What’s Schizophrenia Like? A Woman Who Hears Voices Explains It Beautifully

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
This is interesting to hear how she describes and interacts with the voices in her head as a Schizophrenic.
I just learned that a childhood friend of mine has be hospitalized yet again for the same mental illness. So this video gives a bit of insight into what she experiences and what could be possible if only she would take her medication and face that she has a serious problem.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/syjEN3peCJw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
I once saw someone with Schizophrenia talking to their voices. And they were able to acknowledge that it was voices and that the voices wanted to know what was going on in the "real" conversation that the guy was having. That was more than 10 years ago and I have never gotten over it.

It was a black guy in his 20s. He looked normal and seemed otherwise normal until he started whispering off to the side.

Sad indeed....

LB

i don't think that many of the people that take meds for mental illness are that lucid while on them
That did run through my mind too....if she was on meds or managing without them for the time being. I get the sense the "talk" aspect of her therapy has helped her because very aware of the voices and to integrate them into her daily life.

LB

I have a cousin who suffers from it. Whenever he's off his meds he believe he's God and invincible.
Someone said to be earlier that religion and mental illness dont mix......my friend sees the devil in everything and everyone. She thought she could pray away her illness so she always stops her meds at some point. Sad thing is, she becomes incredibly dangerous to herself and others then because she feels she needs to slay all the demons around her.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
that was like yesterday evening.. i'm gettin ready to go home.. i hear someone screaming at the top of their voice HELP HELP, screaming screaming.. so i walk down the hall to the window and look out to the parking lot.. this woman is clutching her hair screaming.. so i'm listening to determine if its help she said or rape.. but i watch her.. she clutches her head, screams then ran up to a couple and their two kids on the sidewalk.. the woman and kids immediately cross the street, teh man points her up the block toward the trian station.. and she is actin frantic.. so i continue watching.. then it seems he gives her money for the train.. she puts it in her bra thanks him and continues shrieking.. so i am now like okay.. pick up the phone and tell them that there's an EDP behind the R bldg, go check it out... i watch her for a few mins to see if she's a danger to people but she's just running up and down the parking lot screaming and saying no stop dont talk to me dont talk to me while holding her head.. go back to my business.. i left 20 mins later.. imagine my shock when i am walking to the corner and see an old woman casting demons out of somebody real megachurch style in the bus stop.. laying hands and everything.. so i look to see who.. whaddya know.. the SAME woman i saw outside a while back.. she's holding her head and still saying NO NO GO AWAY.. and then I hear Tantie say "demons i rebuke you in the name of Yahweh.. mschshshwdh (tongues).. that's when i walked faster lol

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
that was like yesterday evening.. i'm gettin ready to go home.. i hear someone screaming at the top of their voice HELP HELP, screaming screaming.. so i walk down the hall to the window and look out to the parking lot.. this woman is clutching her hair screaming.. so i'm listening to determine if its help she said or rape.. but i watch her.. she clutches her head, screams then ran up to a couple and their two kids on the sidewalk.. the woman and kids immediately cross the street, teh man points her up the block toward the trian station.. and she is actin frantic.. so i continue watching.. then it seems he gives her money for the train.. she puts it in her bra thanks him and continues shrieking.. so i am now like okay.. pick up the phone and tell them that there's an EDP behind the R bldg, go check it out... i watch her for a few mins to see if she's a danger to people but she's just running up and down the parking lot screaming and saying no stop dont talk to me dont talk to me while holding her head.. go back to my business.. i left 20 mins later.. imagine my shock when i am walking to the corner and see an old woman casting demons out of somebody real megachurch style in the bus stop.. laying hands and everything.. so i look to see who.. whaddya know.. the SAME woman i saw outside a while back.. she's holding her head and still saying NO NO GO AWAY.. and then I hear Tantie say "demons i rebuke you in the name of Yahweh.. mschshshwdh (tongues).. that's when i walked faster lol
In the Caribbean, right?:no2:

LB

LR, why do you scorn paragraph indentations? lol
It's too late at night to read that without paragraph breaks.