Voice wins Soca Monarch for the Threepeat

dedetriniking

His voice on this night was clearly hoarse from all the singing he has been doing but the first time i heard this song I knew he had another winner.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IHU6B0WHsm0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dedetriniking

2017 Winner

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/au1-kz7HsqA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dedetriniking

...and 2016

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VGSUUYNvXKg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Congrats to Voice on doing the ISM treble!! :good:

It will be interesting to see how he does in the Calypso Monarch Finals on Sunday!

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Good for Voice......like last year, I don't agree with the format, but it is what it is.....

They will need to break this back into two parts, Power & Groovy.....but, I guess, there is no outrage !

dedetriniking

Good for Voice......like last year, I don't agree with the format, but it is what it is.....

They will need to break this back into two parts, Power & Groovy.....but, I guess, there is no outrage !
Wha ah go tell yuh Pineman. I know you like the fast stuff but tnt just gone back to its roots here by bringing the slower pace sweet melodic sound front and center again...at least for this competition.

The faster music that you like is for the road.

since Monroe give up Soca Monarch it gone to the dogs, the last good year for me was 2011 and 2013 was good because of Superblue performance. I had interest in it up until 2015, anything past that I have no clue. It started going downhill when Machel came back to soca monarch and all the big stars started backing out, basically we were left with a show of B or C list Soca stars and people lost interest.

Soca is at a point where most of the big stars are just not interested in competition, they are spending more time developing their own brand.

For it to be good again they need some of the big names to agree to come back.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Wha ah go tell yuh Pineman. I know you like the fast stuff but tnt just gone back to its roots here by bringing the slower pace sweet melodic sound front and center again...at least for this competition.

The faster music that you like is for the road.
Dede,

Maaaan, please dont make me lol, you know what i mean.....well, let me make myself clear, the History of Soca, Soca monarch is not about singing and delivering Top A toppa vocals with clarity, etc. . Vocals, partial but that is not the foundation of Soca monarch.

We went over this already.... if we going by your standards, start with SuperBlue, Iwer, Bunji, etc.. they would of never won a Soca monarch.

Let me say it for you......because i already know you is a Trini to bone and you aint gonna speak the truth regarding this matter, it'ds like them fools i battle everyday from Jamaica on social media regarding the crime.....they never want to hear the truth or that it is fcuked up there and want you never to speak what is really going on......

So, i will say it for you...the Gov't of T&T is Fcuking cheap.....not to fully fund the art and their ting......they can help to fund all of these, Pan, Groovy , Power, etc.....no where shape or form should Hype music be competing with singers or real Vocalists.....it is just senseless for for you to keep repeating it is sad......but, trust me...i get it....know your type like a book...lol, and nothing wrong, but at time you need to be truthful.

Let me refresh your memory....say what it is too, the Fanbase is weak.....they home playing on their tablets and on IG...trust me, they for the most part Wotless !

That and Desperadoes playing Woman on the Bass the Board of Tourism for T&T should show in a commercial..come take a Jump in T&T.....you see Vibes. ? ...but they are a bunch of fools....so it wont happen !

dedetriniking

Dede,

Maaaan, please dont make me lol, you know what i mean.....well, let me make myself clear, the History of Soca, Soca monarch is not about singing and delivering Top A toppa vocals with clarity, etc. . Vocals, partial but that is not the foundation of Soca monarch.

We went over this already.... if we going by your standards, start with SuperBlue, Iwer, Bunji, etc.. they would of never won a Soca monarch.

Let me say it for you......because i already know you is a Trini to bone and you aint gonna speak the truth regarding this matter, it'ds like them fools i battle everyday from Jamaica on social media regarding the crime.....they never want to hear the truth or that it is fcuked up there and want you never to speak what is really going on......

So, i will say it for you...the Gov't of T&T is Fcuking cheap.....not to fully fund the art and their ting......they can help to fund all of these, Pan, Groovy , Power, etc.....no where shape or form should Hype music be competing with singers or real Vocalists.....it is just senseless for for you to keep repeating it is sad......but, trust me...i get it....know your type like a book...lol, and nothing wrong, but at time you need to be truthful.

Let me refresh your memory....say what it is too, the Fanbase is weak.....they home playing on their tablets and on IG...trust me, they for the most part Wotless !

That and Desperadoes playing Woman on the Bass the Board of Tourism for T&T should show in a commercial..come take a Jump in T&T.....you see Vibes. ? ...but they are a bunch of fools....so it wont happen !
Pineman good point.....blue did change the whole blasted game didn't he. Rahtid! I was in some of them crowd when blue to mash it up fine fine fine. Lawwwwwwwd!

trinifrombx

His voice on this night was clearly hoarse from all the singing he has been doing but the first time i heard this song I knew he had another winner.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IHU6B0WHsm0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Blaxx, came close, but I agree we need two categories, but Voice is the real deal.

trinifrombx

since Monroe give up Soca Monarch it gone to the dogs, the last good year for me was 2011 and 2013 was good because of Superblue performance. I had interest in it up until 2015, anything past that I have no clue. It started going downhill when Machel came back to soca monarch and all the big stars started backing out, basically we were left with a show of B or C list Soca stars and people lost interest.

Soca is at a point where most of the big stars are just not interested in competition, they are spending more time developing their own brand.

For it to be good again they need some of the big names to agree to come back.

Haul yuh ! Allyuh ain't fooling we, for years you dissin wi ting, not yuh have an opinion, spare us your nonsense, we don't want to hear it.

trinifrombx

what I dissing for years? your grandfather is ras shorty? u own soca? hull yuh ass and suck your mudda dutty nanny
Allyuh Bihomos crack me up, now yuh into Wi ting, the biggest fraud on here outside of VP, we don't give a shit about your opinions, get lost yuh Bamsey licker !