Who started jouvert in New York?

dreadman

i love roti
Who started Jouvert in New York? I was talking to this girl of Grenadian decent and she told me that Grenadians started Jouvert in New York, and Trinis took it over.
Does anybody know the history of Jouvert in New York?

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Who started Jouvert in New York? I was talking to this girl of Grenadian decent and she told me that Grenadians started Jouvert in New York, and Trinis took it over.
Does anybody know the history of Jouvert in New York?
Yeah, Jouvert in New York started the year when they had a Pan boycott in NYC, WIDACA, as usual wanted to pay out small prizes for the winners, hence they took to the streets, i forgot the band, but it was overthere by Parkside and Flatbush they held their own Panarama, hence the start of it...they got their own permits the following year......if you notice, steel pan is never on the Parkway, they also ban them a few years earlier stating that they came down too slow....you think those bias as ppl on Rogers ez...nah boy !

Re : Greenz....it was after the Spice crew held court at E 53 and Clarkson at the Green House and joined in...that part i am sure of...my Barber for years was right next door....endless kicks, they are the best at that...