Two women raped in Trini, a British woman and a mother by her own son. SMH

notorious saga

Sagattarius
British national among two women rapedOct 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM ECT )

A BRITISH national was raped in Macqueripe yesterday.

Western Division detectives said at around 11 a.m. yesterday, the 44-year-old British woman, who was residing in Westmoorings, was jogging along Macqueripe Road, close to the entrance to the “Bamboo Cathedral”, when she was attacked.

Officers said the woman was approached from behind by a man who was armed with a knife and dragged into some nearby bushes.

The man, police said, proceeded to sexually assault the woman during which she was choked into unconsciousness.

After carrying out the act, officers said the attacker left the woman behind and escaped. Some time later when she regained her consciousness, officers said the woman made her way to Carenage Police Station where a report was lodged.

The woman, police said, was unable to give a facial description of the man as his face was covered with a T-shirt.

Officers said they were advising persons, and women in particular, to exercise caution when going into secluded areas. One such caution, they said, was to move in the company of others.

Meanwhile, a 41-year-old man who raped his 60-year-old mother last week Sunday will appear in the Chaguanas Magistrates’ Court today following his arrest two days ago.

The woman police said had just finished taking a shower and had wrapped her body in a towel before walking past her son’s bedroom.

Her son, police said undressed himself and followed the woman into her room before over-powering and raping her.

Missmayling

British national among two women rapedOct 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM ECT )

A BRITISH national was raped in Macqueripe yesterday.

Western Division detectives said at around 11 a.m. yesterday, the 44-year-old British woman, who was residing in Westmoorings, was jogging along Macqueripe Road, close to the entrance to the “Bamboo Cathedral”, when she was attacked.

Officers said the woman was approached from behind by a man who was armed with a knife and dragged into some nearby bushes.

The man, police said, proceeded to sexually assault the woman during which she was choked into unconsciousness.

After carrying out the act, officers said the attacker left the woman behind and escaped. Some time later when she regained her consciousness, officers said the woman made her way to Carenage Police Station where a report was lodged.

The woman, police said, was unable to give a facial description of the man as his face was covered with a T-shirt.

Officers said they were advising persons, and women in particular, to exercise caution when going into secluded areas. One such caution, they said, was to move in the company of others.

Meanwhile, a 41-year-old man who raped his 60-year-old mother last week Sunday will appear in the Chaguanas Magistrates’ Court today following his arrest two days ago.

The woman police said had just finished taking a shower and had wrapped her body in a towel before walking past her son’s bedroom.

Her son, police said undressed himself and followed the woman into her room before over-powering and raping her.
That is just nasty.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Why are people still jogging and out alone at Macqueripe?? that place is KNOWN for rapes, muggings, robberies etc, it is rather deserted especially in the mornings and evenings.. that rapist probably scoped out her movements.. sickness.. hope these two women get justice

the man raping his mother hadda be mad.. i mean really, yuh mother??? smh!

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
Why are people still jogging and out alone at Macqueripe?? that place is KNOWN for rapes, muggings, robberies etc, it is rather deserted especially in the mornings and evenings.. that rapist probably scoped out her movements.. sickness.. hope these two women get justice

It’s not right to blame the victim; the Trinidad and Tobago government should do more to protect people from these savages

mz_JazE

Southern Belle

To be fair they did say she was a Brit, and that could mean that she probably wasn't aware of the crime history in that area.

That dude raping his mother, just sick.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i didn't blame the victim.. i simply expressed surprise that people were still taking chances in that area.. but as you say, is a brit so maybe she eh know the history in truth.. one time in tnt, my bf and i went driving early in the morning, he pull up in macqueripe.. i feel like i couldnt even enjoy my lil sea bath cos i keep studying who walking down them 1000 steps .. i say never again

D

DiTriniempress

Both of these crimes are insane but your own mother though and 60 yrs old too? I would like to see what this sadist look like. Did they release any pics? I couldnt find any

notorious saga

Sagattarius
Magistrate: St Ann’s evaluation for man charged with raping mother

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM ECT )

THE MAN charged with raping his 63-year-old mother will undergo a psychological evaluation over the next two weeks.
The 41-year-old man appeared before the Chaguanas Magistrates’ Court yesterday facing charges that he allegedly had sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent and committed grievous sexual assault against her two weeks ago.
Magistrate Gillian Scotland read the two indictable charges to the man who was not called upon to enter a plea.
Charges were laid by constable Frederick of the Chaguanas CID.
The man was unrepresented during his court appearance.
After the charges were read, police prosecutor Sgt Shiva Boodoo recommended that the accused undergo evaluation at St Ann’s Hospital.
Scotland agreed and noted that he will spend the next 14 days at the institution.
She ordered that he be brought back to court on November 6.
On October 13 the woman, who was not in court yesterday, was allegedly attacked at her home.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
And is dat

Man freed on charge of raping mother

Story Updated: Nov 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM ECT )

THE WOMAN who was allegedly raped by her son went to court on Wednesday and asked that the charges be dropped.

The 63-year-old woman told the court she will get help for her son and that she intends to live in a section of the house apart from him.

Two weeks ago, the 41-year-old accused was sent for psychiatric evaluation after he appeared in court charged with having sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent and committing grievous sexual assault.

The alleged incident occurred at the woman’s home on October 13.

Chaguanas Magistrate Gillian Scotland was told on Wednesday that the report from St Ann’s Hospital stated that the accused was of sound mind.

But the court was told that the alleged victim in the case wanted the matter dropped.

Police prosecutor Sgt Shiva Boodoo questioned the woman from the witness stand on her decision, asking if she had anything promised, or if she had been threatened to discontinue the case.

She said no and also told the court that she will be attempting to get help for her son.

She said her home will be fixed to allow for the man to live in one section of the house.

Without the woman’s testimony, the prosecution would be unable to prove its case.

The matters against the man were discharged.

Missmayling

Man freed on charge of raping mother

Story Updated: Nov 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM ECT )

THE WOMAN who was allegedly raped by her son went to court on Wednesday and asked that the charges be dropped.

The 63-year-old woman told the court she will get help for her son and that she intends to live in a section of the house apart from him.

Two weeks ago, the 41-year-old accused was sent for psychiatric evaluation after he appeared in court charged with having sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent and committing grievous sexual assault.

The alleged incident occurred at the woman’s home on October 13.

Chaguanas Magistrate Gillian Scotland was told on Wednesday that the report from St Ann’s Hospital stated that the accused was of sound mind.

But the court was told that the alleged victim in the case wanted the matter dropped.

Police prosecutor Sgt Shiva Boodoo questioned the woman from the witness stand on her decision, asking if she had anything promised, or if she had been threatened to discontinue the case.

She said no and also told the court that she will be attempting to get help for her son.

She said her home will be fixed to allow for the man to live in one section of the house.

Without the woman’s testimony, the prosecution would be unable to prove its case.

The matters against the man were discharged.
Her sick son would have been killed in prison or treated like an animal in a mental hospital. Sad story.