WINER BOY AGREES WiTH VINCYPOWA

cease10

if Machel didn't partake in Carnival to make a sh*tty remix with Pitbull and an even sh*ttier remix with Janet Jackson and a bunch of nothings from USVI, he did a dis-service to himself because no matter how big some self-important DJs think they are, NO ONE is checking for those tunes

and furthermore I am EXTREMELY upset about he opening for Beyonce since she is a wannabe occultress, worshiping the devil, the almighty dollar, and using her music as a weapon of mind-control...that Lady GaGa telephone video and all those occult symbols are too much to overlook...she may not be a part of a higher power or important enough to be in the illuminati, but she's either being used as a puppet or simply aspires to a higher level of devil worship

the fact that Machel would even AGREE to support the woman...is beyond me...again, it troubles me...that Bajan devil woman Rihanna is bad enough as a representative of the Caribbean...a Machel/Beyonce combination would be the beginning of the end for the region...which amazes me because the Caribbean has always been so spiritual and religious, and now the best of the best entertainers from the Caribbean are willing to sacrifice their souls and their beloved islands for a little mainstream success at the hands of LUCIFER

may god bless and the Caribbean and may the Caribbean help to keep our favorite artists on the right track and in God's favor...do not let them get sucked into these American devil worshippers who will ultimately lead to soca music's DESTRUCTION!
You sound like a JACKASS. Those same bunch of nothing from the USVI that you speak about has written a Grammy Award winning song for Jennifer Hudson, and are one of the most sought after songwriters in the business. They have written songs for Enrique Iglesias, Janet Jackson, Usher, Puss(y)cat Dolls, Mario, Sean Kingston, and many more.

Act like you know what you're talking about.

direct_effect

You sound like a JACKASS. Those same bunch of nothing from the USVI that you speak about has written a Grammy Award winning song for Jennifer Hudson, and are one of the most sought after songwriters in the business. They have written songs for Enrique Iglesias, Janet Jackson, Usher, Puss(y)cat Dolls, Mario, Sean Kingston, and many more.

Act like you know what you're talking about.
u studying him? He's the same one who is saying that mainstream music will lead to the apocalyptic downfall of the region.

benjie

Debble
I like red red wine... and I love more hard core rootsy songs. What I doh get is why we cant have and love both? Eh? :scratch
I was just about to say the same thing. If you look at soca music, it is already diverse and it has been for years. Another hybrid of the genre isn't killing anybody.

Most years artist make albums that they never really recoup their investment on. If they want to try something different let them try. Music is a living growing being and it will never stop. Sometimes it grows in ways we do not like. I'm not too crazy about death metal but if it floats your boat go for it.

Hell there is traditional soca out there right now that is considered tata. If what they come up with is tata to you, don't support it. Support what you like.

stargate

soca revolutionary
Originally Posted by soca cowboy
if Machel didn't partake in Carnival to make a sh*tty remix with Pitbull and an even sh*ttier remix with Janet Jackson and a bunch of nothings from USVI, he did a dis-service to himself because no matter how big some self-important DJs think they are, NO ONE is checking for those tunes

and furthermore I am EXTREMELY upset about he opening for Beyonce since she is a wannabe occultress, worshiping the devil, the almighty dollar, and using her music as a weapon of mind-control...that Lady GaGa telephone video and all those occult symbols are too much to overlook...she may not be a part of a higher power or important enough to be in the illuminati, but she's either being used as a puppet or simply aspires to a higher level of devil worship

the fact that Machel would even AGREE to support the woman...is beyond me...again, it troubles me...that Bajan devil woman Rihanna is bad enough as a representative of the Caribbean...a Machel/Beyonce combination would be the beginning of the end for the region...which amazes me because the Caribbean has always been so spiritual and religious, and now the best of the best entertainers from the Caribbean are willing to sacrifice their souls and their beloved islands for a little mainstream success at the hands of LUCIFER

may god bless and the Caribbean and may the Caribbean help to keep our favorite artists on the right track and in God's favor...do not let them get sucked into these American devil worshippers who will ultimately lead to soca music's DESTRUCTION
cowboy...I was totally with you up until this point now you made that extremely prejudice and uneccessery comment. how can you be ridiculing vincypowa for his notions when you making these same kinds of comments about others? it discredits you. its liket he pot calling the kettle black!
like vincypowr you are now showing that you beliefs are based on a mentality that is exlusionary and prejudice against certain entities! one obviously being VI music entities!

Last edited:

soca cowboy

THE BATTLE FOR EVERYTHING
I like a lot of soca bands from USVI, and from BVI...I think the Virgin Islands make a lot of great music. but Rock City's music is atrocious, it's also quantity over quality...I don't care how popular they are...biggest papishow act in the entire Caribbean

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
This is the part of their argument I don't understand. There is rootsy and more mainstream type reggae. There is bashy and more mainstream type dance hall. Why don't they think the same will happen for soca? Sean Paul and Shaggy going mainstream didn't stop the Kartels, Mavados, etc of the world from doing their thing for their niche markets.
They SIMPLY do not have ANY SENSE of WORTH.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
First, why do you always have to type in Caps lock?
Because I n I is a MAN of STYLE and FASHION. In other words, I am a TRENDSETTER.

Can you tell us about the magic formula that takes Soca international because one song in the Summer of 2004 doesn't cut it. BTW a song that was released in 2001 and was played out in the Caribbean.
The KING of MAINSTREAM SOCA, Kevin Lyttle, has SHOWN the SOCA INDUSTRY the WAY...his FORMULA is DA FORMULA to MAKE it to the BIG DANCE.

The Americans heard it three years later and liked it and we are supposed to believe that its superior to any other type of soca.
If you WANT to make it to the INTERNATIONAL/MAINSTREAM MARKET, Kevin Lyttle has SHOWN the SOCA INDUSTRY the WAY.

Rupee saw the LIGHT and he too had his DAY in the SUN.

The artist is not even that great of a performer, he is a mediocre singer, good voice but poor singing technique.
Do not make your JEALOUSY and ENVY get the BEST of U.

Do you know the SKILL and HARD WORK it takes to SING in a FALSETTO VOICE?

The KING of MAINSTREAM SOCA is VOCALLY TALENTED.

However, Soca is not about vocals
SMH

My YUTE, I SUGGEST that you get yourself EDUCATED on the HISTORY of SOCA. When you're done, COME TAWK to de I again about that COMMENT of yours.

I still am not convince that you love Soca music because you refuse to embrace anything outside of St.Vincent, you only try to play it off like you like other "small island" music when you are combining the islands to compare the music to TNT.
Not only do I LOVE SOCA, I have a GREAT PASSION for it. What I do not LIKE is SHIT SONGS, and I can SPOT them a MILE away, that are forced down the throats of the PUBLIC and so are deemed to be hits.

I am a KEEN LISTENER of MUSIC and so I can tell a QUALITY SONG when I HEAR it. But many of these DEEJAYS, because of who the ARTIST is, will FORCE what is CLEARLY A SHIT SONG on the PUBLIC at the EXPENSE of a GOOD SONG from lesser known artist.

mega77

I like a lot of soca bands from USVI, and from BVI...I think the Virgin Islands make a lot of great music. but Rock City's music is atrocious, it's also quantity over quality...I don't care how popular they are...biggest papishow act in the entire Caribbean
In the first post i think you should be careful with your words cause may come off the wrong way .But with this post i do agree with you .This is something i been saying for a while now.

mega77

Because I n I is a MAN of STYLE and FASHION. In other words, I am a TRENDSETTER.

The KING of MAINSTREAM SOCA, Kevin Lyttle, has SHOWN the SOCA INDUSTRY the WAY...his FORMULA is DA FORMULA to MAKE it to the BIG DANCE.

If you WANT to make it to the INTERNATIONAL/MAINSTREAM MARKET, Kevin Lyttle has SHOWN the SOCA INDUSTRY the WAY.

Rupee saw the LIGHT and he too had his DAY in the SUN.

Do not make your JEALOUSY and ENVY get the BEST of U.

Do you know the SKILL and HARD WORK it takes to SING in a FALSETTO VOICE?

The KING of MAINSTREAM SOCA is VOCALLY TALENTED.

SMH

My YUTE, I SUGGEST that you get yourself EDUCATED on the HISTORY of SOCA. When you're done, COME TAWK to de I again about that COMMENT of yours.

Not only do I LOVE SOCA, I have a GREAT PASSION for it. What I do not LIKE is SHIT SONGS, and I can SPOT them a MILE away, that are forced down the throats of the PUBLIC and so are deemed to be hits.

I am a KEEN LISTENER of MUSIC and so I can tell a QUALITY SONG when I HEAR it. But many of these DEEJAYS, because of who the ARTIST is, will FORCE what is CLEARLY A SHIT SONG on the PUBLIC at the EXPENSE of a GOOD SONG from lesser known artist.
lol VP you dont done.But i do agree with one thing you said here these djs does be forcing trash into people heads and the rest quality songs from lesser artists do get left out .

stargate

soca revolutionary
lol VP you dont done.But i do agree with one thing you said here these djs does be forcing trash into people heads and the rest quality songs from lesser artists do get left out .
not lesser artist but less POP-ular artists.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Yuh TINK SEY ME DONE, ME JUSS AH COME.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-GqvwEG9HI4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-GqvwEG9HI4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

warrior

While the NINCOMPOOPS CONTINUE to DROWN themselves in their BACKWARDNESS, WINER BOY TOTALLY SUPPORTS the POSITION of the VISIONARY VINCYPOWA as to the DIRECT SOCA MUSIC NEEDS to GO.

READING the HIGHLIGHTED is LIKE ECHOING WHAT I n I HAVE PREACHED, ARTICULATED and FOCUSED on THROUGHOUT my PRESENCE in this FORUM.

While all the NINCOMPOOPS were GOING CRAZY over JUMBIE and all the other CARNIVAL SONGS by WINER BOY that YEAR, who was the ONLY IMIXER that was saying that his BEST SONG was "ONE MORE WINE" from JUMPSTREET?

Yes, the ONE and ONLY VINCYPOWA.

I will ALWAYS BIG UP QUALITY SONGS when I HEAR THEM and that is why I rated that PARTICULAR SONG as one of the BEST that came out that year.

While those CARNIVAL SONGS have BASICALLY been FORGOTTEN, "ONE MORE WINE" still has SHELF LIFE

I REST MY CASE, AGAIN.

YUHHHHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

So...

I disagree with you and Machel to a point. As has been the case for a long time most of the problem that we have with soca come from the lack of a proper music industry in the Easter C'bean. That is all it is. If you want to make your soca so that is appeals to a wider market perfect. If you want to make soca that is specific to a culture/subculture perfect.

We just need to have a proper industry that can facilitate that. We don't which is why there is always these "soca to the world vs we ting" arguements.