World Hijab Day - anyone participate?

dollbabi

Earth Angel
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZJzCy6XTSk?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uZJzCy6XTSk?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
true RE: praying. my mother's friend's friend always covers her head when she prays. one time we were getting ready to pray really quickly before eating and all she could find was a napkin so she put that over her head. LOL.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
true RE: praying. my mother's friend's friend always covers her head when she prays. one time we were getting ready to pray really quickly before eating and all she could find was a napkin so she put that over her head. LOL.
:rofl: :rofl: I shouldn't laugh but that's funny....

TC

Steuuuupssss!
:rofl: this jokey for so!

Yes I would participate, but for not necessarily the 'right' reason. I'd wear it if I couldn't be bothered to fix my hair properly for the day.
A burkah I would definitely wear...all winter long...looks warm under there.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Random...I remember seeing dis gyal coming down d road Jouvert morning in STT in hijab. I just smiled. Only in the Caribbean...

Ananci_7

I was listening to the young lady who started this observance on the BBC yesterday on the "World Have Your Say" segment and she was skewered by an Iranian woman who is now living in London I think. For her it represents the objectification, invisibility and enslaving of women by a theocratic elite. She was one of a handful of feminists in Iran who fought hard for that item of clothing to be dispensed with and for her World Hijab Day was a slap in the face. Goes to show how the same thing can have radically different meanings depending on what society you are living in.