Which Caribbean Country do you think evokes the most envy & jealousy from the others

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Which Caribbean Country do you think evokes the most envy & jealousy from the others

What Caribbean Country do you think evokes the most envy & jealousy from the others and folks from the other Caribbean countries automatically don’t like you once they know you were born there?

From my experience it has to be Jamaica followed by Trinidad & Tobago but I am prepared to rethink my top two choices depending on the accuracy of views posted to this thread.

PS: This is not an island bashing thread but just a thread to get an accurate view of people's perceptions.

alyuh full of it inno, which right thinking person will be jealous or envious of

a economic basketcase, who economy survives offa remittances, and half of the population is illiterate and impoverished...with one of the most visually loose cultures in the world, where passa passa is the favorite past time, highest murder rate in the region and one of the highest in the world, history of political violence, garrison and corruption, self hate and bleaching epidemic.

all that I said equals JAMAICA

and who will be jealous of a island with more than enough resources to provide a good standard of living for the entire region, yet there is constant corruption, political strife and RACISM at all fabric of the society, where there is large scale, poverty and major ghettos at the cusps of city. who will be jealous of an island with almost 30 murders in the first few days of the year? where there is contract killings, police corruption, where every year there is a loose carnival festival of women and men parading their naked bodies and dancing in lewd suggestive way.

all that i said equals TRINIDAD

A.K.K.S.

belize from my experience..

this thread is negative
LMFAO, really? I think maybe just some imixers feel a way about a certain Belizean. :tongue:

This thread is meant to be a poll where you give your own view.
So can I take it that you agree with my top two choices?
I think alot of Trinis feel that way toward Jamaica. Now Jamaicans, Guyanese and Grenadians AFAIK feel a way toward Trinis.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
alyuh full of it inno, which right thinking person will be jealous or envious of

a economic basketcase, who economy survives offa remittances, and half of the population is illiterate and impoverished...with one of the most visually loose cultures in the world, where passa passa is the favorite past time, highest murder rate in the region and one of the highest in the world, history of political violence, garrison and corruption, self hate and bleaching epidemic.

all that I said equals JAMAICA

and who will be jealous of a island with more than enough resources to provide a good standard of living for the entire region, yet there is constant corruption, political strife and RACISM at all fabric of the society, where there is large scale, poverty and major ghettos at the cusps of city. who will be jealous of an island with almost 30 murders in the first few days of the year? where there is contract killings, police corruption, where every year there is a loose carnival festival of women and men parading their naked bodies and dancing in lewd suggestive way.

all that i said equals TRINIDAD
Envy and Jealousy aren't always logical emotions from people. They seem to be negative emotions based more on perception than on reality in most instances.

So putting aside all those facts you laid out I believe I am going more by my experience as most folks don't look at things as logically as you just did there.

PS: I don't think that racism is worse in T&T than anywhere else.

Envy and Jealousy aren't always logical emotions from people. They seem to be negative emotions based more on perception than on reality in most instances.

So putting aside all those facts you laid out I believe I am going more by my experience as most folks don't look at things as logically as you just did there.
most folks dont have to envy and jealous another island that they most likely never been to...they are trying to live their life and get ahead in life...the most people who have solid opinions of other island people, r those who r in UWI, those who live in NY, FL, UK, Toronto or those that frequently travel to other islands.

other than maybe stereotyping or something, HATE AND ENVY AND JEALOUSY is probably very few and far between.

TTCLIFEMEMBER

everyday working man
Kind of like what Swaggerific is saying, I don't think there are a lot of islanders who hate each other or are jealous/envious of each other. From my experience with Caribbean people, their biggest issues with each other come from the fact they do not value or respect each other. They place more value on people who come from outside the Caribbean than their neighbours. That's just the way their societies seem to think and it makes sense to them.

Example, the issue regarding Jamaicans being targeted in Trinidad. If these people actually respected and valued each other, there would be a genuine interest from people in both of these nations to resolve what is going on. Instead, both just brush each other off as being stupid. I'm willing to bet if a story came out about British people being targeted in Jamaica or Trinidad, there would be a lot more interest from the people of these islands to get this issue sorted out.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Kind of like what Swaggerific is saying, I don't think there are a lot of islanders who hate each other or are jealous/envious of each other. From my experience with Caribbean people, their biggest issues with each other come from the fact they do not value or respect each other. They place more value on people who come from outside the Caribbean than their neighbours. That's just the way their societies seem to think and it makes sense to them.

Example, the issue regarding Jamaicans being targeted in Trinidad. If these people actually respected and valued each other, there would be a genuine interest from people in both of these nations to resolve what is going on. Instead, both just brush each other off as being stupid. I'm willing to bet if a story came out about British people being targeted in Jamaica or Trinidad, there would be a lot more interest from the people of these islands to get this issue sorted out.
I think people's interest or lack of as you perceive it has more to do with their perception of who is more likely to cause problems in their country.
The perception may not be the reality but it is what it is.

antiguad

What Caribbean Country do you think evokes the most envy & jealousy from the others and folks from the other Caribbean countries automatically don’t like you once they know you were born there?

From my experience it has to be Jamaica followed by Trinidad & Tobago but I am prepared to rethink my top two choices depending on the accuracy of views posted to this thread.

PS: This is not an island bashing thread but just a thread to get an accurate view of people's perceptions.
Have to be Barbados.

Followed by Jamaica.

Very few people have jealousy/envy for T&T to be honest.

ProudTrini

Definitely Jamaica. Jamaica is like the Nigeria of the Caribbean. Both are the most well known on their continent whether for good or bad. Both countries are more famous than their contemporaries and it breeds resentment

Definitely Jamaica. Jamaica is like the Nigeria of the Caribbean. Both are the most well known on their continent whether for good or bad. Both countries are more famous than their contemporaries and it breeds resentment
JOKES, check my post b4, anyone who "resent" or "jealous" or "envious" of any of these nations particularly of Jamaica and Trinidad need to get their head checked

BTW who in their right mind in Africa will be jealous or contemptuous of Nigeria? that country is a mess

SKBai1991

IDK. As a Kittitian I can't say that there's any nation that we're particularly jealous of, simply because there aren't any Caribbean nations that have anything we wanting for. Culturally Jamaica may be the most influential but they don't inspire jealousy in a sense that there's nothing in Jamaica that we don't have and plenty there that we don't want. T&T may be financially more influential but for all that resources they've done little...country like that should be the Singapore or Hong Kong of the Western Hemisphere but instead it's more like the Philippines or Indonesia. All the other islands are more or less irrelevant, or are worse off.

IDK. As a Kittitian I can't say that there's any nation that we're particularly jealous of, simply because there aren't any Caribbean nations that have anything we wanting for. Culturally Jamaica may be the most influential but they don't inspire jealousy in a sense that there's nothing in Jamaica that we don't have and plenty there that we don't want. T&T may be financially more influential but for all that resources they've done little...country like that should be the Singapore or Hong Kong of the Western Hemisphere but instead it's more like the Philippines or Indonesia. All the other islands are more or less irrelevant, or are worse off.
No one island is "irrelevant"..we are all great people with a great history

robblaten

I had a Bajan friend who told me that all the Eastern Caribbean are very jealous of Bim. I cannot say if that is true, but it seems to be quite a common feeling in Barbados.

There are many Caribbean countries that I envy in one or two respects, because many of them have a far more laid back pace of life than the Bahamas. But it is a little unconstuctive to engage in a debate on who is most envious of whom.

robblaten

Barbados is like Nassau 40 years ago in some respects. So I would have to say Barbados if I had to choose. You just get a good feeling there. St. Vincent is nice, but too cloudy to be envious of. Have not been to Trini yet.

I had a Bajan friend who told me that all the Eastern Caribbean are very jealous of Bim. I cannot say if that is true, but it seems to be quite a common feeling in Barbados.

There are many Caribbean countries that I envy in one or two respects, because many of them have a far more laid back pace of life than the Bahamas. But it is a little unconstuctive to engage in a debate on who is most envious of whom.
i never in my entire life hear an EC person bad talk Barbados, some bajans too snobbish for their own good, thats what

btw u always have some dumb friends, first the two vincies who hate trinis, now a bajan who thinks no one like em