What do You Know About Your European Roots?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
All of that really doesn't matter.

You still seem happy go lucky that your great great grandparents were from Europe,oreo.

The whole point was to state that most black women with white fathers during slavery wasn't from a woman's consent ,you weirdos on this website are slow to pick that up.
so you are saying that a person should be ashamed of their family heritage because of the non-african nature of that heritage??? intersting... myopic.. very very myopic. but interesting... and who is you or anybody to tell another person how they should view their heritage..

N

NaturalBornRidah

We already established that the majority of the relationships were non-consensual. However, you got your panties in the bunch when someone said that not all were and other people agreed. So why are you still talking again?
Bullshit, you came and interjected to later go off on a tangent ,you did not get the point of my post, if you read my first reply in here I said 9 of 10 communions between black women and white men in those days were forced upon (which many others agreed by the way), so of course I am aware of a few that where because of consent, does it matter,NO it doesn't,now go to bed little gal,quit playin on the net.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Bullshit, you came and interjected to later go off on a tangent ,you did not get the point of my post, if you read my first reply in here I said 9 of 10 communions between black women and white men in those days were forced upon (which many others agreed by the way), so of course I am aware of a few that where because of consent, does it matter,NO it doesn't,now go to bed little gal,quit playin on the net.
No, I replied to MsJaze. You are the one who got your panties in a bunch. For what?

N

NaturalBornRidah

are they talkin about slavery tho??? what happen to the generations after that??? is bare rape after that too?
Quite a few them were raped after slavery so it doesn't matter.
As an attempt to move up in the ladder in life,many women were in abusive relationships with white men after the fact.

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
No one cares or is arguing that it matters. The point is that while the majority of relations between white men/black women in those days may have been via rape, a significant number were not. Some of us are aware of marriages in our own families. People need to get over it. It's the truth.
Never said otherwise....:D

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
you for real??? so you saying every black woman who with a white man was raped.. so de black woman who in relationship with black man not getting psychologicially, emotionally and physicallly raped too?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
simple for you namey

most black white unions were rape oriented- premise
most black black unions were all love? who is to say they weren't similarly structured to the interracial ones?

N

NaturalBornRidah

Ahh this takes me back about when Ms Jaze aka Ms Jaded asks me a dumb ass question on how was I sure most black women/white men relationships involved rape? She never caught on and then acted as if I asked her a dumb ass question first.

I will add this excerpt to this thread since this dispels all the lies about interracial relationships history and other feeble minded individuals who think other wise.

Some of you need to check the history on bed wenches ,placaige,and splitting the Black Oak.

"The strangest freaks of despotism": queer sexuality in Antebellum African American slave narratives. - Free Online Library

In a well-known passage from Zora Neale Hurston's Their Eyes Were Watching God the elderly ex-slave Nanny explains to Janie, her adolescent and newly sexually awakened granddaughter, the plight of African American women and families under slavery. She emphasizes the necessary, corrective force of sexual repression within nascent free-black communities. Nanny wants Janie to understand why the benefits of Janie's financially stable, virtually asexual marriage to a man three times her age outweigh the prospects of a romantic union and sexual gratification with a man Janie likes. Nanny tells Janie that "us colored folks is branches without roots and that makes things come around in queer ways" (16). What Nanny's pronouncement reveals is that slavery had the effect of corrupting and contorting the most basic familial relationships. Not only did the institution deny slaves basic claims to familial, spousal, and hereditary bonds, insidiously it also assaulted their sexuality, robbing them of the basic rights of bodily autonomy and sexual choice. (1) Through Nanny, Hurston describes this violating, soul-shattering feature of slavery and its cumulative generational effects on black identity formation even after slavery's formal abolition is "queer."

Ideologies of white womanhood were articulable and meaningful only in relation to slave women's experience: forced physical labor, "natal alienation," reproductive exploitation, necessary dependence on extra-familial networks, enforced prostitution, and enslavement. (9) The differential positions held by black and white women were essential to plantation structure and economy because they determined the heritage and inheritance of all children born on the plantation. As a sexual imperative based on proper sexual object choice, heteronormativity outlawed interracial sexuality between white women and black men, and it assigned white women the responsibility of reproducing in monogamous marriages white heirs or more white masters.

Hazel Carby posits that the legislation that a slave followed the condition of his or her mother "necessitated the raising of protective barriers, ideological and institutional, around the form of the white mother whose progeny were heirs to the economic, social, and political interests in the maintenance of the slave system" (31). Under the regime of slavery, the racial category of the mother determined the status of the child: children of white women were born to the master race, children born to slave women became the enslaved. The routine rape of black women increased the wealth of slave owners and solidified an enduring association of forbidden sexuality, sexual violence, and blackness.

I have often been awakened at the
dawn of day by the most heart-rending
shrieks of an own aunt of mine, whom
[the master] used to tie up to a joist,
and whip upon her naked back till she
was literally covered with blood. No
words, no tears, no prayers, from his
gory victim, seemed to move his iron
heart from its bloody purpose.... I
remember the first time I ever witnessed
this horrible exhibition. I was
quite a child, but I well remember it.
... It struck me with awful force. It
was the blood-stained gate, the
entrance to the hell of slavery, through
which I was about to pass. (397)

According to Hartman, the "bloodstained gate" through which Douglass and other black people passed in order to become slaves was the whipping post (at once phallic and vaginal). As a metaphor for female genitalia ravaged by violation and childbirth, "the bloodstained gate" refers also to the institutional pattern of slave rape. It was not simply the whipping post but the violence, the illegitimacy, and the inchoateness of rape that produced the body, the status, and the (non)identity of the slave.

Thus, the relation of interracial rape to the formation of the slave is for Douglass threefold. First, widespread institutional rape necessitated matrilineal genealogies. Second, offending fathers were absent and did not bestow social legitimacy or a proper legacy to their offspring. Third, brute force and sexual violence not only characterized slave life but brought it literally into being. As such, the slave was not simply the product of sexual criminality but its very incarnation.

Thus Douglass proclaims slavery a matrilineal system. It was the centrality of black women to establishing kinship and heritage that determined Douglass's status--inhuman, illegitimate, slave. Hortense Spillers describes the enslaved black woman as the "principal point of passage between the human and the non-human world. Her issue became the focus of a cunning difference--visually, psychologically, ontologically--as the route by which the dominant modes decided the distinction between the self and 'other'" (White, Black 155). Early 19th-century US slaveholding culture was racist and patriarchal. Traceable heritage and the inheritance of family name, status, property, wealth, and citizenship were determined by white fathers. Douglass decries his position as a male child born to a white father, and therefore rightful heir to wealth, property, and citizenship, but robbed of his just inheritance because he was born to a black woman whose status decided his own.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Ahh this takes me back about when Ms Jaze aka Ms Jaded asks me a dumb ass question on how was I sure most black women/white men relationships involved rape? She never caught on and then acted as if I asked her a dumb ass question first.

I will add this excerpt to this thread since this dispels all the lies about interracial relationships history and other feeble minded individuals who think other wise.

Some of you need to check the history on bed wenches ,placaige,and splitting the Black Oak.
No, she asked you if you were sure it was "9/10" like you claimed. You are still upset that you can't back it up.

N

NaturalBornRidah

No, she asked you if you were sure it was "9/10" like you claimed. You are still upset that you can't back it up.
Yes and why not make that assumption, she tried to deflect as if that is not realistic number and many black women during slavery consented to and willingly went into relationships with white men.

Black women were literally whipped into liking their slave daddies.BDSM and sadism was used as well.Studs were made to sleep with which ever family member to reproduce productive stock of ########################s.

Even free negros couldn't live in certain southern states nor were they allowed to marry whites in some states.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Yes and why not make that assumption, she tried to deflect as if that is not realistic number and many black women during slavery consented to and willingly went into relationships with white men.

Black women were literally whipped into liking their slave daddies.BDSM and sadism was used as well.Studs were made to sleep with which ever family member to reproduce productive stock of ########################s.

Even free negros couldn't live in certain southern states nor were they allowed to marry whites in some states.
Again, all that was asked is if the 9/10 was in fact accurate. Can you provide that information or not? It could have been 8/10 or 7/10, which of course would still be the majority, just not 9/10. If you can't provide the info, just say so...

This discussion is not limited to slavery in the U. S.

N

NaturalBornRidah

Again, all that was asked is if the 9/10 was in fact accurate. Can you provide that information or not? It could have been 8/10 or 7/10, which of course would still be the majority, just not 9/10. If you can't provide the info, just say so...

This discussion is not limited to slavery in the U. S.
Why ask why, when you can just deduce that, I mean are we going to really make that an issue,when the majority of black female slaves on the plantation in the US were sexually exploited. I mean what other kind of nature of relationships between black women and white men could there have been during that time, a honeymoon Romeo& Juliet kind?The only reason why most female slaves stayed in the relationship was for their children to be free. Keep in mind that a mulatto woman was seen as walking sin at the time,and was dubbed the name Jezebel.