Why Do West Indians Get Along With Southern AA's and Not Northern Ones?

SKBai1991

Likewise, why is it so difficult to understand that some ppl tend to interact with more diverse groups of ppl, and can't relate to what you are saying?
I understand it perfectly, but I'm not the one here saying people's experiences are "bogus".

N

NaturalBornRidah

Likewise, why is it so difficult to understand that some ppl tend to interact with more diverse groups of ppl, and can't relate to what you are saying?
No african americans in a neighborhood in NYC, that's a bit strange cause even the richest neighborhood in NYC is going to have the rapper, NBA star, or Drug Dealer there,OPPS.:duck:

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
but does that mean you will interact wit them? i dont know half of the people in my neighbhorhood like that.. i simply dont linger in front of the house where i'd see them to interact.. i knwo the ones on either side.. but down the block? naw..

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
some of you people are so LIMITED.....

the same ones that claim they have no "meaningful" interactions with AA's are the same ones that will try to convince you they are elevated in experiences are for Black unity, and upliftment

HA!

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
why does it have to come down to that though? maybe, people simply keep their friendships from when they were young? why does it always have to reflect on some greater agenda? are a lot of people on a recruitment drive for the Panafricanist movement in their every waking moment? everybody doesn't operate using the same manual..

SKBai1991

some of you people are so LIMITED.....

the same ones that claim they have no "meaningful" interactions with AA's are the same ones that will try to convince you they are elevated in experiences are for Black unity, and upliftment

HA!
Its not like I avoid them, I just don't come across a whole lot of em. I lived the first half of my life abroad, lived in a mostly Dominican neighbourhood when I came here and then moved to a mostly West Indian neighbourhood and went to school with mostly West Indians, Haitians and Africans all through grad school.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
some people jus more insular than others.. in high school, i was friendly and talked to everybody, everybody knew me i knew them but i considered my friend circle to be very small because i chose to spend my time both in and out of school with a select few.. didn't mean i shunned the others, it's just they didnt interest me that much *shrug*..

same way in my dept now.. i can't say honestly that i interact with 95 percent of my dept (partially because they're in a different floor and building from where me and the ones in the offices around me are in) but since i dont see them daily i dont interact with them as much (if at all) as the ones on my floor.. and even then.. i dont seek them out outside of work hours.. ... my last dept - more people my age, so we hung out outside of work a bit more..