Why no Affluent Black Communities in NYC?

BacchanalDiva

Madame CJ Walker did not die in NYC.Is Irvington NYC?

The Key word for Kwame Nkrumah is spent time not making it his permanent place of residence.

As for your point saying that families move to another place to do good, that is my point, success of black people is not confined to NYC.

Also I know your saying their legacy is in White Plains,Irvington,and Greenwich is a joke right.

Also Atlanta's being known for having affluent blacks from all over does not seem to be fading anytime soon, how long would you say Harlem's period for black prosperity lasted?
Irvington NY....westchester....suburb of NYC. I'm not sure what your point is as far as how long harlems glory days lasted. Harlem has a history that is famous worldwide. Not to take anything away from ATL, again, this is not about 1 vs the other. The whole point is ny's history and how that relates to the lack of communities populated predominantly by well to do blacks.

BacchanalDiva

Oh and let me give you an example to show you what I mean when i to say those legacies moved out of the city...there is an area of new Rochelle where all homes are valued north of 700k a good amt of them at 1M+ that area is predominantly blacks of west Indian descent and majority of them have their US roots in Brooklyn, Bronx, and queens. They happened to buy homes in black enclave but most don't, most will be found living in whatever area suits their tastes and needs. Not to mention many ppl of all races move out of the city when their kids are about to start school because the NYC school system leaves much to be desired. Thats a big difference between states because PG county for example claims to have the biggest populationof high earning blacks yet they have a school system that's very poorly rated...those blacks obviously find it more important to live around ppl who look like them.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
".but the point in bringing up that period is that Black New Yorks have been doing big things and making big money in large numbers for a long time. So the idea of huddling in big well to do black neighborhood is pretty yesterday"

BD - I think the subtlety of your and Colo's as well is being lost on NBR. This I think sums all of what you have been trying to say. The argument isnt about "better" or "best" as it seems to want to veer off to...

Capitaine

Banned
Oh and let me give you an example to show you what I mean when i to say those legacies moved out of the city...there is an area of new Rochelle where all homes are valued north of 700k a good amt of them at 1M+ that area is predominantly blacks of west Indian descent and majority of them have their US roots in Brooklyn, Bronx, and queens. They happened to buy homes in black enclave but most don't, most will be found living in whatever area suits their tastes and needs. Not to mention many ppl of all races move out of the city when their kids are about to start school because the NYC school system leaves much to be desired. Thats a big difference between states because PG county for example claims to have the biggest populationof high earning blacks yet they have a school system that's very poorly rated...those blacks obviously find it more important to live around ppl who look like them.

here the big difference
white, Asian, Hispanic, Jew, etc.. want to live among those who look like them, who share they value and also they culture, they want to marry exclusively people of they own race and make they Neighborhood better instead of going to another one

but when it come to black
we want to live everywhere even if we do not feel welcome,
we want to marry anyone from anywhere whether is fat, ugly, underachiever, and have no problem turning our back to our community, rather than built it to make it better, and are always looking for sympathy from other groups of people rather than be the leader of our own

that is a big difference and it also the reason why we're at the bottom and will remain there a long a this pattern continue

LB

that might be true for working and middle class chinese, Indian, etc etc but I not for the truly affluent in those ethnic groups. They follow the same patterns especially once u get to 2nd and 3rd generations.

plus its an over-simplification to say blacks run a way and the rest. Run away from what? poverty? crime? poor schools?
like i said, you can invest in any neigborhood and employ who over you like, but u dont have to live there to do it. One has nothing to do with the other in terms of implementing what u believe in.

Capitaine

Banned
plus its an over-simplification to say blacks run a way and the rest. Run away from what? poverty? crime? poor schools?

it has become so dramatic, after we left otherwise thing could have been much more different

politician, police, etc. don't care about poor and uneducated people, but the presence of a middle class in those Neighborhood could have induce some changes,

the reality is also the same in our own respective country where the more affluent and educated among us have left and the rest took over and create a ghetto kingdom that no respectful people will want to live in

LB

that no respectful people will want to live in

again living there isnt the main solution to what u are speaking of. That's a separate conversation all together.

Capitaine

Banned
that no respectful people will want to live in

again living there isnt the main solution to what u are speaking of. That's a separate conversation all together.
Nop

what we need to do is to create our own neighborhood, where the majority of the black middle class and affluent, can call home and also feel secure and welcome instead of always going to the white neighborhood to feel that way.

The Big Question is

Can we do it ourself
can black folks educate another black folks and also provide the basis service to another blacks without the help of white people

those things are legacy

LB

again, u are having a separate conversation from what is being said here because what u are talking about is much more than just creating "neighborhoods" because it isnt as if so-called black neighborhoods havent existed.

P.S.: I feel welcome where-ever *I* choose to be. That is a state of mind that no one white or black can touch.

Capitaine

Banned
again, u are having a separate conversation from what is being said here because what u are talking about is much more than just creating "neighborhoods"

Forgive my misunderstood
Maybe i miss something, can you formulate it for me what this conversation was all about

because it isnt as if so-called black neighborhoods havent existed
not to the extent that it should have been

P.S.: I feel welcome where-ever *I* choose to be. That is a state of mind that no one white or black can touch.

Of Course My Love
Freedom is the basis of all life and success

N

NaturalBornRidah

Irvington NY....westchester....suburb of NYC. I'm not sure what your point is as far as how long harlems glory days lasted. Harlem has a history that is famous worldwide. Not to take anything away from ATL, again, this is not about 1 vs the other. The whole point is ny's history and how that relates to the lack of communities populated predominantly by well to do blacks.
Harlem is worldwide known, no doubt;l but it has lost its title as being the number one place for ''African American prosperity and Wealth''.Blacks in ATL are in modern times known for being more well off and more intriguing .

Black People flock to ATL to achieve their career goals more than they do for Harlem in the past 2 decades,so I would say its the events transpiring there that would relate to the blacks in the rest of the country currently.

Irvington and Westchester is still not NYC,that's the point.

N

NaturalBornRidah

the schooling system in PG county is not bad.

And many blacks from in PG County once lived in DC.

Also on a side note compare your transportation systems like the LIRR,NJ PATH, and the NYC MTA, the MTA is only limited to the city and has a different fare and not metro cards of the MTA.

Same thing with them LI Buses they only pick up in Queens but don't drop of in Queens when their destined route is for LI.

So the METRO area of NYC cannot even name a solid transportation system.

Last edited:

BacchanalDiva

Harlem is worldwide known, no doubt;l but it has lost its title as being the number one place for ''African American prosperity and Wealth''.Blacks in ATL are in modern times known for being more well off and more intriguing .

Black People flock to ATL to achieve their career goals more than they do for Harlem in the past 2 decades,so I would say its the events transpiring there that would relate to the blacks in the rest of the country currently.

Irvington and Westchester is still not NYC,that's the point.
:headbang: you are absolutely correct Ladybug, he seems intent on arguing which is better. This is like trying to talk soca with VP. NBR, take win.

sankofaa

Affluennt black community in FL???

What do you think opti?

Miramar, FL United States
Total Area Household Income $2,498,479,132
Median Household Income $73,165 $55,970
Average Household Income $84,691 $74,974
Per Capita Household Income $26,822 $28,779

Population by Race

White 40.81%
Black or African American 42.02%
American Indian and Alaska Native 0.08%
Asian

Owner Households, With Mortgage Any 92.32%

N

NaturalBornRidah

:headbang: you are absolutely correct Ladybug, he seems intent on arguing which is better. This is like trying to talk soca with VP. NBR, take win.
You did say that the wealthy black in NYC have been more affluent than other blacks across the country did you not?

sankofaa

the schooling system in PG county is not bad.

And many blacks from in PG County once lived in DC.

Also on a side note compare your transportation systems like the LIRR,NJ PATH, and the NYC MTA, the MTA is only limited to the city and has a different fare and not metro cards of the MTA.

Same thing with them LI Buses they only pick up in Queens but don't drop of in Queens when their destined route is for LI.

So the METRO area of NYC cannot even name a solid transportation system.
PG county schools are the worst in the DC metro area

Inquistive

Affluennt black community in FL???

What do you think opti?

Total Area Household Income $2,498,479,132
Median Household Income $73,165 $55,970
Average Household Income $84,691 $74,974
Per Capita Household Income $26,822 $28,779

Population by Race

White 40.81%
Black or African American 42.02%
American Indian and Alaska Native 0.08%
Asian

Owner Households, With Mortgage Any 92.32%
Yeah heard about there, but who the fuk would want to live there?