What is IFA?

Minxy

What does it mean if u are told that you have Ifa energy around u? I tried to look it up, but its so vague, seems like it means everything :confused

kevlocks

aka Karl Logan
What does it mean if u are told that you have Ifa energy around u? I tried to look it up, but its so vague, seems like it means everything :confused
That means that you have IFA's blessings to some, while to others, that's a slight suggestion that you could have the potential to become a priest of IFA. While most people become priest/priestess to a diety (i.e. - Shango, Ogun, Oshun), to become a priest/priestess of IFA is a higher calling.

BacchanalDiva

That means that you have IFA's blessings to some, while to others, that's a slight suggestion that you could have the potential to become a priest of IFA. While most people become priest/priestess to a diety (i.e. - Shango, Ogun, Oshun), to become a priest/priestess of IFA is a higher calling.
O m g :faint: giving Minx credits for bringing Kevin out!!

Minxy

Thanks! I was told exactly what u said, but wasn't told what exactly IFA was...i was also told that it is the God of impossible things? What does that mean? Whats a good book that i can use for reference? Theres so much wishy washy stuff on the net, lol

O m g :faint: giving Minx credits for bringing Kevin out!!
:victory:

I've been really busy. Life has a way of doing that to you. It seems as though much has changed since the last time I was on this site. I suppose that change is always a good thing.:good:
unfortunately with all the changes, this place remains the same :drag:...lol

kevlocks

aka Karl Logan
Thanks! I was told exactly what u said, but wasn't told what exactly IFA was...i was also told that it is the God of impossible things? What does that mean? Whats a good book that i can use for reference? Theres so much wishy washy stuff on the net, lol
The Way of the Orisa is an Orisa 101 book. They touch on IFA, but don't break it down any more than what you may be looking for.

To receive IFA is no small thing. It's like the Army "Many are called, but the chosen are few"

Minxy

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
honestly you will not find any really in-depth and/or accurate sources online. There is a reason for all the vagueness.
if u have seen or know a babalawo he would be a better source for you to get more in depth info on how it all works.
if u are willing to become a priestess just be ready to shave off all your hair for a year ijs :tease:

Minxy

yea i aready kno, im not sure that im ready for all that, not just the hair thing, that will grow back, but for all of it, but they said that i have to...im going to a misa on Sat, can't wait :yahoo: