Why no Affluent Black Communities in NYC?

sankofaa

Yeah heard about there, but who the fuk would want to live there?
Why not? It borders dade county, not far from prestine beaches, entertainment and good restaurants within. Plus alot of middle class and wealthy black new yorkers make up it's population.

N

NaturalBornRidah

".but the point in bringing up that period is that Black New Yorks have been doing big things and making big money in large numbers for a long time. So the idea of huddling in big well to do black neighborhood is pretty yesterday"

BD - I think the subtlety of your and Colo's as well is being lost on NBR. This I think sums all of what you have been trying to say. The argument isnt about "better" or "best" as it seems to want to veer off to...
Really ,maybe your friend thinks other wise.

I am of the opinion that the social climate of NY/NJ/CT created an easier experience for african americans.
Ladybug, I agree with colo's point. I think that blacks on this side stayed ahead of blacks in other parts of the country in regards to freedom of movement, breaking down barriers etc.
So LadyBug you did peep that your friend is saying NYC is the best for blacks in the US, and you take it that I am the one that is trying to argue.

BacchanalDiva

You did say that the wealthy black in NYC have been more affluent than other blacks across the country did you not?
No...that is not what I said. From the beginning I said that IMO the social climate of ny made it easier for blacks to amass wealth and break down barriers EARlIER than other states. That does not mean all blacks in other states were still sharecropping or that none were entering respected professions but it was easier done here than Midwest and definitely than in the south.

BacchanalDiva

So LadyBug you did peep that your friend is saying NYC is the best for blacks in the US, and you take it that I am the one that is trying to argue.
Is best for blacks the same as conducive to black success during a particar period of history? Omg do you actually read or just scan the posts and guess what a person is saying?

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings

lawd, unno can be touchy as hell aint it? lol The woman isnt even arguing with u. And no I dont see where she is saying its the best for blacks. Hell I dont even believe that and I am NOT in the States. Plus that isnt the substance of her discussion hence my point that the convo keeps veering off into the wrong meaningless direction. She addressed the original question about why there isnt any affluent black communities in NYC....not a competition about which city is "better". And that is what I highlighted. Someone disagreeing with u doesnt mean they are fighting with u either.

anyhow, all u Americans can go around in circles about your cities all u like.

N

NaturalBornRidah

Is best for blacks the same as conducive to black success during a particar period of history? Omg do you actually read or just scan the posts and guess what a person is saying?
It is when you try to claim that certain individuals of African descent AA,WI,or continental African all lived in NYC as it was there place of residence, when in fact many went there but did not settle down there, ie Kwame Nkrumah,Fredrick Dougless, etc

lawd, unno can be touchy as hell aint it? lol The woman isnt even arguing with u. And no I dont see where she is saying its the best for blacks. Hell I dont even believe that and I am NOT in the States.
Alight wipe the dust off the computer screen ,and look again.

I wouldn't think you would be that benign to what she said or what she was trying to project in this thread.

Take a look at the provided examples, you can clearly see she is implying and saying that NYC is the most prospective spot for AAs and Blacks in the US in general.

SMH,I can't believe the denial.

Thing is that you can't deny that NY is the place that blacks have come to make it big.

Its actually very hard to thing of any big name blacks that were not either from or spent significant time/migrated to NY outside of music (Chicago is big there) and the big civil rights ppl like Dr King..but they weren't rich.
I think that NY always has or wanted to have that progressive mentality so even during the worst of Jim Crow, you had more whites here that had or at least pretended to have more progressive attitudes towards blacks. So blacks here with money had earlier firsts..firsts to go to certain schools, first to enter certain professions etc.

Plus that isnt the substance of her discussion hence my point that the convo keeps veering off into the wrong meaningless direction.

She addressed the original question about why there isnt any affluent black communities in NYC....not a competition about which city is "better". And that is what I highlighted. Someone disagreeing with u doesnt mean they are fighting with u either.
Truthfully , I wasn't trying to argue ,why would you even assume that anyway.

I recall her post addressed to me in a very offensive brash manner,especially when she said I don't live in NYC so don't say anything about it,why would she make that assumption?:meeting:

I wouldn't know what the substance of her discussion is to tell you the truth, but you cannot blame me for the original topic being derailed, people came in here with a whole lot to say.

But it seems you make too much assumptions if you didn't read this whole thread to get the full story, that's alright,you might not have had that kind of time on your hands, but please don't act like you know the whole story and say I'm here to argue , that's not my style,I have better things to do.

anyhow, all u Americans can go around in circles about your cities all u like.

All you Americans?

bugs dont address that primitive southern negro, how r u?
:lol:

This dude suffers from Willie Lynch syndrome,perfect example of self hate

Bruh who is the Southern Negro when your stuck in the South now.Self hate is a disease.

Your obviously mad cause your ass got evicted from your roach egg infested dry paint wall apartment in brooklyn since their raising the rent, so you ended up in some weak ass apartment complex in Dade County, Southern Florida.

I'm actually up in your beloved NYC making moves as a temporary career maneuver, I can go to your borough any time and buy that nasty ass weiner from the hot dog stand and feed it to them dirty ass pigeons, laugh at fools like you who used to ride the dollar cab, know why, cause I go where I please.You can't, your stuck.

Last edited:

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
last reply to all of this cause this is way too much talking for something that isnt even a big deal: pulling things out of context isnt right.
We all know that around the world and even in the States NYC has that magic glamour about it whereby ppl believe, "if u want to make it big, u can do it NYC" They make songs and movies about ppl "making it big" in NYC etc etc etc. It has the reputation for being the world center for a lot of things be it finance, fashion, food and all of that. Its a lie to pretend that it doesnt have that aura about it. So we all know that it is a pivotal city in many regards despite its many drawbacks as well. That's the context of what she is talking about.
However, it goes without saying that other cities have just as much potential in their own ways as well. Again, that's why the whole comparison to Chicago and other cities is moot. It all goes without saying but it looks like it does need to be spelled out cause all of this is stating the obvious.

I am sure u are gonna take what I said the wrong way and I dont want to keep going in circles, so I kinda done with it and leave it be.

N

NaturalBornRidah

last reply to all of this cause this is way too much talking for something that isnt even a big deal: pulling things out of context isnt right.
We all know that around the world and even in the States NYC has that magic glamour about it whereby ppl believe, "if u want to make it big, u can do it NYC" They make songs and movies about ppl "making it big" in NYC etc etc etc. It has the reputation for being the world center for a lot of things be it finance, fashion, food and all of that. Its a lie to pretend that it doesnt have that aura about it. So we all know that it is a pivotal city in many regards despite its many drawbacks as well. That's the context of what she is talking about.
However, it goes without saying that other cities have just as much potential in their own ways as well. Again, that's why the whole comparison to Chicago and other cities is moot. It all goes without saying but it looks like it does need to be spelled out cause all of this is stating the obvious.

I am sure u are gonna take what I said the wrong way and I dont want to keep going in circles, so I kinda done with it and leave it be.
Oh no, why would I take what you say the wrong way.

Your an NYC ass kisser that's all.

Of course there some people who would take the glamour and prestige of NYC based on what they hear in music and see on TV( I for one was never impressed by it even looking at it on TV), but only the people that are fooled easily by media would fall for it, let alone if they never been to NYC themselves they would have that notion.

We are not talking about NYC's position on the world stage ,were talking about blacks and AAs position in NYC in general, hence the topic, ''the affluent black neighborhoods of NYC''.We all now the world of blacks in the US is different that of most other Americans, for example most white middle class Americans may view Nashville as one of the musical capitals since many country musicians come from there,where as blacks across the country may view New Orleans as a musical mecca since jazz was born there.Different people in the US do not view things the same.

All the reputation for it being the center of fashion,food,etc,is all subjective,but to hell with it.

Its obvious your an NYC ass kisser.You've just revealed yourself from what you've said.

Thank you I'm done

Last edited:

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
probably neighborhoods on the borderline of Queens and Nassau counties like Laurelton and Springfied Gardens can qualify... But they are more upper middle class rather than affluent.