What is the nastiest...............

BacchanalDiva

Raw onions. I cannot stand them.

After all these years, I can actually eat grits. Hubby put butter, salt and cheese in them when we went to this restaurant, and it tasted decent.
I can't do the salt and cheese thing, maybe its just a mental thing cause have to admit it doesn't actually taste bad; but once I put milk and sugar I'm back in my comfort zone.

You don't like red onions in salad? :swoon:

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
The trick to grits is to treat them like farina or porridge..add enough milk to make it creamy and some brown sugar...if americans see you they will say gross but I could care less, that's how I eat them. They tried to get me to like them w/ salt, pepper and cheese :bad:
I used to be like that until I started hating cream of wheat, and now I like grits.

I can't stand the taste of iron, and being anemic I have to take a supplement. I've tried all forms, even the ones that are supposed to have a fruity taste. Still feels like I'm drinking melted nails. :bad: Oh and I can't stand okra. The only way you can sneak it to me is in gumbo form, and even with that don't get too heavy handed with it because I'll throw the bowl out. Brussel sprouts aka baby farts are on that list too. Oh and chitlins! I haven't eaten them, but the smell alone makes me not want to even be in the same room with them being served.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
I can't do the salt and cheese thing, maybe its just a mental thing cause have to admit it doesn't actually taste bad; but once I put milk and sugar I'm back in my comfort zone.

You don't like red onions in salad? :swoon:
I'm sure that milk and sugar would make it perfect for me. He wouldn't allow that though since "that's not what goes in grits."

No...no red onions in salad. The only time I can eat onions in raw state is when they are in my mother's bean salad. Any other time...get them away from me. Yuck!

BacchanalDiva

speaking of balls...Mannish Water....Cant drink that for nothing no matter how many times I hear its "good for you"

Plus the smell of ram goat is just wrong wrong wrong.
Yoooo, some of yuh country ppl and my mother conspired to make me drink cow cock soup and I still vex! My mother ask me if I want to go to a wedding...was her JA friend daughter marridin. I say yes, hadn't been to a wedding all summer and visions of a Trini wedding going thru my head..music, food etc. She didn't tell me dem uber Christian :mad: Wedding was STALE! Dem only playing a set of gospel and hymn in the reception hall and to top it off people STARVING waiting for food to serve. Well dem start coming round to all the tables serving these bowls of soup. I take one and notice my mother not taking so I'm like "I thought you were starving, take some soup". Her: "no thanks, I'll wait". I take start drinking the soup and tell her its really good, she should try it..her: "That's ok, you enjoy it". It wasn't until a week later she at my house with another friend of hers and they talking bout the wedding and I find out what it was. I'm like "what kind of mother are you, how you let me drink that". Her: "Well, ent yuh say it was good". I will never forgive her that one SMH

BacchanalDiva

I'm sure that milk and sugar would make it perfect for me. He wouldn't allow that though since "that's not what goes in grits."

No...no red onions in salad. The only time I can eat onions in raw state is when they are in my mother's bean salad. Any other time...get them away from me. Yuck!
:kicks sounds just like mine.

BacchanalDiva

I used to be like that until I started hating cream of wheat, and now I like grits.

I can't stand the taste of iron, and being anemic I have to take a supplement. I've tried all forms, even the ones that are supposed to have a fruity taste. Still feels like I'm drinking melted nails. :bad: Oh and I can't stand okra. The only way you can sneak it to me is in gumbo form, and even with that don't get too heavy handed with it because I'll throw the bowl out. Brussel sprouts aka baby farts are on that list too. Oh and chitlins! I haven't eaten them, but the smell alone makes me not want to even be in the same room with them being served.
I never knew iron to have a taste. You sure you weren't pregnant when you started thinking you were tasting the iron? Try brussel sprouts cooked on a grill then drowned in butter. Asparagus is good like that two. Certain things taste much better when cooked on open flame and burned slightly.

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
Yeah man, they can keep them "strong back" business :kicks

I hate goat meat with a passion so I have no problem being rude and saying I wont eat or drink any part of that animal
yeah let me go ahead and add that to the list. I couldn't even stand to be around it when it was cooking at my old job.

BacchanalDiva

thats terrible. whats the point in that?

Thats like ethiopian people eating raw meat, im like wtf??
An Ethiopian bartender told me the men eat the steaming insides of a goat and drink some drink with it that's so strong it keeps them from dying from salmonella and e. coli :bad:

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
Yoooo, some of yuh country ppl and my mother conspired to make me drink cow cock soup and I still vex! My mother ask me if I want to go to a wedding...was her JA friend daughter marridin. I say yes, hadn't been to a wedding all summer and visions of a Trini wedding going thru my head..music, food etc. She didn't tell me dem uber Christian :mad: Wedding was STALE! Dem only playing a set of gospel and hymn in the reception hall and to top it off people STARVING waiting for food to serve. Well dem start coming round to all the tables serving these bowls of soup. I take one and notice my mother not taking so I'm like "I thought you were starving, take some soup". Her: "no thanks, I'll wait". I take start drinking the soup and tell her its really good, she should try it..her: "That's ok, you enjoy it". It wasn't until a week later she at my house with another friend of hers and they talking bout the wedding and I find out what it was. I'm like "what kind of mother are you, how you let me drink that". Her: "Well, ent yuh say it was good". I will never forgive her that one SMH
You see how wicked parents are?! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
I never knew iron to have a taste. You sure you weren't pregnant when you started thinking you were tasting the iron? Try brussel sprouts cooked on a grill then drowned in butter. Asparagus is good like that two. Certain things taste much better when cooked on open flame and burned slightly.
Oh no, wasn't pregnant .... Tried it in liquid form, and it had an aftertaste of orange nails. Reason why I try to eat as many greens as possible so I can avoid the supplements. It's just brussel sprouts doesn't matter I have to pass on them.

LB

Oh no, wasn't pregnant .... Tried it in liquid form, and it had an aftertaste of orange nails. Reason why I try to eat as many greens as possible so I can avoid the supplements. It's just brussel sprouts doesn't matter I have to pass on them.
even floridix tastes bad to you??

LB

I didn't even bother. call it me being shell shocked. lol
Oh gosh that bad?! lol

When u are ready, give that one a try. It tastes like a sweet syrup to me. And doesnt upset your tummy like iron in pill form does.

SKBai1991

Asosi - Don't know how to say it in english. It's a bush tea -- it works but disgusting!!

L'ouil Masketi - Once again don't know how to say it in English.
lwil maskriti is castor oil...shit is DISGUSTING but it works well, still keep a bottle in me house today. the smell is impossible to come out your clothes still

cow tripe aka menudo is anotha nasssyness of a "food"
I used to be able to have mondongo soup as a kid before I found out what it really was lol. That and souse...hate souse

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
Oh gosh that bad?! lol

When u are ready, give that one a try. It tastes like a sweet syrup to me. And doesnt upset your tummy like iron in pill form does.
It's been a few years, so I'll give it a try.