What comes to mind when you see this pic??

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
I see the pic and I think... oh a lil girl getting her hair pressed... ok. We don't know if this is a weekly thing or if it's for some occasion. Once the child's hair is washed it goes back to normal.
Exactly! I know my daughter is getting her hair curled for the first time this Easter. It's something I had done when I was her age (4), and it's just something temporarily. The little girl in the picture isn't having a chemical applied to her hair, and it's just a style.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
why are people speculating on what is this particular girl's situation??? is that the first thing that comes to YOUR mind when you see the pic?? or is that in response to other people's views.... what do you see? beauty, innocence lost, party primping.. what comes to mind..

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
the pic is not what has the biggest impact on me in this thread....it's the particular people that are choosing to engage in the conversation, and trying to make the boldest statements

it's always the people that don't identify as black that want to try to have the loudest voices in these convos....the ones that don't have the typical black grade of hair, that have minimal to zero experience with these kinds of things...STFU already

LIONESS onda RISE

the pic is not what has the biggest impact on me in this thread....it's the particular people that are choosing to engage in the conversation, and trying to make the boldest statements

it's always the people that don't identify as black that want to try to have the loudest voices in these convos....the ones that don't have the typical black grade of hair, that have minimal to zero experience with these kinds of things...STFU already
:shout:

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
just because i havent personally had that procedure doesnt mean i didnt witness people going through it or not know how to do it myself for others.. but that's neither here nor there.. the pic is to generate discussion.. all the other stuff.. par for the course..

Minxy

people have so many different views on this crap...people tell me,

don't flat iron ur daughters hair, u'll ruin it
flat iron it, there's nothing wrong with that!
Use grease
Don't use grease!

i tell u :headbang:...then when i got her hair blown out and didn't know how to wrap it, they watch me like, U DON'T KNOW HOW TO WRAP HAIR! . ...wtf do i kno bout that shit...stewps

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
yea, all this hair thing can be something else....just keep it low maintenance that's all.. depends on her hair texture you can experiment wtih different styles..

J

Juan Dan

I want my children to have pretty hair- blackman wish

:diablo::mad

dollbabi

Earth Angel
true... i used to hair tht constant pressign breaks the bonds in your hair so it would eventually be dead (straight and limp)... and yea, she cud be a lil on the young side.. maybe it was a special event...
Yes, I believe that is true for heat in general, including pressing.

ok...my point was irrelevant...but if the hair can handle be straightened that why shouldnt it be? Not all kids have that baby soft hair lol. I can see putting checmicals or some sort of process...but once water hits it, it goes back to its normal state. It looks like a stylist is doing it, not mom sittin her by the stove. The professional probably assessed her hair and gave the ok.
The child just seems a bit young for it. That's all.