What would you do?

Poca

I was at the grocery store this afternoon and I stopped at the bakery section to get some warm baguette. Then I saw this grown man who kept picking up each baguette pull them out of the bag, touch them with his hands and putting them back in the basket. I couldn't believe what I was seeing so, I walked up to him and told him that what he is doing is totally wrong and that he should not be touching the bread with his bare hands and putting them back. I told him that his hands are probably very dirty and that he is just spreading his germs all over the bread that unsuspecting buying will carry home with them. At first, he looked shocked that someone had actually confronted and scolded them he turned all uncomfortable and apologized. I complained to the store manager and suggested that they should find a better way to display their bread because having people touching the bread with their hands is unsanitary. He agreed and baked me a new baguette.

Moqueca

I was at the grocery store this afternoon and I stopped at the bakery section to get some warm baguette. Then I saw this grown man who kept picking up each baguette pull them out of the bag, touch them with his hands and putting them back in the basket. I couldn't believe what I was seeing so, I walked up to him and told him that what he is doing is totally wrong and that he should not be touching the bread with his bare hands and putting them back. I told him that his hands are probably very dirty and that he is just spreading his germs all over the bread that unsuspecting buying will carry home with them. At first, he looked shocked that someone had actually confronted and scolded them he turned all uncomfortable and apologized. I complained to the store manager and suggested that they should find a better way to display their bread because having people touching the bread with their hands is unsanitary. He agreed and baked me a new baguette.
I would not be offended since I make all my baguettes at home from scratch

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
I'm assuming he's white...The white folks around my way are notorious for doing that and you have to watch them. Whenever we have events at my job, we have to police the food because of people like that.

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
Prob would've told him that other ppl might wanna buy the bread so he shouldn't be touching them with his bare hands. I'd also tell the bakery manager.

Poca

I'm still using a toaster oven since my oven broke down some years ago. The elements work perfectly so I find it hard to justify buying a new one just for the oven part. Plus I would have to change my fridge too so they march but the fridge also works perfectly.

Anyway, all that to say that I cannot do great baking at the moment.

I would not be offended since I make all my baguettes at home from scratch

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
I would do the same thing, and approach them nicely saying that he's not the only one trying purchase the bread. I'm with femme when it comes to policing certain groups at office functions. One time a manager just came back from a bathroom break, and stuck his claw (it just looked like a bear diving in for salmon) in an ice bucket. I told him (jokingly) that I was going to tell his wife about him putting his hand in that bucket like that. He laughed and said I'm sorry and used the ice he had in his hand. Had to clean the bucket before anybody else got a chance to get some for their cups.

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
You did everything right!