Why Small islands steal then turn around and act like Trinidad steal their things?

this is like white people yes, allyuh off
You have the argument wrong, what you find is a lot of Trinis get sensitive when obvious influences are pointed out. There is no such thing as a pure genre, everything influences everything. Some influences are subtle, some more blatant.

The problem arises when islanders recognise their influence and point it out. Like trinis feel under threat for some reason. Why they caar just accept that the region is increasingly becoming mixed, nothing wrong with that.

Teddyson John, Skinny Fab to an extent and numerous others seem to have no issue with the fact that their styles are Trini influenced. And the islands generally have no issue with accepting the trini influence. The problem seems to arise when they point out their own influence on Trini music.

here is and example, Pro will jump in and come up with all kinds of explanations and analysis for the song below. To anyone with a basic knowledge of the genre, this ridim is pure bouyon. Despite the obvious ridim structure, some trinis have a hard time accepting it for what it is, an exact copy (slowed down) of WCK's original ridim style:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zGLjBC_BZ54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
You have the argument wrong, what you find is a lot of Trinis get sensitive when obvious influences are pointed out. There is no such thing as a pure genre, everything influences everything. Some influences are subtle, some more blatant.

The problem arises when islanders recognise their influence and point it out. Like trinis feel under threat for some reason. Why they caar just accept that the region is increasingly becoming mixed, nothing wrong with that.

Teddyson John, Skinny Fab to an extent and numerous others seem to have no issue with the fact that their styles are Trini influenced. And the islands generally have no issue with accepting the trini influence. The problem seems to arise when they point out their own influence on Trini music.

here is and example, Pro will jump in and come up with all kinds of explanations and analysis for the song below. To anyone with a basic knowledge of the genre, this ridim is pure bouyon. Despite the obvious ridim structure, some trinis have a hard time accepting it for what it is, an exact copy (slowed down) of WCK's original ridim style:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zGLjBC_BZ54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You truly have a Socapro complex, you can't help calling my name even when you are addressing other folks. Did I horn you or something? It seems that way!

Anyway to correct your misrepresentation, I never denied that that Fay-Ann song has an influence from the smaller islands. It was produced by a St Lucian producer Ace & Penn of 758 Studios afterall.

What I did in the thread that I created (http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f...ka-zouk-soca-fusion-songs-270450/#post4572538) was to try to explain to some of you insecure small island folks why Trinis generally view that song as a Groovy Soca be it with a Zouk influence (hence why it was uploaded with the label Soca 2011) as most Trinis are still not that much into Bouyon believe it or not and still view Bouyon like Machel does as Soca with a small island twist.

You truly have a Socapro complex, you can't help calling my name even when you are addressing other folks. Did I horn you or something? It seems that way!

Anyway to correct your misrepresentation, I never denied that that Fay-Ann song has an influence from the smaller islands. It was produced by a St Lucian producer Ace & Penn of 758 Studios afterall.

What I did in the thread that I created (http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f...ka-zouk-soca-fusion-songs-270450/#post4572538) was to try to explain to some of you insecure small island folks why Trinis generally view that song as a Groovy Soca be it with a Zouk influence (hence why it was uploaded with the label Soca 2011) as most Trinis are still not that much into Bouyon believe it or not and still view Bouyon like Machel does as Soca with a small island twist.
and there is your argument settled!

No vyenegre I think Trini's understand When there is a foreign influence, what angers me is that every time a good trini song comes out you all claim it must have some up the island influence. Tian Winters, Tizzy, Teddyson John, Marvay and all these artists are clearly influenced by trini music and artiste, but Trini's don't point that out every single time. I think small island people always hve something to prove.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
and there is your argument settled!
I have always said that to most Trinis, Fay-Ann's song is a Soca tune with a Zouk influence hence why it was labelled as Soca 2011 by the uploader and hence why I included it in my thread showing the timeline history of popular Zouk & Soca fusion hits in T&T over the years.

What you guys tried to argue is that it is a Bouyon and what I tried to explain is that it might be a Bouyon to you guys but most Trinis would still view it as a Groovy Soca tune with a Zouk influence. That's the reality!

I was called ignorant for pointing out how Trinis generally view the track even after giving you'll a history lesson to explain exactly why.

PS:
Btw in post #3 above you said this in your opening paragraph:
There is no such thing as a pure genre, everything influences everything. Some influences are subtle, some more blatant.
Then you said this in your closing paragraph:
To anyone with a basic knowledge of the genre, this ridim is pure bouyon. Despite the obvious ridim structure, some trinis have a hard time accepting it for what it is, an exact copy (slowed down) of WCK's original ridim style:
Thanks for so clearly demonstrating your comical hypocrisy! LOL!
There is no such thing in your mind as a pure music genre unless of course that genre happens to be Bouyon which actually means fusion of other music genres with DA local music ingredients added.
You should become a stand up comedian! I will pay to attend one of your comedy shows, seriously.

No vyenegre I think Trini's understand When there is a foreign influence, what angers me is that every time a good trini song comes out you all claim it must have some up the island influence. Tian Winters, Tizzy, Teddyson John, Marvay and all these artists are clearly influenced by trini music and artiste, but Trini's don't point that out every single time. I think small island people always hve something to prove.
I clearly remember Trinis pointing out Justin Beiber??? So wha, Trinis have something to prove??? Cah is same thing, Trini platform bigger and they using sounds from smaller islands!

As I said, nothing wrong with it, just accept it for what it is rather than try to discredit the smaller man's contribution!

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
oh lord. That Pressure song is BOUYON ################ sake. Zouk in yuh ass
Most Trinis don't care what you think or say and don't view it that way which is why it was labelled Soca 2011 by the uploader. Don't let it drive you insane! lol!