Vodou mystic bathes in fire

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Vodou mystic Bathes in fire/sights unseen part 5
<iframe width="550" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qjhvSMTdT0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Not impressed with that Haitian man at all!

In T&T we don't just bathe in fire, we have it for lunch and then spit fire just for fun while playing Jab-Jab mas on Carnival day! :cool:

Trinidad James - Female$ Welcomed (Official Music Video)
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/076eXb3Xx5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

islandhopper

In T&T we don't just bathe in fire, we have it for lunch and then spit fire just for fun while playing Jab-Jab mas on Carnival day! :cool:

<iframe width="650" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/076eXb3Xx5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I like the beat and production but am i the only one who finds this invasion of American top 40 dunce hip hop into all things west indian disgusting?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
I like the beat and production but am i the only one who finds this invasion of American top 40 dunce hip hop into all things west indian disgusting?
What is new?
West Indians have always been involved in American hip-hop from the very beginning of its history.

Guess these days we are just more upfront and brazen about letting Americans know our back ground rather than trying to pretend that we are 100% American in order for them to accept us.

islandhopper

What is new?
West Indians have always been involved in American hip-hop from the very beginning of its history.

Guess these days we are just more upfront and brazen about letting Americans know our back ground rather than trying to pretend that we are 100% American in order for them to accept us.
I am well aware of Hip Hop and its connections with Reggae and Dancehall music. I know the history of DJ Kool Herc and I know the history of wayne smith and Barrington Levy but if you cant see how the American corporate run media machine has infected the worlds music then i dont know what else to say.
it does not seem to be a positive thing to me and my ears but thats just my perspective.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?

It's not necessarily something to be "impressed" with. From what I understand they use the fire as a sort of cleansing. This is Voudou we are talking about here not some fire show for your entertainment.

As for spitting fire that is nothing exclusive to Trinidad. Pyrotechnics are done at just about every Carnival south of the United States :kicks

J

Juan Dan

I don't understand if you don't want to view it or learn about it then why bother come in here?
because on another site they are both on collie and a buncha clown maddafukkas join up and talk shit to dude as much as they can
yet collie doesnt have any help over here so he cant do it by himself

islandhopper

It's not necessarily something to be "impressed" with. From what I understand they use the fire as a sort of cleansing. This is Voudou we are talking about here not some fire show for your entertainment.

As for spitting fire that is nothing exclusive to Trinidad. Pyrotechnics are done at just about every Carnival south of the United States :kicks
Good point fire is symbol of cleansing in many cultures and religions. it is even mentioned more than once and awhile in the Bible

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers

Okay thanks.
Btw I was on a little kicks with my above post and assumed anyone reading my post would obviously work that out and have a laugh. :D

islandhopper

Okay thanks.
Btw I was on a little kicks with my above post and assumed anyone reading my post would obviously work that out and have a laugh. :D
I took it with humour and it was a jolly good snap.
Haiti and many parts of the former french west indies does not have as much humor about certain subjects as the former british west indies do. many Haitians like many Trinidadians are very nationalistic and Vodou can be a hot topic. I know you were kidding but many Haitians take any topic that realtes to their country as sacred.

islandhopper

In Suriname it was outlawed because the dutch where afraid of it.
Thats why you also hear alot of songs making fun of the slave owners.
I'd say be proud of OUR culture, there is good and bad in everything.

Obiaman dey - YouTube
Obiaman Dey - (Obeah man day) - Suriname 2013 - YouTube
very true there is good and bad attributes within all nations, cultures, races and religions. Vodou is not part of my personal beliefe system being it clashes with my religious values but all people have a right to maintain their cultural roots.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
the topic is interesting. I just dont feel the need to view actual footage.
Trust me, if it was a ritual that should not be videoed the man or anyone else around him wouldnt allow it.

But Tikreyol is correct. Fire is used for ritual cleansing.

islandhopper

Trust me, if it was a ritual that should not be videoed the man or anyone else around him wouldnt allow it.

But Tikreyol is correct. Fire is used for ritual cleansing.
oh LB you underestimate me. i can and have filmed much more taboo and secret subject matter pertaining to Vodou. Just wait and see.