"You can touch my hair" exhibit..what do u think bout it!

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
i don't like it at all....it's a modern day Sarah Baartman display....we are not sideshow displays or carnival monkeys

Wadadlineko

You will be surprised the amount of persons that want to and do touch black peoples hair just so. I remember last year when i was in Mexico I was on a tour. At that time I had in these long natural looking braids. So imagine I there standing up talking to someone and when i finished started to walk off. ah wah dah joke yah tall tall imagine my head jerked backwards as i began to walk off. Can you believe the tour guide had my hair in her hands looking at. Mah nearly bruk off my neck cause she was holding onto my hair so tight. lol. I looked back at her and she let go my hair immediately and then said "your hair is so pretty, can i touch it again please?" Well I allowed her too. During my time in Mexico people walked up to me and told me my hair was pretty and touched my hair. I don't blame them. Black people are the only people on this earth with our hair so its no wonder why non-black people want to touch it or are fascinated with it.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
humans are curious

this type of curiosity isn't usually allowed.
this exhibit is allowing them to pursue curiosity without the judgment go for it it may be their only time in life they get to do this

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
me personally i dont want to put my hand in other people's hair.. next ting it greasy or have some strong oil in it. no thanks.

Minxy

reeeeeeeally :rolleyes:...people touch my hair all the time, as i stated previously, and like ur post says, first hair then ass...no boo boo :no2:...:drag:

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
You will be surprised the amount of persons that want to and do touch black peoples hair just so. I remember last year when i was in Mexico I was on a tour. At that time I had in these long natural looking braids. So imagine I there standing up talking to someone and when i finished started to walk off. ah wah dah joke yah tall tall imagine my head jerked backwards as i began to walk off. Can you believe the tour guide had my hair in her hands looking at. Mah nearly bruk off my neck cause she was holding onto my hair so tight. lol. I looked back at her and she let go my hair immediately and then said "your hair is so pretty, can i touch it again please?" Well I allowed her too. During my time in Mexico people walked up to me and told me my hair was pretty and touched my hair. I don't blame them. Black people are the only people on this earth with our hair so its no wonder why non-black people want to touch it or are fascinated with it.
I've have those experiences all the time.

I remember when I was 13/14, I was in Canada for a school trip. I had braids in my hair. So i'm outside minding my own business, and a group of Asian women came at me speaking some language and touching my hair. That freaked me out lol.

In Italy, my sister had in a sew in weave that looked like a curly fro. As we walking around Vatican City, some dude jumped off his scooter came up to sister and started running his fingers through her hair.

lolol - I have so many more of these.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
I've have those experiences all the time.

I remember when I was 13/14, I was in Canada for a school trip. I had braids in my hair. So i'm outside minding my own business, and a group of Asian women came at me speaking some language and touching my hair. That freaked me out lol.

In Italy, my sister had in a sew in weave that looked like a curly fro. As we walking around Vatican City, some dude jumped off his scooter came up to sister and started running his fingers through her hair.

lolol - I have so many more of these.

To be fascinated and or intrigued is one thing...but to violate someone's space and treat them like some circus freak is cray.

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
As for the exhibit itselt, I don't have an issue with it. As someone mentioned before, human beings are curious creatures. I get the fascination -- Hell I'm fascinated with our hair lol.