Why do most Jamaicans dislike Black Americans??

I notice in interacting with the different Caribbean nationalities, Many Jamaicans have a negative attitude towards Black Americans the most. Not saying that some other Caribbean people don't share negative views but Jamaicans seem to be most pronounced.

And people don't act like I am crazy, this is a fact.

Trini Juan

par wid devil n lock hell
Do a thread on what happened at Georgetown university
It almost made me shed a tear
Thank you adult grown progressive man who goes by the name swagga
Much appreciated

robblaten

This thread could just as well have been entitled "Why to Jamaicans seem to dislike everyone?" or "Why does everyone dislike Black Americans?". Both axioms are equally true.

robblaten

.....probably the single sentiment in which I find myself in absolute agreement with Jamaicans. I cherish the feeling!

This thread could just as well have been entitled "Why to Jamaicans seem to dislike everyone?" or "Why does everyone dislike Black Americans?". Both axioms are equally true.
It's kinda true, but I would say Jamaicans don't like any other black nationality cuz they think they are superior but they love white people. I don't have no issues with Black Americans, I also realize trinidadians out of all the Afro Caribbean people tend to generally have good interactions with black Americans well outside of imix.

robblaten

It's kinda true, but I would say Jamaicans don't like any other black nationality cuz they think they are superior but they love white people. I don't have no issues with Black Americans, I also realize trinidadians out of all the Afro Caribbean people tend to generally have good interactions with black Americans well outside of imix.
I find that Jamaicans' alleged sense of superiority is in fact very fragile and deceptive and an actual cover for a concealed sense of inferiority, which is dramatically evidenced by their obsession with light skin tones. Jamaicans often have a sense of shame over their failure to develop a viable society compared to almost all their regional peers since independence. Unfortunately, this is hidden behind a raw, angry defence mechanism which they display toward other, more successful regional societies.

Black Americans, on the other hand, are trapped between the subconscious knowledge that they remain the victims of a deeply unfair and uneven American social system and a need to defend it, since it is all they have! (witness their bristling at Trump's very truthful assessment of their plight as having 'nothing to lose'). Their culture is therefore both self-destructive and self-defended. I have known no more than two or three of the specimens with any hope of redemption.

Whatever else you say about Jamaicans, at least they are not Afro-Americans.

Missmayling

poor you. A jamaican man broke your azz and now you sound so bitter.

Missmayling

I find that Jamaicans' alleged sense of superiority is in fact very fragile and deceptive and an actual cover for a concealed sense of inferiority, which is dramatically evidenced by their obsession with light skin tones. Jamaicans often have a sense of shame over their failure to develop a viable society compared to almost all their regional peers since independence. Unfortunately, this is hidden behind a raw, angry defence mechanism which they display toward other, more successful regional societies.

Black Americans, on the other hand, are trapped between the subconscious knowledge that they remain the victims of a deeply unfair and uneven American social system and a need to defend it, since it is all they have! (witness their bristling at Trump's very truthful assessment of their plight as having 'nothing to lose'). Their culture is therefore both self-destructive and self-defended. I have known no more than two or three of the specimens with any hope of redemption.

Whatever else you say about Jamaicans, at least they are not Afro-Americans.
The Black Trump has spoken.:bydebar The US doesn't send its high class AA tourists to the Bahamas. Its their welfare moms, hooligans and broke azz vacationers that tend to choose your country for fun and relaxation. Also when it comes to illegal immigration, you are sick of Jamaicans using the Bahamas as a toilet or a jump off to the US. Got it.

anyways, what nationalities are you guys mixing more with over there?

robblaten

The Black Trump has spoken.:bydebar The US doesn't send its high class AA tourists to the Bahamas. Its their welfare moms, hooligans and broke azz vacationers that tend to choose your country for fun and relaxation. Also when it comes to illegal immigration, you are sick of Jamaicans using the Bahamas as a toilet or a jump off to the US. Got it.

SHE Is BACK!! And as entertaining (and inaccurate) as ever.

Only one problem with your analysis: the Bahamas is about the most expensive destination in the region (with by far the highest wages, prices and room rates) and Jamaica is one of the cheapest. Resorts like Atlantis, Ocean Club, Baker's Bay, Winding Bay etc. would be outside the budget of your welfare moms, quite unlike the $50 a night prices they would find in a Yard.

Of course, this analysis focuses on resort properties and excludes cruise trash (in the company of which, if you ever came here, you would have been), which explains your error.

robblaten

As for your tip on immigration, I will hurry and inform the department of immigration tomorrow that all the Jamaicans and others packed up here are actually trying to make it to the land of Trump and Hillary. They will be SOOO happy, since all we would then have to do is give safe passage and rid ourselves of an estimated 60,000!

Only problem with that plan is that any Jamaican, Haitian or other with a valid Bahamian work permit is entitled to a US visa as easy as buying candy.......and yet they only tend to go over for the weekend for cheap shopping and head right the hell back!! So presumably it only affects illegals.

robblaten

Trump is in fact my hero. He both makes the US look like the azz that it is and exposes the corruption and stupidity of robots like the Clintons and the system of unthinking patronage that makes black Americans the totally predictable, taken-for-granted asinine one-issue interest group that they have been reduced to.

Big up the Donald.

TRUMP THAT BIATCH!!

Lucianite

Robblatan

What if a person expresses a clear disdain for Bahamians and ( attempts to ) insults them in every breath, then claims to want to decide who and which party would best serve them- what would be your response and reaction to that person ?

Lucianite

I notice in interacting with the different Caribbean nationalities, Many Jamaicans have a negative attitude towards Black Americans the most. Not saying that some other Caribbean people don't share negative views but Jamaicans seem to be most pronounced.

your personal and anecdotal experience may be a fact
Extrapolating to a generality is NOT a fact
This is a personal Opinion of yours

One may point to a sizable group of people who refer to themselves as "jamericans"
To counter YOUR OPINIONS. In the case of Jews and blacks in crown heights there have been riots and numerous incidents to document a rift. What measure are you using to determine there it is a FACT that Jamaicans have a more pronounced negative view of African Americans ?

biggadon

I totally disagree that Jamaicans have a disdain for AA.... if you said that SOME Jamaicans THINK they are superior to other West Indians that I would agree with.

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
This is so stupid. There is no Black/African group that does not have a colonial mentality. In other islands, they worship Indians and half-Indians. Even Africans who are pure are bleaching their skin. This is not a phenomenon that has anything to do with being Jamaican.

Jamaicans are actually the most anti-White and race proud in the Caribbean. It is demonstrated in the music, in the maroon activities, and in daily life.

Growing Up a Black Girl in Trinidad | Huffington Post

Colourism: Why even black people have a problem with dark skin

Trini Juan

par wid devil n lock hell
This site filled with low class fishes n man hating low class whores

And most likely them n swagga fukkin the same people

Even more so fishes like trini reporter most likely trading disease with swagga

Whole point being
Trashy low class whoring hood rat fishes are insignificant

Yo momma yo momma project welfare bklyn n ghetto trinis

Say the fuk u pieces of shit not ghetto?
Akin to giggling dogs

8thWonder

Pure bullshit!!!

your personal and anecdotal experience may be a fact
Extrapolating to a generality is NOT a fact
This is a personal Opinion of yours

One may point to a sizable group of people who refer to themselves as "jamericans"
To counter YOUR OPINIONS. In the case of Jews and blacks in crown heights there have been riots and numerous incidents to document a rift. What measure are you using to determine there it is a FACT that Jamaicans have a more pronounced negative view of African Americans ?
Thank you there is a reason why Jamaicans coined the phrase Jamerican. I'm telling you this site is nothing but lies,especially from some of the Trinis.

This is so stupid. There is no Black/African group that does not have a colonial mentality. In other islands, they worship Indians and half-Indians. Even Africans who are pure are bleaching their skin. This is not a phenomenon that has anything to do with being Jamaican.

Jamaicans are actually the most anti-White and race proud in the Caribbean. It is demonstrated in the music, in the maroon activities, and in daily life.

Growing Up a Black Girl in Trinidad | Huffington Post

Colourism: Why even black people have a problem with dark skin
Where you does come from? Most race proud? Ha anyway the fact remains many of them dislike Aframs