Two women raped in Trini, a British woman and a mother by her own son. SMH

Poca

Didn't they do a rape kit? Didn't she give a deposition? Don't they have proof that she was assaulted? I'm not sure I understand why they need her consent to proceed? I guess it would be a stronger case if she testified but don't they have evidence other than her "words".

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
For raping your mother you should be beheaded. Without trial.
Not if he's mentally ill. Psych eval first, determination if is anything meds can cure and if he's likely to take the meds as prescribed..if not then they probably imprison him because if you're mentally ill it's harder to find legal grounds to kill you.

But my personal belief is he has had an illness for a longtime and his mother know something and not getting help. Caribbean sucks when it comes to getting help with things like this so she probably for all we know been fending off her weirdo offspring all his life...

EloquenceInc

Man freed on charge of raping mother

Story Updated: Nov 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM ECT )

THE WOMAN who was allegedly raped by her son went to court on Wednesday and asked that the charges be dropped.

The 63-year-old woman told the court she will get help for her son and that she intends to live in a section of the house apart from him.

Two weeks ago, the 41-year-old accused was sent for psychiatric evaluation after he appeared in court charged with having sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent and committing grievous sexual assault.

The alleged incident occurred at the woman’s home on October 13.

Chaguanas Magistrate Gillian Scotland was told on Wednesday that the report from St Ann’s Hospital stated that the accused was of sound mind.

But the court was told that the alleged victim in the case wanted the matter dropped.

Police prosecutor Sgt Shiva Boodoo questioned the woman from the witness stand on her decision, asking if she had anything promised, or if she had been threatened to discontinue the case.

She said no and also told the court that she will be attempting to get help for her son.

She said her home will be fixed to allow for the man to live in one section of the house.

Without the woman’s testimony, the prosecution would be unable to prove its case.

The matters against the man were discharged.
what the...i didn't even see this on this page before i posted.

Same thing I was saying, she been used to dealing with it apparently.

But herquickness to drop this now says to me the other possibility is SHE been sexually abusing HIM from he was young and now he is older and mind warped and it out of control in her old age. Something is wrong with both of them and the courts not going to step in and dig deeper because everyone is an adult. smh. Let's hope neither has reproduced with each other or anyone else.

EloquenceInc

Didn't they do a rape kit? Didn't she give a deposition? Don't they have proof that she was assaulted? I'm not sure I understand why they need her consent to proceed? I guess it would be a stronger case if she testified but don't they have evidence other than her "words".
There are no charges to bring if she drops them. Same thing happens all the time with abused women, if they drop the charges the courts can't go on.

Some states have changed that here in the US with what I think are potentially very dangerous ramifications if someone is wrongfully accused. Either way has it's pros and cons. However it does ensure that women too fearful or brainwashed to proceed with sense do not invite abuse and death again by letting the guy off without a day in court.

EloquenceInc

i thought in criminal cases the people/the state bring charges against the accused not the victim
Domestic violence and incest cases usually run different I think. Because it is definitely not in all states that a case can continue on even if the violence victim drop out "voluntarily"...

And we or I have no clue how incest laws work in trinidad...which I believe is what this falls under.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
Yes Poca is looking at it through a Canadian lens where we have mandatory charging laws which over-ride a victim's decision to drop charges even in an incest case like this. Not every where else on the globe treats sexual assault in the same manner.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
what does of sound mind mean?
Two weeks ago, the 41-year-old accused was sent for psychiatric evaluation after he appeared in court charged with having sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent and committing grievous sexual assault.

The alleged incident occurred at the woman’s home on October 13.

Chaguanas Magistrate Gillian Scotland was told on Wednesday that the report from St Ann’s Hospital stated that the accused was of sound mind.
that he knows right from wrong
that he knows raping her was wrong yet he chose to do it anyway

so he's a sadist?

notorious saga

Sagattarius
what does of sound mind mean?

that he knows right from wrong
that he knows raping her was wrong yet he chose to do it anyway

so he's a sadist?
Yeah of sound mind means, eh ah dam ting wrong wid em. he knew exactly wha de hell he was doing. probably was in he room jocking when he saw mammy walk by wid she towel wrap around and just lost control. yuh read wha nick said? I wouldn't put nothing pass him either. nick have the same sound mind as this fellah.