Which Caribbean Country do you think evokes the most envy & jealousy from the others

bktrini305

she said lambi is what they call conch. Is that not correct?
Some people call it lambi. Notice swag didn't know the Indian names for things. I definitely did. Lambi is a patois word.

Iwer George has a song where he states an intention to go live in Grenada, eat lambi and drink rum.

robblaten

Some people call it lambi. Notice swag didn't know the Indian names for things. I definitely did. Lambi is a patois word.

Iwer George has a song where he states an intention to go live in Grenada, eat lambi and drink rum.
It seems only Bahamas, Cayman, Turks and maybe Belize have conch in large enough quantities to form a large part of the local diet.

In general I have found it strange how much meat (chicken, pork, mutton, beef etc.) is eaten in the other islands and how little seafood, relatively speaking.

robblaten

i told u i dont know what is lambi or conch so i cant say
a conch is a large, white fleshed sea snail that is eaten cracked (breaded and fried), in fritters (like bajan fish cakes, only with conch), scorched (raw with onions), stewed, steamed, grilled or in salad (raw with lime juice, pepper, onions and tomatoes).

The national food of the Bahamas.

Ayisyen

:eek::eek::eek: The pride and joy those young men took in airing this out in front of cameras...the end killed me with the guy going to the nearby swamp with his trousers off to wash himself up...after he had just finished banging the donkey. :rofl:mad: the guy rubbing the backside of the donkey after he finished...

AROUCA-TRINI

I had a Trini girlfriend, an Indian from Chaguanas. She told me many things about Trinidad that seemed strange and different. But the thing that stood out as strangest of all was she said Trinis put ketchup and even mustard on pizza!!!! Please tell me that ain't true and this girl was lying!

I also found the accent very amusing. She would "look at" TV rather than watch it and used the word "again" meaning "anymore": for instance "I don't love you again", which I found hilarious grammatically.

She also called conch 'lambi' and said 'rice and peas' rather than peas and rice.
I don't know the term "lambi" that's because conch is not so popular here (as is lobster) I'm still learning trini terms and I've been here all my life.

It is normal when you interact with foreigners you hear little foreign ways of saying things and perceptions that are strange (like your comment about ketchup on pizza - that's normal here)

AROUCA-TRINI

Re: CONCH Some of us do know what it is and it's being advertised on the newspapers - some big food fair selling conch and something

Missmayling

a conch is a large, white fleshed sea snail that is eaten cracked (breaded and fried), in fritters (like bajan fish cakes, only with conch), scorched (raw with onions), stewed, steamed, grilled or in salad (raw with lime juice, pepper, onions and tomatoes).

The national food of the Bahamas.
HMMMM

robblaten

I don't know the term "lambi" that's because conch is not so popular here (as is lobster) I'm still learning trini terms and I've been here all my life.

It is normal when you interact with foreigners you hear little foreign ways of saying things and perceptions that are strange (like your comment about ketchup on pizza - that's normal here)
Just out of curiosity, there is no Italian ambassador in Trini, is there? Because if there was, I am certain he would have registered a STRONG diplomatic rebuke for the sacrilege committed against Italian cuisine.

Ketchup and mustard on Pizza???? No offence but I find that one even hard to register in my mind. LOL

robblaten

Another thing that is very different is that in Trinidad (and certainly in Barbados) there is literally no winter. She said it never gets into the 50's and barely ever into the 60s. Is that true?

A.K.K.S.

is does in the the bahamas??!! oh hell naw
I find that interesting.

In Belize, it can get into the 50's in the mountainous areas around December/January. That being said, it's normally ~90 degrees fahrenheit with like 200% humidity most of the year. The northern areas are flat and dry and the south is mountainous and rainy.

Does Trinidad have a rainy and dry season?

I find that interesting.

In Belize, it can get into the 50's in the mountainous areas around December/January. That being said, it's normally ~90 degrees fahrenheit with like 200% humidity most of the year. The northern areas are flat and dry and the south is mountainous and rainy.

Does Trinidad have a rainy and dry season?
google is ur friend

AROUCA-TRINI

Winter in the tropics????????????????????????? First time I heard that one. The northern islands get a cold front I heard but WINTER????

AROUCA-TRINI

The only places I know in the tropics that get year round rainfall are equatorial climates (Amazon, Equatorial Africa, Indonesia, Malaysia) Trinidad is just slightly above the equatorial zone but it does rain here bucket a drop and there was a year like about 2006 it literally rained every single day for months (I remember because a Venezuelan pointed it out to me)