second and listen to this right.

1) No one said immigrants are the only ones to blame

2) Immigrants are partly to blame for some crime but i can tell you from firsthand knowlede, yes because i am from trinidad (in case you did not realize). Immigrants came into Trinidad back in the day but it was not a planned or organized scenario. A lot of these people came str8 off the boat and set up ghettos all in the regions of POS, Cocorite, Sea Lots etc. There was no plan to deal with them at ALL. Some of that blossomed into their kids being on the lower end of the socio economic ladder

3) Yes, Laventille and these places were so divided where you had Vincies and Grenadians warring each other and not getting a long, added to the problem of the native trinis being against the new immigrants. Laventille and these places was always lower class but the new immigrants added a whole new problematic dimension

4) The immigration problem is getting worse because you have corrupt people in immigration and government and social services taking money for illegal Jamaicans, Guyanese, Nigerians, Chinese and others to come in. But it dont stop there these people cheat the system with the help of corrupt trinidadians to get free food cards (which is our equivalent of food stamps), government housing and even FREE EDUCATION. Yes there was rumors of Guyanese being involved in a birth certificate racket, where false records would show they were born in Trinidad and Tobago in order to get benefits.

5) Black Trinidadians can migrate to wherever they want legally, dont know why you are so stuck on that. I choose to migrate not because i am poor, i am actually pretty well off. Black Trinis are at the end of the socio economic ladder because they CHOOSE to. All education and opportunities were afforded to them, in some cases even more opportunities were given to us. However, we choose not to go into business and stuff. so if you dont know anything, dont make cateogorical statements when you have no idea what is going in.
Surely it is a stereotype to say black Trinis are at the low end of the socio economic ladder. Is the same not true of most Indians? I had a Trini Indian girlfriend and she came from a piss poor little muddy village that sounded like hell on earth!

Surely it is a stereotype to say black Trinis are at the low end of the socio economic ladder. Is the same not true of most Indians? I had a Trini Indian girlfriend and she came from a piss poor little muddy village that sounded like hell on earth!
yes a lot of Indians are dirt poor too, but GENERALLY Indians are more hardworking

and when they get up there they tend to want to carry the others on their back

the black people more relaxed and like to complain

but it is a stereotype as there are some very well to do Black people too

J

Juan Dan

big up taj and all the others in the thread reasoning....
these dogs like swaggerific, socapro, and notoriious saga can diss people and turn around saying they joking...
yet big up all real people....
you wont even see me quoting any of these nuggas anymore...
################ em....
done took this shit too far...

big up taj and all the others in the thread reasoning....
these dogs like swaggerific, socapro, and notoriious saga can diss people and turn around saying they joking...
yet big up all real people....
you wont even see me quoting any of these nuggas anymore...
################ em....
done took this shit too far...
carlo cool it brother, i did not diss, stated the situation as i see it

you have to seperate emotions from facts

J

Juan Dan

yall disrespectful and try to say its jokes
its not
same way yall call each other racial names and say its "picong"
ITS NOT
as a country yall have indian and blk issues and lets not talk about the riches being with syrians etc

if one is an intellect or wants to discuss serious issues PICONG BULLSHIT has no place in it

want me say bad things bout jahmayca?
what about haiti?
what about mars?
what about pluto?
bad shit is everywhere and ANYBODY from a certain place who says their place is best is silly

hence keep on displaying that dog trini attitude that even kamla is ashamed of I AM SURE
as YOU said "if I was here I would have jameette jammette jammette"
she a proffessional and is operating accordingly

done with you dog

notorious saga

Sagattarius

LOL you have time wid these people swagga? yuh must read some of the JAM newspaper comment from some smart Jamaicans, here is one.

PLBOGLE
•3 hours ago

Over a 1000 Jamaicans killed so far this year by Jamaicans and not this much uproar!! Know what is your priorities people!!!

2△1▽

<Reply

⥅Share ›

yall disrespectful and try to say its jokes
its not
same way yall call each other racial names and say its "picong"
ITS NOT
as a country yall have indian and blk issues and lets not talk about the riches being with syrians etc

if one is an intellect or wants to discuss serious issues PICONG BULLSHIT has no place in it

want me say bad things bout jahmayca?
what about haiti?
what about mars?
what about pluto?
bad shit is everywhere and ANYBODY from a certain place who says their place is best is silly

hence keep on displaying that dog trini attitude that even kamla is ashamed of I AM SURE
as YOU said "if I was here I would have jameette jammette jammette"
she a proffessional and is operating accordingly

done with you dog
hmm you off ur rockers, namey and georgeflash r just like trinifrombx and triniempress.

like you dont read jamaican papers where they calling trinidad, rotiland and dog shit...lol

just now jamaicans will wanna fight us physically