Trinidad and Tobago may decide to get tough!

Namey Namey

we can agree to disagree and thats that...
in effect I was HOPING you dark skinned bad attitude folks would understand exactly watcha doing
yet maybe its beyond your scope of understanding...
have fun though....
cause you live n dye for picong and talking shit....
thats your "culture"

I gave the benefit of the doubt that the things the folks said were being said to them were maybe embellished a bit
yet from what most of you are saying
yall not very smart people and werent educated well on politics and power
you better give thanks for kamla and all the others who have sense and will try to work this out as it should be
again have fun and keep on being the stereotype of the blk trini poor male
Kamla won't be able to work anything out, they will have someone meet someone in Jamaica and pictures will be taken and that's it. There is level of unprofessionlism with those Trinis, it will take years of training to root out that level of backwardness. They justify that nonsense by claiming Jamaicans require visa to travel everywhere, as if needing a visa is supposed to be a bad thing. They grasp at anything that will make them feel superior to Jamaicans. Visa restrictions has not stopped Jamaicans from traveling, Jamaicans aren't stop at airports and treated less than human, and told stuff like you people and your people. That's the small island backwards mentality, comes from people being in positions they have no business being in. They haven't been exposed to a certain standard of professionalism. They are culturally insecure, and don't know how to separate their personal feelings from their profession.

robblaten

Your bias is based on the fact that you lust after Trini women, but as a person from Bahamas, you should know that Trinidad is fighting not to be another toilet in the Caribbean like the Bahamas with regards to immigration. This I have no issues with, if that is the law.
Based on the size of the jamaican population and the number of immigrants in TNT, Trinidad is not even on the radar for Jamaicans to immigrate to. It has and will continue to be Bahamas as a jump off for the Illegals from JA and others illegals from the western region and the world.
What on earth that I have said shows any bias??? I am neither a Jamaican nor a Trinidadian. I have been to Jamaica once and really liked it and NEVER been to Trinidad. So I don't know where you see bias, apart from being insulted by those Jamaicans who, in their anger about the Trinidad deportations, start saying that ALL others in our region are motivated by jealousy toward Jamaicans.

J

Juan Dan

Kamla won't be able to work anything out, they will have someone meet someone in Jamaica and pictures will be taken and that's it. There is level of unprofessionlism with those Trinis, it will take years of training to root out that level of backwardness. They justify that nonsense by claiming Jamaicans require visa to travel everywhere, as if needing a visa is supposed to be a bad thing. They grasp at anything that will make them feel superior to Jamaicans. Visa restrictions has not stopped Jamaicans from traveling, Jamaicans aren't stop at airports and treated less than human, and told stuff like you people and your people. That's the small island backwards mentality, comes from people being in positions they have no business being in. They haven't been exposed to a certain standard of professionalism. They are culturally insecure, and don't know how to separate their personal feelings from their profession.
trust me, it will be worked out and NOT in the poor drunk ones would want....
problem and truth is that EVERY COUNTRY has this problem....
whath is fair what is right
you have one loaf of bread and I am hungry
you can share with me or lock your doors
maybe I could also be planning to break into your house and steal your bread and knock you over the head
what is fair what is right?

ones own interest will always trump that of others
unles you Jesus sharing loaves of bread and fish for thousands

yet she will work it out, if even to give porsha a million dollars or something nice and it will be sorted out nicely....
imf does it constantly....
thats how powerful people do things....

pay very very very close attention to history
in particular slavery the world over and caste systems in india
think of them in modern times
yet even more so

think of the stereotypical "uncle toms" who will beat and sell out other slayves

which is why I said from the beginning this is the attitude of poor low self esteem dunce blk people
the things that were being said were not professional and ghetto
surely wouldnt be said by a professional

yet this goes quite deep
dragon and his women are on a move to ban me though
and I am insulted by that
so you will see me less

get ready for a thousand "my friends on facebook" "damn I love vegina and I have one"
threads
bless up

robblaten

I think you are talking about the UK. The history behind that has to do with the US and canada deporting these criminals back to the JA, and many simply went to the UK. So, there is a simple visa process like going to china, for example. This is to weed out the bad guys , which I do not blame the UK government.
A visiting visa is required to enter the US.
Thank you. I was not aware of the history and process. But in my opinion NO Caribbean nationals should require a visa to visit the UK or any commonwealth country. As for the US, a visa is not required to visit there if you have a clean police record. I believe that is the case for most Caribbean nationals.

In the wise words of the great academic, Lloyd Best

Trinidad will become like Jamaica and Jamaica will become like Haiti

no one was listening

robblaten

In the wise words of the great academic, Lloyd Best

Trinidad will become like Jamaica and Jamaica will become like Haiti

no one was listening
Actually, I think the whole region is heading in the right direction, despite the present temporary economic downturn. Haiti is DEFINITELY showing signs of entering the first real growth phase of its recent history.

Actually, I think the whole region is heading in the right direction, despite the present temporary economic downturn. Haiti is DEFINITELY showing signs of entering the first real growth phase of its recent history.
Robblaten, do you think this anti Trini agenda is being pushed and enforced by the Jamaican private sector who has been angry and showing resistance over the past few years?

robblaten

Robblaten, do you think this anti Trini agenda is being pushed and enforced by the Jamaican private sector who has been angry and showing resistance over the past few years?
It could be. I have noted strong anti-Trini feeling as relates to Air Jamaica and Clico.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
You really don't understand this thing do you?
The Jamaican private sector is who has been pushing the pro Trini agenda all this time lol

Why do you think we have such a massive trade imbalance?

robblaten

You really don't understand this thing do you?
The Jamaican private sector is who has been pushing the pro Trini agenda all this time lol

Why do you think we have such a massive trade imbalance?
The reason you have a massive trade imbalance is simple: Because Jamaica, like the Bahamas, is a services oriented economy (although many politicians refuse to recognise this) while Trinidad is heavily resource based, with the natural downstream manufacturing base advantage the primary resource (oil) brings. They will always have more to sell to you than to buy from you. Jamaica should instead concentrate on selling its international services (logistics, tourism etc.) more effectively while buying from Trinidad the resources and products for which the latter has a comparative advantage. In the natural scheme of things, the service based economy would be ABOVE the resource based one in the price/income chain. Too bad your politicians do not recognise this.

Wadadlineko

I had the opportunity to read through nearly all the posts and a lot of persons more or less confirmed what I always thought. CSME does not make one bit of sense at least the way it is structured. First of all the migration patterns within the region are not being reciprocated throughout the region. Yes granted they are nationals from every CARICOM country living within another CARICOM country however my major pet peeve is the vast numbers of persons from certain islands flooding every single island. Mah nah call no name but there are mainly three culprits on our neck of the woods (i.e. up in the north here). Anyway yes we have Trinidadians here too however only a handful. It would be interesting to see the migration patterns of persons from CARICOM within CARICOM. It will be real telling. Plus why is it when other CARICOM nationals get refused entry into /deported from another CARICOM country there is no big hullabaloo about it. You don't hear them talking about boycotting anything or acting like if they have right to be in there country. I mean free movement does not mean that a country does not have a right to deny you if there is good reasoning. CARICOM needs to invest in programs to help develop infrastructure and create jobs within the member states that are not doing so well that way less persons would see the need to leave. Thats my likkle two cents.

Missmayling

Thank you. I was not aware of the history and process. But in my opinion NO Caribbean nationals should require a visa to visit the UK or any commonwealth country. As for the US, a visa is not required to visit there if you have a clean police record. I believe that is the case for most Caribbean nationals.
the average WI cannot afford to vaction in the UK, so the people who are going to visit tend to be those going to visit relatives. again, it's no big deal getting a visa from JA, and may be better as many of those Wi from certain countries like TNT are detained and questioned on arrival in the UK. They tend to target single women and men.
As far as US immigration, it is required to have a visiting visa to enter the US with the exception of the Uk, canada and a few other countries. I think you are talking about the lottery system or the diversity program that makes it easier for certain nationals from certain countries to obtain green card. Jamaicans are not allowed to apply for that program.

robblaten

I had the opportunity to read through nearly all the posts and a lot of persons more or less confirmed what I always thought. CSME does not make one bit of sense at least the way it is structured. First of all the migration patterns within the region are not being reciprocated throughout the region. Yes granted they are nationals from every CARICOM country living within another CARICOM country however my major pet peeve is the vast numbers of persons from certain islands flooding every single island. Mah nah call no name but there are mainly three culprits on our neck of the woods (i.e. up in the north here). Anyway yes we have Trinidadians here too however only a handful. It would be interesting to see the migration patterns of persons from CARICOM within CARICOM. It will be real telling. Plus why is it when other CARICOM nationals get refused entry into /deported from another CARICOM country there is no big hullabaloo about it. You don't hear them talking about boycotting anything or acting like if they have right to be in there country. I mean free movement does not mean that a country does not have a right to deny you if there is good reasoning. CARICOM needs to invest in programs to help develop infrastructure and create jobs within the member states that are not doing so well that way less persons would see the need to leave. Thats my likkle two cents.
What is interesting is that, while the Bahamas is always getting criticism at ministerial meetings of Caricom for opposing integration and free movement and not subscribing to CSME, a study was done a few years ago that shows the Bahamas has by far the largest number of other Caricom member country nationals within its borders of any Caricom member (largely due to the 40,000 or so Haitians). You do not need a CSME to promote actual migration. All the CSME does is deprive member states of their democratically derived right to manage an important element of their external affairs.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
The reason you have a massive trade imbalance is simple: Because Jamaica, like the Bahamas, is a services oriented economy (although many politicians refuse to recognise this) while Trinidad is heavily resource based, with the natural downstream manufacturing base advantage the primary resource (oil) brings. They will always have more to sell to you than to buy from you. Jamaica should instead concentrate on selling its international services (logistics, tourism etc.) more effectively while buying from Trinidad the resources and products for which the latter has a comparative advantage. In the natural scheme of things, the service based economy would be ABOVE the resource based one in the price/income chain. Too bad your politicians do not recognise this.
This is so chuck full of nonsense that I will not even bother responding.
I hope you didn't get an MBA.

robblaten

the average WI cannot afford to vaction in the UK, so the people who are going to visit tend to be those going to visit relatives. again, it's no big deal getting a visa from JA, and may be better as many of those Wi from certain countries like TNT are detained and questioned on arrival in the UK. They tend to target single women and men.
As far as US immigration, it is required to have a visiting visa to enter the US with the exception of the Uk, canada and a few other countries. I think you are talking about the lottery system or the diversity program that makes it easier for certain nationals from certain countries to obtain green card. Jamaicans are not allowed to apply for that program.
On a Bahamian passport you do not need a visa to travel to the US so long as you are not travelling from a third country and have a valid police record. Most people here travel to the US just with a police record and no visa. You only need a visa if you are coming to the US from another country.

The same is true of Bermuda and Aruba, and I assumed the whole region, but maybe not.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
You probably should have kept your 2 cents to pay down on a clue.
You don't have one.

robblaten

This is so chuck full of nonsense that I will not even bother responding.
I hope you didn't get an MBA.
Or maybe I am wrong and the imbalance is actually due to some evil conspiracy involving your local businessmen and their Trinidadian mind-controllers armed with microwave radio control panels.

The reason Jamaican policy always seems to be self-defeating is because of your seeming national penchant for ignoring economic realities and focusing on silly conspiracy theories to explain your place in the world. Good luck trying to reverse the trade imbalance while ignoring simple economics!

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
Or maybe I am wrong and the imbalance is actually due to some evil conspiracy involving your local businessmen and their Trinidadian mind-controllers armed with microwave radio control panels.

The reason Jamaican policy always seems to be self-defeating is because of your seeming national penchant for ignoring economic realities and focusing on silly conspiracy theories to explain your place in the world. Good luck trying to reverse the trade imbalance while ignoring simple economics!
Because those are the only options right?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Because those are the only options right?
Short of you guys acquiring nuclear weapons and nuking T&T, I believe Robblaten has offer up very good options. But why would you take me seriously me being a Trini and all that horrible stuff! :cool: