Why is Bullying a Big Issue Now Ever Since Gay Kids Have Committed Suicide

Inquistive

Bullying is nothing new. But ever since gay kids have committed suicide, it became a huge campaign to end bullying on the behalf of gay teens.

B

Black Madonna

it's always been an issue since straight teens were committing suicide. cyber bullying, etc, etc.

nothing to do with gayness.

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
its a big issue now because you have kids wantin to shoot up their whole school and plant all kind of bombs and shit to get revenge...

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
bullying is an issue because kids these days are wimps with no social skills it appears.. if they need an app.. SOSH Lite to teach them how to socialize, then that's a problem.. it seems like they are so protected from everything they dont know how to deal with anything.... its really sad that teachers can't tell them they're not doing well cos that will fck up their self esteem.. so they end up feeling good about themsleves but cant read, write or add for shit... i find kids these days are just coddled and not taught how to interact with the world at large..

Tha Biz

bullying is an issue because kids these days are wimps with no social skills it appears.. if they need an app.. SOSH Lite to teach them how to socialize, then that's a problem.. it seems like they are so protected from everything they dont know how to deal with anything.... its really sad that teachers can't tell them they're not doing well cos that will fck up their self esteem.. so they end up feeling good about themsleves but cant read, write or add for shit... i find kids these days are just coddled and not taught how to interact with the world at large..
excellent

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
Thats not true... Bullying been around forever... has nothing to do with one generation being weaker than the other...
Bullying is an issue now because you have big tragedies that came from bullying..

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Thats not true... Bullying been around forever... has nothing to do with one generation being weaker than the other...
Bullying is an issue now because you have big tragedies that came from bullying..
there will always be bullies.. there will always be stronger thn u and weaker than you,.. u have to learn to stand up for yourself and just keep trucking... kids these days dont know how to deal with anythinggggggg so things that you and i wouldnt think twice about, they would be in therapy for years to come about.... esp in america where if you blink your eyes fast you will be diagnosed as having rapid occular movement syndrome and prescribed something.. smh... they just cant deal.. its like when u keep children from gettin germs... their immune system doesnt work and then they get sick from everything.... even with pets.. i am YET to hear of a dog in the caribbean coming down with cancer!

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
there will always be bullies.. there will always be stronger thn u and weaker than you,.. u have to learn to stand up for yourself and just keep trucking... kids these days dont know how to deal with anythinggggggg so things that you and i wouldnt think twice about, they would be in therapy for years to come about.... esp in america where if you blink your eyes fast you will be diagnosed as having rapid occular movement syndrome and prescribed something.. smh... they just cant deal.. its like when u keep children from gettin germs... their immune system doesnt work and then they get sick from everything.... even with pets.. i am YET to hear of a dog in the caribbean coming down with cancer!
but that does not mean dogs in the caribbean don't have cancer.. they just dont treat it..

So what we supposed to do blame the victim? Ok, the world is cruel and kids need to deal but that dont mean we just let the world continue being cruel... You tell a kid to toughen up and stand up for himself... To one kid that might mean keep on going, to another kid it may mean start goin upside the next person head who look at him wrong... and what will happen next, the bully will get his boys, then the bully victim will get a weapon, then the bully's boys will get their weapons...
how bout nippin it in the bud where it need to be stopped at, the bully
You cant blame the victim..

Last edited:
B

Black Madonna

but that does not mean dogs in the caribbean don't have cancer.. they just dont treat it..

So what we supposed to do blame the victim? Ok, the world is cruel and kids need to deal but that dont mean we just let the world continue being cruel... You tell a kid to toughen up and stand up for himself... To one kid that might mean keep on going, to another kid it may mean start goin upside the next person head who look at him wrong... and what will happen next, the bully will get his boys, then the bully victim will get a weapon, then the bully's boys will get their weapons...
exactly. bullies are mentally ill kids, who have issues so they prey on the well adjusted kids who dont need to behave like savages. And telling victims to "man up" is why you have tragedies like Columbine. there will be no end until bullies learn their behavior is not acceptable nor normal behavior. anybody who encourages that and think that is normal socialization needs their head checked. bullies are cowards not...not strong. cowards who hide behind aggression.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous

nobody is blaming the victim.. its just that in the us of a. eveyrthing is taken overboard,,, u and i both know this... lil chirren cant hug their friends in school no more due to what one or two random peopel will do... you teach your child to deal with situations and be able to determine what is what from young... its like people who forget to teach their children how to survive away from them, and then when they go off to college act the fool.. why? cos they've never been taught how to behave in the wider society so they act stupid and get caught up and turned out and trained and all sorts of shit.... i've never said blame the victim...i've just stated that some people cannot deal with life outside of their parents/home sphere...

so all the fockery about anybody who supports this blah blah blah.. keep that enthusiasm for the degree in armchair psychology.. you have parents who raise their kids to "put their hands up" for any and every infraction.... oh you can't be lookin at me, whatchu lookin at? bam, punch thrown.. no.. once you see kids acting like that.. avoid them... but learn to determine who they are... a lot of the time, the bullies are marginalized and learn that fighting puts fear into other people's minds and places them in a position of power... and to some any attention is good attention... i also learned that some folks are naturally weaker than others, and something silly like askin to see a watch for a few mins and keepin it longer than that will drive some kids to tears .... sometimes you just have to teach kids that there are all types in the world and you may have to deal with them sooner or later... and equip them how to do so.. the type of bullying will also depend on the type of environment.. so the type of bullying a private school may differ from that in a public school... bullying among girls has a different face to bullying among boys.. you have to know your child and their temperament and give them the mental strength to deal with whatever life throws at them... i was never a victim of peer pressure... allegedly a perpetrator but never a victim of it.. just not in my nature...

J

Juan Dan

exactly. bullies are mentally ill kids, who have issues so they prey on the well adjusted kids who dont need to behave like savages. And telling victims to "man up" is why you have tragedies like Columbine. there will be no end until bullies learn their behavior is not acceptable nor normal behavior. anybody who encourages that and think that is normal socialization needs their head checked. bullies are cowards not...not strong. cowards who hide behind aggression.

brillyant

BacchanalDiva

Once upon a time the world was such a cruel place that most societies had no regard for human life much less animal life, the environment etc. Childhood didn't really exist, ppl didn't have much empathy for those less fortunate than themselves -true survival of the fittest. We've come a long way right? I'm sure many ppl from that era if alive today would say things were just fine and ppl these days need to toughen up. Just because you came out of your childhood years unscathed doesn't mean ppl should stop trying to make the world a kinder, safer better place. Every time the spotlight is shone on a negative/harmful behavior/practice and that behavior/practice is marginalized and penalized the world becomes a better, safer place. You might have kids one day and you know how old ppl say "yuh make d chile but yuh doh make its mind"...you can raise/teach the child however/whatever but you can't predict what the child's personality is like..so your kid at some point might be the lil punk that cries for everything, won't stand up for itself, dreads going to school, has poor grades and maybe even contemplates suicide because of bullying.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
yea the probably did, but now they actually doin it
Only because more information is available to them through the internet. If in my time we had access to the same info I sure a few schools get bombed long time and far more people get shoot up. But it wouldn't be random like these days it would be targeted because back then we were actively socializing and not chatting, skyping, bbming and texting. These generations of children who were teenagers from around the turn of the millennium and coming forward completely suck at socializing. And that is why they resort to these kinds of stupid passive aggressive attempts to ressolve their feeling of low self esteem.

As a yute man I was small and nuff people try dat bully shit and get dey ass turn back. I lose fights yeah, but ah show dem it wasn goin dong de way they planned and we would have to scrap every single time they come near me. Soon enough some ah dem same fockaz decide is better we be friends dan enemies. I don't blame only social media doh because is a sign of the times. Parents have to be proactive about getting their kids into social situations. Easiest way is to make them play sports of some kind. My 7 year old love his videogames and yet he will never choose them over the opportunity to go a swimming lesson, soccer practice or Tae Kwon Do. I have friends with children the same age and you can already see the lazyness and obsession with the games starting to take hold. Parents have to do better by their children and this thing will become much less of a hinderance to children's advancement than it seems to be these days.