Why no Affluent Black Communities in NYC?

Inquistive

There's not one affluent black neighborhood in NYC. Places where the majority are black are all poor.

Why is that?

DC, Atlanta, LA, and Chicago all have affluent black neighborhoods.

But when it comes to NYC, not one. All black areas are ghettos.

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
Laurelton, rosedale, springfield gardens, are middle class to upper middle class black (mostly west indians) communities

dedetriniking

There's not one affluent black neighborhood in NYC. Places where the majority are black are all poor.

Why is that?

DC, Atlanta, LA, and Chicago all have affluent black neighborhoods.

The affluence part i can't vouch for but the other part about places where majority of black people live being all poor is poppycock. I live in carnasie which is probably a good 70 percent black and if i were to venture a guess i would say less than 15% of the people here might be considered poor.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
Opti'....NYC is one of the Oldest Cities in America. When NYC had "Affluent Black Neighborhoods", they probably were the only affluent Black neighborhoods in America. I.E Harlem, Mount Vernon, and then Brooklyn. In NYC, unlike the other cities u mentioned.....the Green of the dollar bill is what matters most, and when u have it...u can live anywhere u like. Where in the other cities no matter how much money u have, u are still limited to "Affluent Black Neighborhoods".....lol, Which to a New Yorker is a FAIL.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
The affluence part i can't vouch for but the other part about places where majority of black people live being all poor is poppycock. I live in carnasie which is probably a good 70 percent black and if i were to venture a guess i would say less than 15% of the people here might be considered poor.

but they damn sure ain't affluent

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
i just caught this part about all black areas are ghettos...

that is the furthest from the truth... not all black neighborhoods in NYC are ghetto... you been readin from the gospel according to Brownilus or something?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
they own their own homes, etc.. they may not be filthy rich but they aint broke... plus a whole bunch of nurses and healthcare people live in canarsie.. they make their money

N

NaturalBornRidah

Opti'....NYC is one of the Oldest Cities in America. When NYC had "Affluent Black Neighborhoods", they probably were the only affluent Black neighborhoods in America. I.E Harlem, Mount Vernon, and then Brooklyn. In NYC, unlike the other cities u mentioned.....the Green of the dollar bill is what matters most, and when u have it...u can live anywhere u like. Where in the other cities no matter how much money u have, u are still limited to "Affluent Black Neighborhoods".....lol, Which to a New Yorker is a FAIL.
In other cities areas most black people live in the suburbs or metropolitan areas.And they would make at least over 100k to live there places,like Pasadena, Ladera Heights,Baldwin Hills,Carson in California.

Bucket Head,Alpheratta in Georgia

Prince George's county & Silver Springs in Maryland

All are affluent black neighborhoods.

@ Optimizm

Laurelton is a neighborhood in queens were it should be upper middle class.

Some parts of Harlem should be changing into a black middle class( I think),but not compared to other black neighborhoods across the US.

Where are you from Optimizm I'm speaking of where in the US?