Would you give up your phyiscal form

Oneshot

where de crix
Would you give up your physical form to live forever?

Maybe have your mental essence transferred to the internet, an animal, a human shell, or even a robot.

No i would not.

There is something within this present consciousness that will not accept certain things..

I am sorry, but as much as i love carnival, i am from the days of mas players/ masqueraders, not baccahanalist

I don't mind seeing people having a good time, but the on godly behaviour rubs me wrong

and i know as time goes on, this will not change, nor will it revert

so when my time is up, i will gladly go to my grave and rest in peace.

J

Juan Dan

I award this tred 50K credits
I will support all the nice treds

Poca

No, I want to do my time as destiny intended and leave my spot to the next in line. It's arrogant and and silly to wanna fight mother nature. Humankind is bound to lose no matter how advanced we seem and how hard we try.

CaribKaraoke

CaribKaraoke.com Owner

Maybe have your mental essence transferred to the internet, an animal, a human shell, or even a robot.
sidenote: In Christianity, you give up your physical form for a much more glorious form in heaven.

Oneshot

where de crix
No, I want to do my time as destiny intended and leave my spot to the next in line. It's arrogant and and silly to wanna fight mother nature. Humankind is bound to lose no matter how advanced we seem and how hard we try.
really? i bet you vaccinate your child, how about spectacles, isnt that fighting mother nature? what is your destiny? we live beyond the destined lives of previous generations, we embraced biology and microbes in the last century to extend our lives, in this coming age why not embrace technology to extend and better our lives.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings

a human shell? How would that be any different from the current body one already inhabits?

Anyway, long answer would be no. It would be easy to say yes without much thought but part of being "alive" is having a physical body to touch and feel your way through life.
Example:
I'd have no interest sitting at a beach with the sun above, the sea in front of me and sand below but could not touch or feel the water on my skin because my mental essence is trapped in some ipod experiencing it only from a screen. That is another form of death to me.
Being alive and inhabiting life, is so much more than your "mental essence" being replicated.

Oneshot

where de crix
a human shell? How would that be any different from the current body one already inhabits?

Anyway, long answer would be no. It would be easy to say yes without much thought but part of being "alive" is having a physical body to touch and feel your way through life.
Example:
I'd have no interest sitting at a beach with the sun above, the sea in front of me and sand below but could not touch or feel the water on my skin because my mental essence is trapped in some ipod experiencing it only from a screen. That is another form of death to me.
Being alive and inhabiting life, is so much more than your "mental essence" being replicated.
feelings and sensations are electric pulse interpretated by the brain right, so most likely those same impulses could be duplicated. like artificial colour purple in the grape drink.

edit:

for example the matrix situation, forget about the ipod, you live (your mind) in a virtual environment.
i cant remember my philosphy 100 but this is some Descartes ish i believe.

Poca

I don't go stand in the middle on the highway either.

really? i bet you vaccinate your child, how about spectacles, isnt that fighting mother nature? what is your destiny? we live beyond the destined lives of previous generations, we embraced biology and microbes in the last century to extend our lives, in this coming age why not embrace technology to extend and better our lives.

LB

feelings and sensations are electric pulse interpretated by the brain right, so most likely those same impulses could be duplicated. like artificial colour purple in the grape drink.

edit:

for example the matrix situation, forget about the ipod, you live (your mind) in a virtual environment.
i cant remember my philosphy 100 but this is some Descartes ish i believe.
:kicks Yeah , go on with your bad self!

It's still fake for me. I'm cool.

Oneshot

where de crix
:kicks Yeah , go on with your bad self!

It's still fake for me. I'm cool.
for real though? ok so what is your limit, artificial heart but no artificial skin?

me.. i would not might that ish.. seriously... i would be afraid of the risks like, lights go while my brain being transferred. but yeah, do some bungee jumping, go to the moon, star in a p0rn movie with paris hilton, the ish is unlimited.

LB

for real though? ok so what is your limit, artificial heart but no artificial skin?

me.. i would not might that ish.. seriously... i would be afraid of the risks like, lights go while my brain being transferred. but yeah, do some bungee jumping, go to the moon, star in a p0rn movie with paris hilton, the ish is unlimited.
seems like you moved the goal post from your opening one though?

I mean yeah we at the end of the day are just a bunch of electrical impulses that experience life with our physical body being the vehicle. But I didnt read your "mental essence" in the beginning as the same thing as you are saying now.

An artificial heart is still a tangible thing that exists in your chest. I dont see the comparison to being in a tree, robot or whatever? What am I missing in what you are asking?
I'll say this, I need at least the illusion that what I smell, feel, taste, touch is being experienced at the end of my finger tips (as it were) and not just some sensory overload in my head via some USB cable into my head.. I mean sure you can enjoy all of what you said above....but you added forever to it....there is some intangible aspect to it that wouldnt make you feel "alive". That's just me.

Oneshot

where de crix
seems like you moved the goal post from your opening one though?

I mean yeah we at the end of the day are just a bunch of electrical impulses that experience life with our physical body being the vehicle. But I didnt read your "mental essence" in the beginning as the same thing as you are saying now.

An artificial heart is still a tangible thing that exists in your chest. I dont see the comparison to being in a tree, robot or whatever? What am I missing in what you are asking?
I'll say this, I need at least the illusion that what I smell, feel, taste, touch is being experienced at the end of my finger tips (as it were) and not just some sensory overload in my head via some USB cable into my head.. I mean sure you can enjoy all of what you said above....but you added forever to it....there is some intangible aspect to it that wouldnt make you feel "alive". That's just me.
i feel you.. maybe i would not want to be a static ipod, but a robot able to surf through space easily. would be awesome

LB

i feel you.. maybe i would not want to be a static ipod, but a robot able to surf through space easily. would be awesome
I can't lie, you do make me laugh hard sometimes :kicks

Just got a visual of that robot from Futurama floating through space and those little organisms on him thought he was God and started worshipping him. lol